Need help with picking a new setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinpb

Dec 7, 2014
New Jersey
I am in the market for a new setup and want to Upgrade to a regulated mod with a subtank or RTA(are they the same thing?) I have only mechanical and hybrid mods with drippers. I really don't know what's good or bad in the world of box mods or tanks since I don't have them. I'm not too sure how the chips work in the mods and how they are different. I usually vape around 0.4 to 0.6 ohms on my Mutation xv3. I typically by 70/30 or 80/20 vg/pg juice. And I'm into flavor more than clouds (even though they are cool too) . Temperature control isn't too important, but I may use it in the future if I have the option. Also I'm not too sure about rebuilding tanks is it the same as a RDA? Or is it better to buy the coils for it?
I have a few ideas based on some research and reviews I've seen.

Box Mods:
IPV 3, 3Li, 4 (I don't know which would be best and I know the 3Li and 4 are new and may have issues)
Sigelei 150 or other model? (only problem I've heard is with the button)
Smok M80Pro (couple friends have it and love it)
Tesla 150w
Vaporshark rDNA40
Lotus LE80

Tanks:
Subtank nano, mini, or pro?
Herakles
Smoke TCT or VCT Pro (matrix?)
Aspire Atlantis V1 or V2
New Sigelei tank?
Goliath
Zephyrus by Youde
Smok TFV4

I listed alot cuz I really don't know what's good.
What do you guys recommend that would be good for my style of vaping? Is there any mod/tank combo that is best or work well together? I'm also up for any other suggestions. My price range for the whole thing is about $100 to $150. Thanks guys!

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
So far only used a sigelei 100w mod ( for one being closest to the ones you mention) and that was good.
Read mostly good things about ipv and mvp mods.
Mvp pro 3.0 is new and seems to read ok.
For temp mods it does seem the sx mini m class gets the most thumbs up.
I've gone into bottom fed rda's now but my subtank mini was good and if I was buying tanks I would consider the goliath v2 and the zephyrus tank.
Some info from people who have used more of your choices would be more helpful.

austinpb

Dec 7, 2014
New Jersey
So far only used a sigelei 100w mod ( for one being closest to the ones you mention) and that was good.
Read mostly good things about ipv and mvp mods.
Mvp pro 3.0 is new and seems to read ok.
For temp mods it does seem the sx mini m class gets the most thumbs up.
I've gone into bottom fed rda's now but my subtank mini was good and if I was buying tanks I would consider the goliath v2 and the zephyrus tank.
Some info from people who have used more of your choices would be more helpful.
Yea I have been hearing good things about the zephyrus. Thanks for your input!

austinpb

Dec 7, 2014
New Jersey
Its easy spending someone elses money. :D Try an evic-vt kit with the tank. Cant go wrong and you can play with tc later on if you want to. Alwo look into the freemax starre pro tank. What kind of wattage do you want and what size battery? Do you want to use your batteries?
I'll check that kit out. And I would rather use my batteries cuz I have 3 vtc4s and 2 Samsung 25rs. As for wattage I'm not sure what I'm going to like. It seems there is a different sweet spot for each coil/person so I'd like room to play around with

austinpb

Dec 7, 2014
New Jersey
if you don't mind a bigger size, the Sigeli 150 and Subtank Plus are awesome...you can use stock coils or the rba. decent flavor, not as good as my drippers, but it's alright.
Yea I've been getting the Sigelei recommended alot and I hear great things about it. Just seems a little big, I haven't held it so I don't know what it's like

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I love my zephyrus so I second that recommendation. I have considered the ipv3li myself, saw somewhere on here a coupon code made it 89 bucks. Reviews for the li seem good and will be upgradeable to 200 watts and ti compatibility. And yeah doubt I'd ever need or want 200 watts but I look at it as future proofing, never used to think I'd go over 50 watts lol. Anyway I have a standard ipv 3 and have had no issues at all. Either way gl and vape on.
Edit, 85.95 for li here. IPV3 Li box mod 165 to 200 watt

Last edited:

austinpb

Dec 7, 2014
New Jersey
I love my zephyrus so I second that recommendation. I have considered the ipv3li myself, saw somewhere on here a coupon code made it 89 bucks. Reviews for the li seem good and will be upgradeable to 200 watts and ti compatibility. And yeah doubt I'd ever need or want 200 watts but I look at it as future proofing, never used to think I'd go over 50 watts lol. Anyway I have a standard ipv 3 and have had no issues at all. Either way gl and vape on.
Edit, 85.95 for li here. IPV3 Li box mod 165 to 200 watt
Yea I hear ya. I'm narrowing my options down and thinking of the Sigelei 150 cuz you can get it for $60 on wake and vape. As for the tank I'm thinking herakles or Zepheryus cuz you have the Rebuildable option as well as premade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread