Dry Hits on my parallel 18650 but not 18650 tube mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Media, PA
So weird question. On my 18650 Paragon I do not have a dry hit problem on my Mutation, but on my 18650 Parallel Dimitri box, after 2-3 hits, with smacked wick it is dry. I have a problem with my switch on my Dimitri where the voltage sometimes is not constant.

I'm thinking somehow this may be the problem, but any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Is the Dimitri a hard hitter. I think it probably is. Is the Paragon a thin tubed mod? I had a Paragon clone I got for a friend and had a problem with getting a hot switch. I figured it was due to the thin walls on the tube. It didn't hit nearly as well as say my Manhattan clone. I'm not sure what smacked wick is. I use Cellu-Cotton and never have a problem with wicking. To me anyway it sounds like a wicking problem. Have you tried any other wicks? Good luck

Apec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Media, PA
Thanks for the replies guys. I totally love my Dimitri. It's a clone so I didn't expect too much from it, but when I press the button and I put my online volt meter on it if my finger isn't centered then the voltage jumps. I took the switch apart but it was go no avail.

I have adjusted the neg screws and batt's are tight. This is a new problem.
So possibly the problem is my Paragon clone has much higher voltage drop and my wicking isn't perfect, so the problem is magnified on much harder hitting Dinitri. I just didn't know If jumping voltage would somehow cause dry hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread