Status
Not open for further replies.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I read reviews all the time on atties and tanks where the reviewer starts going on about the intense/superb/awesome flavour.

This was brought home to me by a couple of experiences i had with my home-made ADV. I love it in a Kafun but find it unvapeable in an Orchid.
Njoy AC Hedons Bite - Overwhelming melon flavour in a kayfun - Predominantly apple flavour in a Subtank mini.

One device may well bring out certain aspects of a flavour that are more appealing and yet make other flavours taste mediocre.
To me it is over simplistic to announce that a particular device is best for flavour. In fact i believe anyone who says that should be forced to never leave a review again. Ever.
I know that wattage plays a part but to me the airflow is the biggest factor in flavour and not coil / chamber size / wick / colour of device.......

Or am i wrong ? :blink:

stonesfl

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Sunrise Fl
I'm by far no expert but your equipment plays a big part example mbv ecto cooler and coffee and hazelnut flavors on my old setup were totally unvapable the ecto tasted liked vomit and the coffee and hazelnut like a musty old shoe now I was using a itaste vv3 that was dying. Upgraded to a svd v2 and have new 18650 batteries and wow now the ecto tastes just like the old hi c drink and coffee hazelnut tastes like it should. Using the same tanks also. The other flavors that tasted fine by mbv and various other vendors now have a stronger more pronounced flavor some almost to much flavor.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I don't think you're wrong, but the better/smarter reviewers will generally stick to a known e-liquid when trying out a new device, so they know what to expect.
Yes, using a different e-liquid for every different device can be very misleading.

+1 @ 100% :)

Try vaping Tribecca in a subtank and the world "unsuitable" sums it up nicely.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
The problem is some flavors are more subject to change than others. Many flavors you could try in a dozen different toppers and the actual flavor would be consistent, only the amount of flavor would change. Other flavors can change drastically with a change of topper.

Which makes it extremely hard to review. You would have to have a huge variety of flavors and test every single one in every new tank to see if the tank itself changed the flavor. And then, if it did, would you blame the tank or that specific flavor if other flavors did not change?

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The problem is some flavors are more subject to change than others. Many flavors you could try in a dozen different toppers and the actual flavor would be consistent, only the amount of flavor would change. Other flavors can change drastically with a change of topper.

Which makes it extremely hard to review. You would have to have a huge variety of flavors and test every single one in every new tank to see if the tank itself changed the flavor. And then, if it did, would you blame the tank or that specific flavor if other flavors did not change?

+1

my fave is a diy caramel some attys is weaker, some stronger, a couple thick and rich, a few light but still tasty. Tried A tank that had no flavor at all, tried another and went blea taste like the flavoring chemicals. So its subjective. And highly Dependant on them using a juice they know well.

It is well known not every juice tastes good in every device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread