Years worth of gear? Overkill or not enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kollin6618

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Denver, CO
Hey all. Newbie here. Got my taxes and I'm wanting to get a years worth or so of gear. Figure I'll do some serious research and up my game next tax season. Here's what I have right now: Innokin itaste vv v3 with 5 iClear 16's. I'd say 3 are pretty rough lookin, 1 is hanging in there and haven't touched the 5th so far in 2 months of vaping (about 3 to 4ml a day). Here's what I'm thinking of getting in addition to that:

Innokin itaste vv v3 battery only
Innokin itaste MVP 2 kit (w/ iClear 30)
5 iClear 16 coils
5 iClear 30 coils
Aspire Nautilus tank
10 Aspire Nautilus coils
3 Aspire Nautilus glass tubes
Kanger Aerotank
10 Aerotank coils
3 Aerotank glass tubes
LR306 Atomizer (w/tip)

I figure the iClears are backups. I'd buy 2 Nautilus tanks but they're pricey and I've heard decent reviews on the aerotank. Not sure on atomizers but that was recommended. The VV v3 would be for going out and MVP 2 at home.

I clean and maintain my gear pretty often so hopefully that's enough to last. I figure if I can make 5 iClear 16 coils last 2 months and then some then I must be doing something right.

Overkill, not enough or different direction? Forget anything? Remember I'm going for basic and no rebuildables.

Reactions: DPLongo22

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Having a replaceable battery type mod is a good thing have. That way you don't have to get a replacement device only a battery. Have you taken a look at the SVD? Instead of the MVP you could get the VTR, it is a big bigger but for home use it wouldn't be a bad thing. I've heard good things about the nautilus but the attys can't be rebuilt unlike the Aerotank. I've rebuilt my aerotank to 1.5 ohms and it kicks .... If you get a mod with rechargeable external batteries a nitecore charger is approved by many here on ECF. Other than that I can't think of anything off the top of my head Lol

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I like to tell new people to keep their old used heads for clearos. Just clean them up, let them dry and stick them in a baggie. You never know when you will want to take up rebuilding them, or need a spare part or the company discontinues your device and they can't be bought anymore.

If you never rebuild there are people here on ECF who would be happy to take them off your hands.

Hiding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I wouldn't try to buy a years worth of clearos or coils for them. Or if you do leave this forum and never come back.

Mod envy is a very real thing around here, you'll see all kinds of things you'll want to try instead. And those clearos and coils may turn out to be a waste.

Luckly I didn't have many, 5 spare coils and a handful of clearos. But mine all were given away to people because after a month or so, I moved on to bigger and imho better things.

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
I would also advise you to get something with a replaceable battery. I love the iTaste vv vw3's, but they ARE actually a throw - away device....I keep hoping Innokin will make something similar that does have replaceable batteries....

If you are like a lot of folks here, you will eventually want to try out other kinds of devices and toppers....I didn't think I would, thought eGo's and clearos and the iTastes were just fine.....but I've now put most of those eGos away and have moved on to other devices, tanks, cartos, etc.

Also, this industry is young and if it's like others, there will continue to be improvements, new designs, etc., etc. that we will want to try!! :p:2cool: So....you might wanna go easy for a while yet....Best wishes!!

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
I really just use four different devices...KayFun clone, AGA T2, Igo L, Vivi Nova v2.5. Three tanks plus a dripper. Usual boxes of cartos and clearos for just in case. I rebuild my toppers, so my main recommendation is getting into rebuilding your own coils. Not that hard, and you can count on yourself for new coils, not a source that may run out (or even dry up)..

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I would also advise you to get something with a replaceable battery. I love the iTaste vv vw3's, but they ARE actually a throw - away device....

I hear ya on that, but to be honest, loose batts, esp. if they are not high quality like AWs, get "tired" in a year or so.

That's about how long my Joyetech Twists have lasted before getting "tired" (i.e., don't last as long anymore).

I think it's 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of another when it comes to comparing actual costs. With loose batts you also need a more expensive charger.

I think all this evens out over a year's time.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I just bought four IBTanked Halflings and 80 cartos to last me a while ... probably will buy 4 more tanks and 60-80 more cartos to last me a year or so.

The Halfling IBTanks on my eVic and Provari are my perfect setup ... carrying full tanks in their thingys is trouble free vape flavours to go.

I second IBTanked cartotanks in their "thingys" for traveling. I use 2 MVP 2's and I carry 4 filled tanks from IBTanked for my commute in the thingys they shipped in. Works out great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread