Advice or ideas anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman2

Jul 2, 2010
bulgaria
Not looking to spend 150$ on a new setup, my old starter E Ciggs have died, one reason or another. Last one was the Pioneer N-20 which was sort of OK, for while, but was always getting that burnt draw nasty, and it seems you keep topping the tank up, 8 or 10 good draws over 3 mins or so, and back comes the burnt experience, I think the tank was not up to the job too small, but who knows. But It's dead now I think.
A friend said if you gonna switch 24/7 over the vaping and dump the real deal, smokes, the N-20 is not really up to the job, you need a big tank and, a reliable setup, giving up to say 30 to 50W. That way you can get good deep draws, don't have to top up every 20 mins, and its about as near to normal smokes as you can get. That's what he said anyway!!

So what I am after is something that fit the bill, that's not a million $ and advice from the experts here, if possible would be nice.
Thanks.

Reactions: David Wolf

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Not looking to spend 150$ on a new setup, my old starter E Ciggs have died, one reason or another. Last one was the Pioneer N-20 which was sort of OK, for while, but was always getting that burnt draw nasty, and it seems you keep topping the tank up, 8 or 10 good draws over 3 mins or so, and back comes the burnt experience, I think the tank was not up to the job too small, but who knows. But It's dead now I think.
A friend said if you gonna switch 24/7 over the Vaping and dump the real deal, smokes, the N-20 is not really up to the job, you need a big tank and, a reliable setup, giving up to say 30 to 50W. That way you can get good deep draws, don't have to top up every 20 mins, and its about as near to normal smokes as you can get. That's what he said anyway!!

So what I am after is something that fit the bill, that's not a million $ and advice from the experts here, if possible would be nice.
Thanks.

Hi,

First, the Pioneer N-20 is a mod (battery pack) are NOT responsible for burnt taste (no mod is unless it's defective and not providing accurate power to the coil).

The burnt taste is due to your settings being too high, or that the coil/tank that you are using is crappy or not made for the type of vaping that you are aiming for. It simply is not wicking fast enough either due to how it's built, you are taking too many puffs too fast and it can't keep up, or because you are vaping too high in wattage for the size/type of the coil.

So you need to look at a new/different tank or different coils for it, but it's not the mod that would be the problem.

If you are not building (RTA tanks) and want to use pre-make cartridge coils, there's many out there.

For example:

The classic Atlantis type is a very common one as the coils and tank design has been used in dozens of models from different brands.

For example, I have the Eleaf Melo 2 and Melo 3, the Aspire Atlantis and Triton, the Freemax Scylla, and I use the Vaperasso cCell cartridge coils in all of them (which once used, I take them apart and rebuild them). (But I can also use the Eleaf coil in them, or the Aspire ones, etc.)

For all these tanks you can get just about any coils that fits in one and use it with another. This gives you a selection of regular khantal coils, Nickel ones, Titanium ones, Stainless Steel ones, even Claptons, some with cotton wick, others with ceramic.

The trouble for you is to know what type of vaping you prefer, large clouds, flavour, warm or cold vape. Do you want temperature control that provides a balance vape and no burning, or want the "spike" of wattage mode.

Then, do you want to build your own coils (or get into it), which will give you all the flexibility to try any metal, any gauge, different wicking material, etc.

Last edited:

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
I'd highly recommend the eleaf istick 50 with its built in 4400mah battery, a Uwell Crown tank and some coils for it. This is a rather inexpensive setup. You could get it all from Fasttech for around $50 and that's my travel setup and I love it!

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

ph0ng

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2016
www.huffandpuffers.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company / Unregistered Supplier

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
The recommendations are endless. I would recommend getting the best box you can afford. That way you won't outgrow it and spend money twice.

You don't mention what kind of tank or preferred style so any thing we offer is just a bit of a guess.

I like this setup because it has an rba base so you can rebuild. Lots of people are loving this kit. You will need batteries and a charger which puts you around $105

SMOK Alien 220W TC Starter Kit | Includes TFV8 Baby Beast Tank

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
A friend said if you gonna switch 24/7 over the Vaping and dump the real deal, smokes, the N-20 is not really up to the job, you need a big tank and, a reliable setup, giving up to say 30 to 50W. That way you can get good deep draws, don't have to top up every 20 mins, and its about as near to normal smokes as you can get. That's what he said anyway!!

Thanks.
A good recommendation for you depends on how you like to vape- Mouth to lung (inhale to mouth then breathe it in) or direct to lung. For most smokers coming of cigarettes I recommend MTL tanks like the aspire Triton mini with a tighter draw, Nautilus 1.8 ohm coils, 18 to 24 mg Nic juice, low watts 8 to 12W. For direct to lung you have the recommendations of others above that are higher watts and you use much lower Nic levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread