Status
Not open for further replies.

00gt1

VapeMeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Finally got fed up with my subtank dry hits, and the cost of my nautilus coils so I decided to dig out my mutation and dark horse a couple weeks ago. Now I fear that I ruined tanks forever!! I don't remember being this happy with dripping last go around. After a weeks and a half of dripping I tried my tanks again and they just leave me wholly unsatisfied.... Is it a lost cause?? Have a ruined tanking!!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Op,.............................User Error

Properly Built, Decent tanks, will give you almost as good a Vape as any Properly built Dripper. Notice the key is Properly built.
I love my Magma and Omega RDA's, my Dark Horse is just a Cloud maker in comparison.
Still, my Orchid Tanks can Billow and produce excellent flavor. My favorite is a .4 dual running 35 watts with my DIY cappuccino mix. :D

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
I like dripping now and again. The subtank gave me lots of dry hits too with stock coils, might be my juice I dunno. Out of my subtank, goblin, mutation v3, and tobh this evil eye rta gives me better flavor than any of them: Evil Eye RTA [Black] by Ehpro $39.99 - VividSmoke.com

Easy to build, easy to wick. Holds 8 mls. Give it a look see.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I haven't used a cartotank in over a year since I began rebuilding. After five bad cartos in a row the last time I set up a cartotank, I decided to give them up. This after I was very happy with my cartotanks for over two years. Lucky for me I had already begun experimenting with rebuildables so the switch was effortless.

I mostly use a mech and RDA, but I also still use my Kayfun Lite on my Provari on a daily basis, too.

What I find most appealing about rebuildables, is a better vaping experience -- nothing can compare to the flavor and vapor production. No more bad cartos; now if my coil sucks I have no one to blame but myself, not some Chinese factory worker having a bad day at the plant. I can choose the wick material and the size of the coil. My coils last months at a time and are easy to clean with dryburning between wick changes. Rebuilding is more cost efficient than cartos or replacement coil heads.

Last edited:
Reactions: VHRB2014

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Finally got fed up with my subtank dry hits, and the cost of my nautilus coils so I decided to dig out my mutation and dark horse a couple weeks ago. Now I fear that I ruined tanks forever!! I don't remember being this happy with dripping last go around. After a weeks and a half of dripping I tried my tanks again and they just leave me wholly unsatisfied.... Is it a lost cause?? Have a ruined tanking!!

I don't think tanks are a lost cause any more. There are some really good ones out there right now that handle quite a lot of power so you can build them to be good anywhere from 7 to 70 watts. The key IMO is knowing how to build for what you want in your vape and using a device that is good at that.

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My largest gripe by far is going back to the restricted air flow of a tank vs my mutation or dark horse.
I get that, but I put up with it. My Kayfun tank is a tighter draw than my dripper, which kinda forces me to do a mouth-to-lung draw. Sometimes I actually prefer that depending upon my mood.

My RDA has drilled out air holes, so I can easily do direct lung hits. Sometimes I'm in the mood for that, other times not so much. I have two different options available with the RTA and RDA.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I can understand why old timers could feel the need for drippers as tanks took a long time to get up to speed.

And there is a group of people who will always like to make things unnecessarily hard to tap into some unscratched itch. I'm a woodworkers and even though hand planes haven't been needed in nearly a century they are still big business. In most cases doing woodworking the fasters and cheaper way costs many times more then the modern way.

But unless either you want to cause you want to or else your on some extreme of lung capacity that would stagger Stan Lee and tank is out there for you. Maybe not the first one you try. Or even the second. Like for me a Kayfun is unusable. No air. So tanks suck?? But frankly an Atlantis 2 with the new hot coil (.2??) and a crap ton of watts threw MASSIVE flavor and vaper at me that was waaaaaay to much for me. So tanks suck??

No they don't. Todays tanks are pretty awesome. I'd actually like to try them all if I could. I can't wait to see whats next. Maybe nothing as I think something for every one is out there.

I think that many, possibly most, people just wanna fill it and forget it without alot of playing around. I don't think drippers are completely dead but reduced to afew people who enjoy fiddling.

Things are changing real fast lately. Like I say drippers are dead tanks are best but saddly all screw in coilds are junk and RTA is king. So I will stick with my RTA. But screw in coils are improving so fast that in 6 months, or now for all I know, that perfect coil maybe achieved and I'll look silly rolling my own.

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
I thought I was tank ruined as well, until I got the Arctic. It blows the Atlantis v1 away. I quickly upgraded to a Starre tank and love it. I recently was told to expect a Maganus in the mail next week as a late vaperversary gift from a friend. The Naganus and Starre are identical, or so I've read, and use the same coil. The Starre is a bit better than the Arctic, which is a great tank.

I still drip, depending on my mood and how lazy I'm feeling, but there are some killer tanks out there now.

I think it's a matter of location. Do you have time to drip, time to wick cotton, sometimes change cotton, carry a big bottle of juice around and an extra battery or 2? Or do you have a 5 minute break, and just need the quick and fast vape without all the mess that comes with dripping?

When I use a tank, I'm at work, driving, or playing video games, the tank becomes invaluable! Try driving an need to refill your RDA!! However, my only regret is getting a kanger subtank nano. It's a great little tank, juice lasts for a long time on 15W(almost all day at work), tastes good, not worried about clouds, but I'm not trying to impress anyone outside while I'm vaping, unfortunately leadership classified it as smoking, so we have to join the smokers outside. The battery life is great on my box, but I've had several hit and miss coils that didn't even last a day. Luckily the shop just threw a new one on each time, and sent me on my way.

I think my next purchase will be an RTA. However that being said, I always love coming back to my room after work, sitting down in my comfy chair, building a subohm coil, throwing a fresh battery in my mod, filling up the juice well, and vaping huge clouds on a couple of my favorite RDA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread