I need opinions on a good starter kit for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
My first thought is an iStick 20W with a Nautilus Mini tank.

If she wants to stick with pen style batteries, maybe an eGo Twist or a Vision Spinner 2 w/ a Nautilus Mini.

(Full disclosure: I've never owned a pen style battery, so my Twist and Spinner suggestions come with no personal experience. I've just seen them mentioned a lot here.)

Reactions: Papillon61

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Provari and a Kayfun, both of which are on sale right now at Provape.

A $200+ setup that requires rebuilding seems like quite a leap for someone who's currently running a $20 clearo rig, don't you think? I definitely wouldn't consider a Provari + Kayfun a "starter kit", which is what the OP requested.

Reactions: YanchaBozu

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
My friends been vaping for a couple months now and when she started she got a buck naked skinny. recently the tank that came with it started leaking, I'm pretty sure the tank that comes with it is a disposable correct? What would be a good starter kit for her?
How much does she want to spend? There's a really big difference between wanting to get a rig that'll last her for years and one that'll last a few months.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Istick 30w and an aeotank to start I think. Good battery capacity, room to expand. Aerotank is a good tank with airflow without getting into subohm quite yet. But there's lots of great tanks, I just stick with kanger brand, they've never failed me. Genitank is a little cheaper, it's a good tank also imo.

Reactions: yuseffuhler

YanchaBozu

May 15, 2015
Vancouver
Depends on if she likes the tube batt, or box. I would recommend Aspire - Aspire Premium kit consisting of nautilus mini and VV+ battery (naut mini and vv batt). Def the nautilus mini, but as somebody who has an istick 20w, and the aspire 30w esp, I would buy an ipv or the esp 30w. I generally haven't been very happy with the istick.

I used to stick with kanger geni and protank, but get too many dry hits with their coils.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My friends been vaping for a couple months now and when she started she got a buck naked skinny. recently the tank that came with it started leaking, I'm pretty sure the tank that comes with it is a disposable correct? What would be a good starter kit for her?
It would be easier to give recommendations if we knew what her preference is. Does she want to stick to the cig-a-like form or is she ready to move up to something larger with a bit more power? Is she interested in a box shape or is she set on a tube shape? It would be great if she could go to a well stocked B&M Vape lounge (as in a lot of variety) so she can get a feel for what she likes. Wishing her luck in finding the perfect vape for her.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
My first thought is an iStick 20W with a Nautilus Mini tank.

Great minds or what? :) I have exactly these two items on the way which I bought for my son who half heartedly wants to switch to vaping from the stinkies but has so far only been dabbling with cigalikes which obviously don't cut it. I'll throw in a couple of my best DIY juices for him. If he takes to this set up good... if not it won't matter much because it's not too expensive and I could do with another battery myself. :)

Reactions: caferacer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread