Status
Not open for further replies.

fiKnight

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Calgary
www.mysticvapor.ca
I'm an ex-smoker who enjoys the throat hit I used to get with cigs. I find that I get a much better throat hit and better flavor overall with my nautilus Mini at about 14 watts than I do with my Atlantis at 30 watts.

When I want to blow some massive clouds just for the hell of it, I'll crank the Atlantis up to 30. I don't really understand WHY I don't get good throat hit and flavor with sub-ohms at higher wattage. Does anyone have a good explanation for this?

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
I wish I had better advice but you don't have to pick between one or the other. If you like big clouds sub-ohm is an option though I read higher resistances can be better in regulated devices. You could try raising your Atlantis a bit, but if it's the v1 I wouldn't go more than around 35 watts, but just go slowly so you don't burn your coil.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Throat hit is most determined by the nic concentration of e-liquid, lesser so by the pg in the pg/vg ratio in e-liquid.

Higher temperature vapor is often misconstrued by some as throat hit, but it just causes harshness. Some people prefer a cooler vape, others a warmer vape.

Flavor is determined by multiple factors, one of which is the temperature the e-liquid is vaporized. Not all flavors are best presented by high temperature; in fact IMO most are not. For instance, most fruit flavors are best at lower temps. Tobacco and coffee flavors often best at higher temps. But this is a very subjective viewpoint as what one person likes another will not.

I vape at both 1.5 ohm and 0.6 ohm, and enjoy both for different reasons. Two years ago I vaped cartotanks 2.0 - 3.0 ohm. Although I'm not a cloud chaser per se, I do like a decent amount of vapor. I'm more about the flavor.

full

Reactions: fiKnight

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The only real reason to end up subohming on a regulated device as because very low gauge, thick wire was used to make some big coils and the resistance naturally stayed low.

Otherwise theres no real reason for it regulated.

If you want to experience what real subohm can do get a dripper or rebuildable tank designed with that in mind, you will get dramatically different results then using a prebuilt head.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm an ex-smoker who enjoys the throat hit I used to get with cigs. I find that I get a much better throat hit and better flavor overall with my Nautilus Mini at about 14 watts than I do with my Atlantis at 30 watts.

When I want to blow some massive clouds just for the hell of it, I'll crank the Atlantis up to 30. I don't really understand WHY I don't get good throat hit and flavor with sub-ohms at higher wattage. Does anyone have a good explanation for this?

Are you using the same juice or not in each setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread