Aspire Nautilus tank works on MVP 20w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Hi all. I've been thinking of trying the Aspire Nautilus tank on my MVP 20w since I've read so many good things about it here. I'm doing mouth to lung vaping and I have an iStick 30 on the way too.

I just want to confirm the Nautilus tank will work on both mods? And what replaceable coils should I get for the Nautilus? Thanks!

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
It will work fine. Either mod is capable of producing more power than is needed to power the tank. The stock Nautilus comes with a 1.8 ohm coil and the replacement coils are available in either 1.6 or 1.8 ohms.
Thank you! Which one do you recommend? I'm using 1.8 ohm coils with my Protank 3.
You should get the Aspire NAUTILUS BVC coils (there are also non-nauti aspire BVC coils). Read the fine print:D
OK, thank you!
I will defo work on the iStick and I can see why not on the MVP too.
For the Nautilus I would recommend the BVC coils over the older BDC version
Thank you! :) I hope I won't have too much trouble tracking them down. :)

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.

I've heard of CC#'s being compromised on MFS recently.. I wouldn't purchase from them right now.

Puff2k said:
Thank you - I was just wondering that! Do you recommend the mini or the regular tank?

Like an above user said, depends how often you'd wanna be filling it. Filling the Nautilus is easy enough though, just carry around some spare juice when you know you'll be out for a while.

I think the Mini would look nicer on the iStick 30W.

Your call though, no benefit other than capacity.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Depends on how often you want to fill the tank.

The Naughty Mini will probably look better on the Istick (which is about the size of a BIC lighter) if looks matter to you.
Thank you! Yes, I'd rather it not be too top heavy.
Thanks!
I've heard of CC#'s being compromised on MFS recently.. I wouldn't purchase from them right now.

Like an above user said, depends how often you'd wanna be filling it. Filling the Nautilus is easy enough though, just carry around some spare juice when you know you'll be out for a while.

I think the Mini would look nicer on the iStick 30W.

Your call though, no benefit other than capacity.
Thank you! :)

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Thank you! Which one do you recommend? I'm using 1.8 ohm coils with my Protank 3.

I honestly don't know the difference between the two (other than the obvious). I am currently using the stock 1.8 ohm coil on my Nautilus mini and I have some of both the 1.8 and 1.6 coils on order. With Ohm's law for a given voltage, the 1.6 ohm coil will require more wattage than the 1.8 ohm coil. What that translates to as far as perceptible differences in the vape, I don't know, with higher wattage comes a warmer vape? Perhaps someone who does can chime in.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Thank you - I was just wondering that! Do you recommend the mini or the regular tank?

The Mini holds 2 ml of juice while the regular holds 5 ml. Obviously the regular will be larger and more conspicuous. With the Mini, I have to fill up twice a day. So the regular (I am waiting for it in the vape mail) will last me a full day.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
I honestly don't know the difference between the two (other than the obvious). I am currently using the stock 1.8 ohm coil on my Nautilus mini and I have some of both the 1.8 and 1.6 coils on order. With Ohm's law for a given voltage, the 1.6 ohm coil will require more wattage than the 1.8 ohm coil. What that translates to as far as perceptible differences in the vape, I don't know, with higher wattage comes a warmer vape? Perhaps someone who does can chime in.

The difference between 1.8 and 1.6 is virtually negligible, the same voltage (assuming it falls between 3 and 6 volts) will generate about a 1 watt difference between the 2 coils. (ie: 1.8 ohms @ 3.4 volts = 6.4 watts, or 1.6 ohms @ 3.4 volts = 7.2 watts).

The difference will be a lot more noticeable between, say, a 1.2 ohm and 1.8 ohm head. Maybe slight increase in vapor production, slight increase in flavor, higher possibility for burning the head (based on experience).

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
The difference between 1.8 and 1.6 is virtually negligible, the same voltage (assuming it falls between 3 and 6 volts) will generate about a 1 watt difference between the 2 coils. (ie: 1.8 ohms @ 3.4 volts = 6.4 watts, or 1.6 ohms @ 3.4 volts = 7.2 watts).

The difference will be a lot more noticeable between, say, a 1.2 ohm and 1.8 ohm head. Maybe slight increase in vapor production, slight increase in flavor, higher possibility for burning the head (based on experience).

Thank you. I'm probably safer sticking with 1.8 then. :)

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Thank you. I'm probably safer sticking with 1.8 then. :)

It's worth experimenting with to see what you prefer.

For most carto-style tanks I go higher ohms usually (I'm actually preferring the 1.2 ohm head on the Subtank more than the .5 ohm one), while with RTA's/RDA's and stuff I tend to go as low as .3 or .4 (but not much lower).

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
It's worth experimenting with to see what you prefer.

For most carto-style tanks I go higher ohms usually (I'm actually preferring the 1.2 ohm head on the Subtank more than the .5 ohm one), while with RTA's/RDA's and stuff I tend to go as low as .3 or .4 (but not much lower).

That sounds interesting. Do you do straight lung hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread