Getting back into vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Horton

Sep 3, 2019
I bought a juul but going to buy the refillable pods for it and buy nic salt juice.

My last smoke was at 11am today EST. How long is the withdrawl from normal cigarettes last don't really want to smoke anymore cant handle it. Plus tried every other method to quit.

Any suggestions? I have nic hit spray 1mg. I can spray for major cravings if I can do that too. But could I use that?

Ive been avoiding coffee and pop so I don't get major cravings also.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It is suggested iirc that using multiple nicotine replacement types can cause accidental overdoses. Luckily there are many warning signs before things actually get dangerous.
1. Drooling
2. Unsteadiness
3. Nausea
If you get any of these (drooling usually happens first) you may have too much nicotine in your system.

The ideal situation is to keep your blood nicotine level about the same as you detox off cigarettes. There are multiple psychological and physical addictive triggers for smoking, and getting past them can be highly personal. Some of them actually have nothing to do with nicotine itself. One of the more common is throat hit. Some people get satisfaction from very low nic replacement with very high throat hit. Some are the exact opposite with throat hit. They need very low throat hit to avoid coughing. It varies from person to person.

Here’s some basic questions that may help you figure out what you can do to be successful.

How many cigarettes did you smoke a day?
Figuring this out can determine how to go about replacing nicotine at the correct blood level.

What was the physical experience of smoking a cigarette that you remember being satisfying?
Replicating that may or may not require a different setup than the one you have.

Kevin Horton

Sep 3, 2019
It is suggested iirc that using multiple nicotine replacement types can cause accidental overdoses. Luckily there are many warning signs before things actually get dangerous.
1. Drooling
2. Unsteadiness
3. Nausea
If you get any of these (drooling usually happens first) you may have too much nicotine in your system.

The ideal situation is to keep your blood nicotine level about the same as you detox off cigarettes. There are multiple psychological and physical addictive triggers for smoking, and getting past them can be highly personal. Some of them actually have nothing to do with nicotine itself. One of the more common is throat hit. Some people get satisfaction from very low nic replacement with very high throat hit. Some are the exact opposite with throat hit. They need very low throat hit to avoid coughing. It varies from person to person.

Here’s some basic questions that may help you figure out what you can do to be successful.

How many cigarettes did you smoke a day?
Figuring this out can determine how to go about replacing nicotine at the correct blood level.

What was the physical experience of smoking a cigarette that you remember being satisfying?
Replicating that may or may not require a different setup than the one you have.

Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I think we are all different in how long it takes to get through the withdrawals..

some people don't have any withdrawal symptoms when making the switch to vaping and others have the normal symptoms of withdrawals for a couple weeks even with vaping..

For me I went through withdrawals for two weeks before they calmed down enough to relax into vaping. I never dual used or anything, just made a straight switch after a 32 year 2 PAD habit..

But I've heard of others who smoked just as long if not longer than I and have fewer symptoms.. so it's just your body and what it's going to do.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I smoke 25 to 30 a day. I only been smoking that much because ive been stressed for years. 1 more stressful situation and its all over.

I went through 1 juul pod already. Just got it today.

So i guess its the stress relieve part.
JUUL likes to play games with their actual nicotine content. They use a percentage system rather than the much more common and accurate mg/ml. What nic level was the pod? My memory is a juul pod holds 0.6ml

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I smoke 25 to 30 a day. I only been smoking that much because ive been stressed for years. 1 more stressful situation and its all over.

I went through 1 juul pod already. Just got it today.

So i guess its the stress relieve part.
You might want to go to a vape store get salt nic 50mg,,, refill your juul (YouTube),, meantime put some of that nic salt on your inner wrist were the thin skin is (diy patch without the patch)

Ps Ps really shake ejuice,, shake or hate,, nic separates (floats). Meaning everything is great then when you forget to shake you don't get much or way too much nic,,, not a fun rollercoaster

• Informative
Reactions: Diver9543

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
It took my brother a couple of months to stop wanting a cigarette but he did not stop caffiene intake. Good move on your part. There'll be triggers to overcome and habits to break.

Triggers like smelling one a friend just lit or after a tastey meal. Habits like having a cig during the morning constitutional or again, after meals.

I have not stoped smoking completely but vape instead of smoke at various times of the day. I use pods to mimic smoking and for habits like the hand to mouth or just holding something similar to a cigarette between my fingers. One reason why Juuls are so popular is it is not that much different than holding a cigarette.

I found the Vladdin RE is a refillable Juul alternative.

Best regards.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Stick with it Kevin and it will work. I smoked over 40 years and I tried a bunch of different ways to quit.
Vaping had helped me to cut down but I never was able to actually quit.
Juul worked for me. I'm at over a year now without touching a cigarette.
I use a pod a day.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hi Kevin and welcome to ECF. Great advice so far and congratulations on stopping the cigarettes. I wish I could tell you that on the day of my first vape I was able to quit the cigarettes. However, It didn't work out that way. I dual used for maybe a month before I was finally able to quit. This was also my 2nd time at trying vaping. I would suggest that you have two setups for vaping. It is always a good idea to have a backup system in case something happens to your first e-cig. I have heard too many stories about someone being out and about and their battery dies and they are not close to home or don't have a charger for their dead battery. So they stop at the nearest store and buy a pack of cigarettes until they can get home.
Again, welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your journey with vaping.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I will reiterate, everyone will have a different journey. Your body will crave different things from physically holding a cigarette, to the inhalation/exhalation and the throat hit or not, and the importance of multiple backups, and the possibility of dual use. Your body will go through a process of adjustment, both off tobacco and various compounds such as nicotine, but others as well, with varying cravings you may have for them, tar and Ash, that your lungs will be potentially expelling.
Conversely, you will be introducing new compounds, specially, VG and PG. Your my find no noticed effects at all, or possibly irritation from too high a PG ratio.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I bought a juul but going to buy the refillable pods for it and buy nic salt juice.

My last smoke was at 11am today EST. How long is the withdrawl from normal cigarettes last don't really want to smoke anymore cant handle it. Plus tried every other method to quit.

Any suggestions? I have nic hit spray 1mg. I can spray for major cravings if I can do that too. But could I use that?

Ive been avoiding coffee and pop so I don't get major cravings also.

Everyone is Different when it comes to Quitting and Withdrawals.

For me, being a Longtime PAD Smoker, I went thru a Solid 2 ~ 3 Days of just feeling :censored:.

After that, I started to feel Much Better. But the Mental Lingering of how "Just Having One" would be good lasted for about 6 Weeks.

And it is that ONE that always made me Fall.

My Best Advise is to just Concentrate on Today. And to Focus on just getting to Midnight without having a Cigarette. AND... To Get a Backup to your JUUL.

If the ONLY thing keeping you from Smoking right now is that JUUL and a handful of Pods, then you had better have another one you can Pull Out if anything happens to the one in your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread