Flying with e-stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

buildabane

Sep 11, 2014
St. Louis, MO
I am headed to NYC in the morning, and of course I am taking my vape with me. I will be separating the different parts in small plastic bags so security has no problems. I know I can bring e-liquid on a plane, but will the air pressure make my bottles leak? My clearo will be in pieces, but I am worried about my three bottles of e-liquid. Some guy at a vape shop said the air pressure will make them explode...Sounded a little extreme. I am going carry on and not checking in luggage, so everything will be with me the whole time.

What should I do about the liquid?

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
I just flew today from Florida to Philly. I squeezed almost all the air out of the bottles and put the caps back on. No leaks.
All my vape gear goes in my carry on. Which reminds me, I need to let the air back in those bottles.

Just checked them and happy to report, no leaks or exploded bottles :)

Squeezing some air out is the secret. Doesn't have be all of it. This provides a negative pressure in the bottle and allows for expansion and contraction with the pressure changes. I do it with any container that has liquid. I also place them in plastic bags to catch any spill. So far, I haven't had anything leak while using this method - both carry on and checked.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I will give the squeezing a try - What about a thin layer of plastic wrap over the cap, then screwing it on?

That's what I do with my shampoo and conditioner. Those have been the only things that have leaked. After doing the plastic between the top and the cap, I haven't had any leaks. *knocking on wood* I still Baggie everything. Just in case..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread