Already I can't deal with high nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Tomorrow I will be entering my fourth smoke-free week. I started out with 12mg Green Smokes which at the time seemed mild even though I had been of 1 PAD light tobacco smoker for many many years. Since then I have moved to mvps and tanks using mainly 6mg liquid, bought or made. Last night I found a box of the 12mg Green Smokes lying around and on a whim thought I would try one. I very nearly choked!! The 12mg hit my throat like an atom bomb and I was hacking for half an hour straight.

It's amazing isn't it. I rarely inhale while vaping - don't feel the need to. And yet I am satisfied and I feel I am pretty much getting over my nicotine addiction without even trying. I shall probably go on being addicted to the vaping because it is a pleasurable activity in itself but I can see myself going nicotine free in the not too distant future.

So my advice to anyone just starting on this journey - get yourself some good equipment and some nice liquid. You'll forget all about analogues in no time.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I never could tolerate 12mg, not for the TH, it just made me sick. I *wish* I could use more, to get better TH, but 20 yrs of ultra-light cigarettes left me with little actual nicotine addiction or tolerance -- for me it's almost entirely the behavioral aspect, along with the minor alkaloids. Too bad you can't get WTA-minus-nicotine!

Andria

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I smoked Camel "straights" for 45 years. When I started vaping, thinking that I needed to start with high nicotine, 24 to 36 mg/ml was my common juice... but that was with clearos and carto tanks.

Now, with RBAs, I use 6 mg/ml, and suspect that I'll be using 0 nic before the year is out... although I have no specific "plan" to do so.

Like you Papillon, I love to vape, love vaping paraphernalia and especially the technical/electrical aspects (see my blogs :laugh: )... but getting a "nic-fix" has become pretty low on my list of things I need to get through a day.

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
I started at 24mg, transitioned no 18mg no problem. Moved to 15mg, no problem. Moved to 12mg and had to vape my rear end off, so I'm at 15mg for the time being. That's mouth to lung tank juice, though. On my subtank mini 6mg is just fine and 3mg is a bit too low.

0mg nic? I absolutely see that in my future. On the day I die. :laugh:

arth1

Feb 17, 2015
Tomorrow I will be entering my fourth smoke-free week. I started out with 12mg Green Smokes which at the time seemed mild even though I had been of 1 PAD light tobacco smoker for many many years. Since then I have moved to mvps and tanks using mainly 6mg liquid, bought or made. Last night I found a box of the 12mg Green Smokes lying around and on a whim thought I would try one. I very nearly choked!! The 12mg hit my throat like an atom bomb and I was hacking for half an hour straight.

Nicotine isn't what gives a throat hit, though. When absorbed into the blood stream, it temporarily dilates blood vessels and causes a release of various messenger proteins like serotonin and epinephrine, and too much can make you dizzy or clammy. But if the only difference between two e-liquids is how much nicotine it contains, you should not be able to tell until the effects kick in. I have 6 mg and 18 mg varieties of the same e-juice, and I cannot tell any difference from the taste, only the subsequent effect. If anything, the stronger one has an ever so slightly weaker throat hit, possibly because by adding more diluted nicotine, there's slightly less volume for flavored PG.

That said, I am sure that some e-liquid vendors buy the nicotine mixed in with the flavors, and a higher nicotine level thus means adding more of the flavor. Which would give a stronger hit.

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've weaned out from Nic almost completely. Now I just vape with very low nic (1-3mg the most) or 0 nic, amazingly, you enjoy more flavour with 0 nic.

Nicotine kind of destroys good flavours with a stinging taste. In the long run, there are harmful effects from nicotine addiction. There are many other ways of getting more mental alertness, energy levels and stimulating your senses, such as with coffee for instance.

The remaining addictive part I have is the therapeutic sensation from vaping and blowing out tons of tasty vapours, its just a smokers habit as proven from expert's studies as a form of de-stress, I think this should be the eventual goal.

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
I started at 36mg, then after two months dropped to 24mg, another 2 months and dropped to 18mg.

I stayed at 18mg for 4 months, then dropped to 12mg, where I am now.

Sometimes 12mg makes me dizzy, so I am using 6mg during the day, with 12 in the mornings.

At night when relaxing and blowing clouds, I vape around 3-4mg.

I haven't had to fight to get the levels down; each time my body started showing symptoms. First there was mouth burn (from my mouth healing after quitting smoking), then there was dizzyness.

Seems as though I was forced to drop the nic levels rather than wean myself off. A "reverse tolerance"? Kinda' goes against what we were taught in school, eh?

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I smoked a pack a day of natives(nasty stuff, but cheap) and I started at 12mg too. I couldn't even finished the bottle of juice I bought. When I bought my first set up, I got a bunch of different juices with varying degrees of strength. Soon after using other juices, I went back to my 12mg and it gave me a massive headache. I can't even use 6mg now, even 3 is iffy.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Nicotine isn't what gives a throat hit, though. When absorbed into the blood stream, it temporarily dilates blood vessels and causes a release of various messenger proteins like serotonin and epinephrine, and too much can make you dizzy or clammy. But if the only difference between two e-liquids is how much nicotine it contains, you should not be able to tell until the effects kick in. I have 6 mg and 18 mg varieties of the same e-juice, and I cannot tell any difference from the taste, only the subsequent effect. If anything, the stronger one has an ever so slightly weaker throat hit, possibly because by adding more diluted nicotine, there's slightly less volume for flavored PG.

That said, I am sure that some e-liquid vendors buy the nicotine mixed in with the flavors, and a higher nicotine level thus means adding more of the flavor. Which would give a stronger hit.

Nicotine+PG is absolutely what gives a throat hit. You can enhance it with Flash, but without nicotine, you could vape straight Flash in 100% PG and there wouldn't be much TH if any at all.

Andria

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Liverpool, UK
"So my advice to anyone just starting on this journey - get yourself some good equipment and some nice liquid. You'll forget all about analogues in no time."

you hit the nail on the head with the above line, if someone had told me that when I first started I would have saved so much money and quit the stinkies much sooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread