Some Series 18650 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunG95

Jan 30, 2015
Worcester, UK
I bought my Sigelei 100w Plus a few days back and ordered 2 Sony VTC4's on my same order (I'm confident they're legitimate, I've bought some before) to be able to marry them together and use them with my Sigelei. Upon receiving the batteries, I labelled one A, and one B and put them into my charger at the same time (charger was off, put both in and turned it on), one battery is slightly more charged than the other (it's 2/3 bars, while the other is still 1/3). I'm a bit worried about using married batteries, I understand rotating A and B in my Sigelei and charger but will they be the same charge when they're done? They're new batteries and they both went on at the same time yet one of them is charging a little bit faster.

When both of the batteries are fully charged, will they be safe to use and cycle accordingly? I heard about if one battery has even a tiny bit less, the batteries will take an uneven load and it will make it risky. How do I ensure that these batteries remain married?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What charger are you using?

No two batteries are created absolutely equal. That's why AW made a name for themselves by buying large quantities of Japanese cells (Panasonic?) and individually testing them before using only the top tier cells as AW. Lower tier cells were either discarded or possibly sold to Efest. :pervy:

Insure the batteries remain relatively equal in spec over time by testing them periodically with a voltage meter. Batteries may "age" unequally over time, meaning that their specs (mah and amp ratings) may differ over time. Using batteries in parallel is preferred to using batteries "stacked" or "in series" because they will age more equally. Batteries used in series must be alternated in the order that they are placed in the mod as one battery will likely age more quickly taking more of the load.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread