Converting people (willingly and accidentally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Hey guys and gals,

So I've been vaping for a couple of months after being on the stinkies for about 10 years, but my father has been in it for many years. This has lead to me skipping a great deal of rookie mistakes and learning how things work quite fast. This resulted in having a decent build in a community that has either no or bad opinions on vaping. I'm from a smaller town in Croatia, and if anyone mentions vaping it's what they've heard from the news on how bad it is (mostly the ever present study of old clearomisers fired at 5V).
After a month or two i was so enthusiastic about it i wanted to share it with my smoking friends. Trying to explain the possibilities, the fine tuning, ranging from wicking, atomizer types and coils to DIY juices. Some were interested, others were not.
Lately though, perfect example tonight, unexpected things started happening. I was out in my local pub, tootle puffing on my vamo5 and veritas and somebody i barely know came up to me asking what that was. I gave him a puff at 8W with my DIY 10mg VG chocolate peanut butter and he was thrilled. Friday night and he was like "just tell me what to order and i'm taking it right now".
I feel as if there's about to be an avalanche of vapers in my town and i'm loving it. This is the fifth or sixth person that has fully committed to dropping the analogs and switching to vaping in a very short time period, I'm gonna have to hold a class soon for all the basics :D

Have you guys from smaller towns had similar experiences? Because i feel that all the bad media regarding vaping is having little to no effect once a smoker takes a puff. Of course the problem is "making" the sceptical ones actually take the first puff due to the propaganda, but in my experience, once they do it's almost always a done deal!
God i hope i'll have someone recommending me flavors and atties in a couple months :D

Last edited:

Ry4life

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
Canada
I'm from a small town as well , for the most part it's only ever smokers that are interested in finding out what vaping is all about in my experience . Most non smokers are headstrong that vaping is worse than smoking and don't want to hear the facts. It seems you may have an opportunity to help people and or start a potential business!

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
I'm from a small town as well , for the most part it's only ever smokers that are interested in finding out what vaping is all about in my experience . Most non smokers are headstrong that vaping is worse than smoking and don't want to hear the facts. It seems you may have an opportunity to help people and or start a potential business!

You are right, long time smokers are the "easiest" crowd. As for non smokers, that's not even an issue as they are in a better spot than you and i and i have no interest in hooking them up with vaping.
As for the business part, i'm a developer and that takes a big chunk of my time. Add training to that and i'm left with very little of it. I'll just help people educate themselves enough to manage everything on their own, and if i sell some of my DIY juice on the way it's a win win for all of us :D

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Hey guys and gals,

So I've been vaping for a couple of months after being on the stinkies for about 10 years, but my father has been in it for many years. This has lead to me skipping a great deal of rookie mistakes and learning how things work quite fast. This resulted in having a decent build in a community that has either no or bad opinions on vaping. I'm from a smaller town in Croatia, and if anyone mentions vaping it's what they've heard from the news on how bad it is (mostly the ever present study of old clearomisers fired at 5V).
After a month or two i was so enthusiastic about it i wanted to share it with my smoking friends. Trying to explain the possibilities, the fine tuning, ranging from wicking, atomizer types and coils to DIY juices. Some were interested, others were not.
Lately though, perfect example tonight, unexpected things started happening. I was out in my local pub, tootle puffing on my vamo5 and veritas and somebody i barely know came up to me asking what that was. I gave him a puff at 8W with my DIY 10mg VG chocolate peanut butter and he was thrilled. Friday night and he was like "just tell me what to order and i'm taking it right now".
I feel as if there's about to be an avalanche of vapers in my town and i'm loving it. This is the fifth or sixth person that has fully committed to dropping the analogs and switching to vaping in a very short time period, I'm gonna have to hold a class soon for all the basics :D

Have you guys from smaller towns had similar experiences? Because i feel that all the bad media regarding vaping is having little to no effect once a smoker takes a puff. Of course the problem is "making" the sceptical ones actually take the first puff due to the propaganda, but in my experience, once they do it's almost always a done deal!
God i hope i'll have someone recommending me flavors and atties in a couple months :D
I live in a bigger town but I was out doing some extra loads of laundry op was standing outdoors while waiting for wash cycle I joined her and had my pv out in a flash - conversation, me super enthused her "I have copd and have had two chest tubes inserted and still can't stop" me it won't hurt to give vaping a try Gave her directions to one of the local shops - she told me you are the third person who has told me about vaping it seems to spread by word of mouth and the fact that it actually does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread