E-Cigs on Planes

Status
Not open for further replies.

renacer

Jan 27, 2015
Clearwater, FL
I'm travelling without checked luggage in two days from now. I know the rules about liquids having to each be under 3 oz. and in a plastic bag. Is it okay if the juices are already opened though? I bought two 30 oz. juices to take on the plane but now I want to dig into them because... they taste so good...

How many 30 oz. bottles can I take in one plastic bag?

Nytebreed

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Boston, MA USA
As said above, as many bottles, under 3oz each, as can fit in the 1qt bag. They can be open/unsealed.
I've actually brought 120ml bottles that were open and not full. Full they are over 3 oz.
If you use tanks empty them it's a good chance that the pressure changes will make them leak severely.
Loose lithium batteries of any flavor have to be transported carry on, in a battery case of some type.
Do not bring screw drivers, scissors, ect carry on regardless of size, they will be confiscated and you will be subjected to enhanced security screening.
I would STRONGLY advise against vaping in the plane bathroom, the penalties are extreme, and the smoke detectors are a photoelectric eye type that will trip from vapor.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Security will allow you to pass through with your box mod in checked luggage? What about a Mech Mod? They don't think that's some sort of Pipe bomb?

No batteries in CHECKED luggage. Has to be carry on. TSA is very familiar with our mods and tanks etc. Just don't break the liquid rules and you will be fine.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Nope - no problem. CARRY ON.
Liquid - it's OUNCES not mls - so your 2 bottles are fine. Doublebag them though - air pressure drop can cause leaking.
Same thing with bottom-feeders - take the bottle off, or it'll autofeed your juice til it leaks everywhere.
TSA seems to be surprisingly on top of it. I figured, "heck, my Reo really does look like a detonator" - but had no problem and I've flown with that and tube mods like 15 times at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread