Okay so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fussellini70713

Mar 28, 2015
Napa, CA
I have my istick 50...have been using the subtank mini with rba n coils close to bout 1 ohm,good enuf,but get several burnt tasting hits,so local vape guy hooked me up with an dripper ..coil is .3 (need a wider bore tip now tho)nd I don't know what is wrong here but I'm using a 12mg juice nd not rly getting any vapor nd am coughing.I'm still getting the peach flavor he primed the cotton with n not my sugar cookies ..I'm not sure yet the 12 is too strong nd I don't want tht to happen cuz as of now all I have is 12s with 6more I've ordered on the way.Definitely not getting burnt taste but idk.do I need a higher wattage mod? I don't care for clouds but I'm getting real small ones right now which just doesn't seem right. .3ohm 50w(being the max) 12 mrgoodvape moon sugar juice...feeling lost here...not at the shop now nd he's very informative but I feel like I'm missing something,he built the coils n set the drip up for me nd it's all fine,idk maybe for a drip I need over 50w n less than 12mg....I have a 6mg of the same juice just in case as well tho too so...absolutely new to dripping but not sure if it's my device needing to b higher capable or what...which is why I put this in general vaping n not rebuildable anything forum cuz I'm generally looking for ideas on juice mg the bore of my tip,power of device,so it's multiple things on my mind...ideas plz

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
For dripping the mg of nic is typically lowered if you are used to 12 for a tank 6 would not be uncommon for a rda. Also the pg/vg ratio will effect the vapor production, I believe the Mr Good Vape is a higher pg ratio. Another thing is are you lung hitting or mouth to lung? When switching from tanks you might want to adjust your draw and go for lung hits which feel a bit different than how traditional cigs are smoked.

Fussellini70713

Mar 28, 2015
Napa, CA
Subtank is fine,rba was just somewhat bothering me sometimes burnt taste but worked fine enuf,the prebuilt coils tht came with it work good too but I wanted the most out of the tank n the rba has slots tht u can basically drain the tank of juice without having to refill a lil under half.I'm not looking for giant clouds,I think it's cuz I'm not used to dripping every so many hits I don't exactly know when to ya know? Yeah call me a noob ,if u must,bcuz iam,everyone starts tht way nd I'm new to dripping,spending so much time at the shop seeing em drip with great cloud production nd flavor I was talking to guy today n he hooked me up with a dripper wicked it built coil n all tht,

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Short fast pull into your throat, airflow open wide works for me, wide bore drip tip is a must, without it it will be just meh. Cheers.

edit. drip builds take a LOT to master, it is not easy, it involves a LOT of trial and error. Wick density placement among many other factors, air flow liquid,
heat flux, a lot of stuff to learn man, don't give up.

Trial and error all the way.

Last edited:

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
What is considered "wide bore" cuz everything but my chuff top is 510. Is a plume veil drip tip wide bore, because to me that is pretty standard. The ST drip tip is wide bore so use that. I cant imagine getting an rda and them selling you a skinny tip.

50w is more then enough. Right now im running a single .9 at 30 and it is throwing clouds. To me .3 is pretty low on a regulated device. If i do build that low ill run a little lower watts 25 or so. O mechs .2-.3 ya but regulated heat up so fast that it isnt necessary to do on a regulated box.

Fussellini70713

Mar 28, 2015
Napa, CA
The istick 50 goes down to .2 nd up to 5 ohms...with a 1ohm coil in subtank it was vaping like a dream for me but occasionally burnt hits so he said dripping wud b good n just hooked me up with drip...I'd like to drip if I can get even better flavor production nd relatively good clouds but as u said it's trial and error so I'll go back tmrw n sit n try to figure it with the guy ,maybe not such a low ohm coil? Wicking is hard for me so building is a bit difficult although the coils I put in subtank worked fine other than recently having some burntness to em

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
My train of thought is Learn to use what you have before venturing into other types of equipment.

Why? Because it is better to gain knowledge and apply what one has learned than to wander aimlessly.

If the Kanger tank is giving Dry hits - figure out/find out why and learn how to correct it. Learn about wicking, air flow, power usage, e-liquid thickness
Everything has a cause and effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread