Anyone own or ever vaped the SMOK TCT pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
So while home sick (yes I was actually sick) today, several reviews sold me on the SMOK TCT pro as THE tank for my IPv4. I was looking for a high watt tank that could also make use of temp control. Didn't want another Atlantis and the Kanger subtank is good but it's just not quite enough for me in temp control mode. Anyone have any experience with the SMOK TCT or VCT pro tanks? Please share!

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I'm using it right now, it's a great tank. I bought some of the kanthal .6 vct pro dual coils for it. The nickel ones are great, I just like using it with all my mods. I heard something about an rba for it, I need to see if that's available actually. I like that is quiet when you're vaping with the airflow open, unlike my subtanks.

Reactions: LevineDelta

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I'm using it right now, it's a great tank. I bought some of the kanthal .6 vct pro dual coils for it. The nickel ones are great, I just like using it with all my mods. I heard something about an rba for it, I need to see if that's available actually. I like that is quiet when you're vaping with the airflow open, unlike my subtanks.
Yeah, unfortunately the RBA for it never came out. I don't think it will either at this point. Seems like Smok is ramping up for their next tank the TFV4, which does have a single coil RBA head, and a dual coil RBA head (looks to be goblin style, super tiny 4 post).

But yeah, for a simple sub ohm clearo, I think these are great, and cheap. I've seen the TCT for like $18 shipped these days.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Yeah, unfortunately the RBA for it never came out. I don't think it will either at this point. Seems like Smok is ramping up for their next tank the TFV4, which does have a single coil RBA head, and a dual coil RBA head (looks to be goblin style, super tiny 4 post).

But yeah, for a simple sub ohm clearo, I think these are great, and cheap. I've seen the TCT for like $18 shipped these days.
That's a bummer, the coils are expensive. They do last a crazy long time though. I get through like 60ml of juice on a coil probably.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
That's a bummer, the coils are expensive. They do last a crazy long time though. I get through like 60ml of juice on a coil probably.
Yeah they do, I ordered a couple of the E2 .02 ohm kanthal coils with my MVP 3.0 Pro to try it out with that mod, and I ran about 90% of a 120ml bottle through the one coil over the last 3 weeks. It was still going strong last night when I decided to put one of the TC coils back in to use with my SX M.

As far as price, I got my last 5 pack of TCT coils from sweet-vapes for ~$15 shipped, not terrible IMO. China vendors have them for around $10-11 a 5 pack, heaven gifts, and 3fvape had them cheap IIRC.

Reactions: StrahmNoMore

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Yeah they do, I ordered a couple of the E2 .02 ohm kanthal coils with my MVP 3.0 Pro to try it out with that mod, and I ran about 90% of a 120ml bottle through the one coil over the last 3 weeks. It was still going strong last night when I decided to put one of the TC coils back in to use with my SX M.

As far as price, I got my last 5 pack of TCT coils from sweet-vapes for ~$15 shipped, not terrible IMO. China vendors have them for around $10-11 a 5 pack, heaven gifts, and 3fvape had them cheap IIRC.
Yeah I paid $15 a pack, you're right not terrible with how good they are. My first one I went through a 30ml and used a new one for my next juice. I cleaned the first one pretty good, I'm gonna use it for my next juice change and see how that goes.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
@ThunderDan
Hey man, do you know what all coils can be used with the tct tank? I know the vct pro .6 and .2, and then obviously the .15 nickel. Is there any others that fit? Curious.
Those are the only ones I know of that fit. I thought the Matrix High Voltage tank ones may fit, since they look almost identical, but they do not.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
So while home sick (yes I was actually sick) today, several reviews sold me on the SMOK TCT pro as THE tank for my IPv4. I was looking for a high watt tank that could also make use of temp control. Didn't want another Atlantis and the Kanger subtank is good but it's just not quite enough for me in temp control mode. Anyone have any experience with the SMOK TCT or VCT pro tanks? Please share!

I have one on my IPV4.

Its a solid tank. Very reliable. Not enough airflow for it to be my "forever" tank.

Sigelei Elite is my go too TC tank. Ugly squat little fluffer but MASSIVE airflow and FANTASTIC flavor. Very thirsty. All that flavor ain't coming from pixie dust.

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Nice! Well flash forward a little over a month and I love the TCT pro. It's probably my favorite subtank. Really I have not had better flavor. I mainly use it in temp control with the .15 nickel coils (sweet-vapes.com) on the IPV4, but I found a VCT for less than $20 shipped so I decided to get one. @DanJiblets how are those .6 coils? I have a few of the .2's I was gonna use with it. What kind of wattage do you give those .6's? I didn't realize that Sigelei Elite had nickel coils for it? I've been thinking of looking into the Sigelei 75 watt temp control mod but I'm holding out for the DNA 200.

Reactions: DanJiblets

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Glad to hear you're liking it. Yeah, that Sig 75W looks nice, I cancelled my ipv4 pre-order way back when, and switched it to a sig 75W.

Yes, the Sigelei Elite actually comes with one of the ni200 coils, as well as two kanthal coils in most of the retail packaging I've seen.

I think there is an Elite tank II out now, because ya know, it had been like a month since they dropped the first one.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Nice! Well flash forward a little over a month and I love the TCT pro. It's probably my favorite subtank. Really I have not had better flavor. I mainly use it in temp control with the .15 nickel coils (sweet-vapes.com) on the IPV4, but I found a VCT for less than $20 shipped so I decided to get one. @DanJiblets how are those .6 coils? I have a few of the .2's I was gonna use with it. What kind of wattage do you give those .6's? I didn't realize that Sigelei Elite had nickel coils for it? I've been thinking of looking into the Sigelei 75 watt temp control mod but I'm holding out for the DNA 200.
I think it recommends 30-80. I like it right around 35 watts though personally, otherwise it's too hot. Huge clouds even at 30 watts and I don't even try lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread