question about higher ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdfield

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Mass
Hello.
So I think i kind like a cooler vape been getting some heavy lung feeling lately been vaping a 1.2 ohm single coil 28 g kanthal
cotton wick on kayfun clone v4 Tobecco, i would like to try like maybe 1.8 or a 2.0 ohm coil or is the kayfun v4 really better for
lower ohm coils I keep reading where the kayfuns sweet spot is like 1.2 - 1.5 i did lower my wattage from 14 to 12 but i like to seem some clouds more of a flavor chaser than a cloud person though
so i am just wondering if anyone has tried a kayfun around 2.0 ohms and what the vape was like
thank you

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That heavy lung feeling is more likely an excess of VG, than anything to do with the coils. Many people get heavy/thick/congested chest, with too much VG -- it's different for everyone, some can stand as much as 50/50, but I can't breathe at all if I use more than 20% VG.

Kayfuns will do great around 1.8-2.0Ω; I ran mine with coils like that for quite a long time, until I discovered that I actually found 1.5Ω coils to produce a more satisfying vape. Can't say for sure since I don't have a v4, but it can't be all that different. But the vapor will definitely be less. Lower VG will also produce less vapor, but you have to figure out if you'd rather be a cloud machine or keep breathing. :D

Andria

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I typically build mine around 1.7 -1.8 with 30 gauge and rayon wick, and after much use they'll creep up to 2 or so. Vape just fine.

What ratio pg/vg are you using? While not lungs, I do get a phlegmy feeling in the back of my throat when I go over 50% VG. Since PG tends to carry more flavor, I usually mix about 70/30, and many online sources will let you specify the blend. Although it does seem that most B&Ms default to 50/50.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
In fact I just put a new 1.5Ω coil on, because the one I was using kept giving me this awful burnt-metal taste. Still enduring the tedious break-in-new-coil-and-wick phase, lots of racket from the coil while I'm hitting it, but it's getting there. If I hadn't gotten a Magma and wanted to match the vape it provides with my kayfuns' vape, I'd still be using the 1.8's I used for so long.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread