Herakles + MXJO Batt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbanhbao

Nov 21, 2014
Seattle, WA
Hey guys, I just need your opinion. I been dripping with my Plum Veil and smok-e mod and i just find it inconvenient to drip while at work. So i wanted to use a tank with my mechanical mod. I went to a shop and they sold me a Herakles tank that came with a .6 oHm and .2 oHm coil and a MXJO battery. They recommend me to use the .2 ohm coil for better result. Will that be safe to run .2 ohm with this battery?

Battery specs : 3.7V 2500mah 35A.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
If you are going to use a 0.2Ω coil you will need a 30A CDR battery. The MOJO is only 20A CDR.

Here are some 30A batteries.

1. Orbtronic SX30 2100mah 30A
2. Sony VTC4 2100mah 30A (there are no authentic VTC5's out there)
3. Xtar 2100mah 30A (re-wrapped Sony VTC4)

BATTERIES - WHERE TO BUY

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.

* RTD Vapor
* Illumination Supply
* Lighthound
* Orbtronics
* Battery Junction**

Note: **Ships to Canada

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    The MXJO might have a 22A CDR (I don't know what temperature they reach at 22A, a big factor in safely rating a battery) but at 0.2 ohms you will be running it very hard. Assuming your battery drops to 3.7V when firing, that's 18.5A. Yea, that will drop as the cell discharges more and more but it's still putting a lot of strain on the cell. This shortens its life a lot.

If you use a battery with higher CDR it won't age as quickly since it will be running cooler. Even if the higher CDR battery costs more, the fact that you won't have to replace it as often will save you money in the end.

Not saying you should toss that MXJO in the garbage. :) Just that for your next purchase, consider a higher CDR battery.

mrbanhbao

Nov 21, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    The MXJO might have a 22A CDR (I don't know what temperature they reach at 22A, a big factor in safely rating a battery) but at 0.2 ohms you will be running it very hard. Assuming your battery drops to 3.7V when firing, that's 18.5A. Yea, that will drop as the cell discharges more and more but it's still putting a lot of strain on the cell. This shortens its life a lot.

If you use a battery with higher CDR it won't age as quickly since it will be running cooler. Even if the higher CDR battery costs more, the fact that you won't have to replace it as often will save you money in the end.

Not saying you should toss that MXJO in the garbage. :) Just that for your next purchase, consider a higher CDR battery.

Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind.

mrbanhbao

Nov 21, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    So I have had this tank for about two weeks now and I love it except when I'm vaping with the .2 ohm coil. I'm getting e liquid in my mouth. I tried to slow my drag down and I'm still tasting a sweet taste in my lip and teeth. I'm using ruthless ez duz it juice which I believe is a 90/10 vg/pg mix. But when I'm using my .5 it's fine but it heats up much slower and not as much clouds. Any ideas guys?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread