Decided on a new system- ITaste MVP 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

keylow

Mar 11, 2015
Montreal
So, as the title says, after about a month with the ITaste CLK 1280, I want to go ahead with the ITaste MVP 3 and hang onto that for a while.

I am just debating which clearomizer i should use to go with it. The original Aspire nautilus(5ml) or Aspire nautilus Mini(2ml)?
I go through about 3-4 ml at least a day. But is the MINI worth having to refill?

Much thanks in advance!

-Luc

Last edited:

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
Either nautilus would be fine on the MVP. I would suggest a sub tank of some sorT so you can get the most out of the MVP. Kangar subtank is nice cuz the rba deck but kind of expensive. The Smok VCT is nice and cheap. Both offer sub and sup ohm coils so you can either vape at .5 or 1.2 Ohms. They both have nice air control so if you use the 1.2ohm coils mouth to lung hits shouldnt be a problem.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I would go with the subtank so you can learn to rebuild and save some money. I love my mvp, it's an indestructible brick and that's what I need.

I have a Nautilus mini, but I only bring that to go mountain biking or snowboarding on an e-pipe. Rebuilding is easy and cheap. The Nautilus has decent flavor but it's not fantastic, and the coils are pricy.

keylow

Mar 11, 2015
Montreal
I would go with the subtank so you can learn to rebuild and save some money. I love my mvp, it's an indestructible brick and that's what I need.

I have a Nautilus mini, but I only bring that to go mountain biking or snowboarding on an e-pipe. Rebuilding is easy and cheap. The Nautilus has decent flavor but it's not fantastic, and the coils are pricy.

Thanks....so the Kanger Subtank 6ml would go nice? I have not gotten to the point of rebuilding my coils. I just started vaping a month ago ....and about a week now I been exploring this world on ECF lol

So if I want to buy coils for that subtank....I would need OCC coils?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Thanks....so the Kanger Subtank 6ml would go nice? I have not gotten to the point of rebuilding my coils. I just started vaping a month ago ....and about a week now I been exploring this world on ECF lol

So if I want to buy coils for that subtank....I would need OCC coils?

Correct. The tank comes with one 1.2 ohm coil, one 0.5 ohm coil and the RBA so you can make your own coils. The OCC is the pre-made coils. Don't let the name fool you, the Subtank Mini isn't that small. It holds 4.5 ml.

And I believe the Subtank is discontinued now and being replaced by the Subtank Plus which increases in size to 7.5 ml.

Last edited:

keylow

Mar 11, 2015
Montreal
Correct. The tank comes with one 1.2 ohm coil, one 0.5 ohm coil and the RBA so you can make your own coils. The OCC is the pre-made coils. Don't let the name fool you, the Subtank Mini isn't that small. It holds 4.5 ml.

And I believe the Subtank is discontinued now and being replaced by the Subtank Plus which increases in size to 7.5 ml.

Great, one last question....is the .5 or 1.2ohm better with the mvp3?

I have decided on mini...I vape from 4-5 v max!

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
After six months of EVOD-sized tanks I "graduated" to full-sized PT2s. I'd already been rebuilding my EVOD heads, so this was a natural extension. Jumped on the Nauti bandwagon first part of September (2 fulls and 1 mini.) I was rushing my vapes on those and going through coils more quickly than I wanted (and I'm not adept enough at rebuilding those heads....) Went for a couple of Subtank Nanos, but stuck mostly to my PT2s.

Swing back to a larger measure of patience, and I fired up my Nauti Mini this last week. I REALLY like it now. All this babbling gets me to the size of the tank. The Nauti Mini, PT2, and Subtank Nanos are all about 2.5mL, which I find to be a great size for me. It just seemed like I had to vape forever on a full-sized Nauti (or even my kayfuns for that matter.) I have "flavor-ADD" and need to switch out somewhat frequently to keep myself amused.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Great, one last question....is the .5 or 1.2ohm better with the mvp3?

I have decided on mini...I vape from 4-5 v max!

That really depends on the voltage you set it at. The MVP 3 is listed as working with coils from 0.4 to 2.5 ohms, variable voltage from 3 to 9 volts, and variable wattage from 6 to 30 watts. With a 0.5 ohm coil, and voltage set at 3 volts, it will require 18 watts. At 4 volts, it will require 32 watts. So with a 0.5 ohm coil, you won't be able to set the voltage at more than 3.8 volts, which will require 28.8 watts. The higher ohm coil will allow you to run it at a higher voltage (and thus higher wattage).

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Discontinued?! Already?! Didn't they just come out with the mini less than a year ago??

either OCC will do you just fine! The 1.2 tastes great with some juice, while the 0.5 tastes great with others! You'll get both in the kit, so you can decide which you like better!

It's not the Mini that is being discontinued, it is the original full size Subtank. That is being replaced by the Subtank Plus. From what I understand, the original Subtank came out first and when they came out with the Mini, they had made some design improvements. The Subtank Plus will include the design improvements that were included in the Mini and the Nano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread