Need Recommendation - Close to JUUL with less nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

consultant

May 13, 2016
So I'm a social smoker which means like 1-2 packs a month of Marlboro Lights, smoking maybe 7 or 8 cigs in a weekend and then might not smoke for the next two weeks. I'm middle age now and smoke some weed

(OTHER STUFF) occasionally too and don't like the idea anymore of inhaling smoke plus never liked the burnt after taste of smoking.

So a couple years ago I bout a V2 Pro. When I was young I had moderate Asthma and grew out of it but quickly discovered the PG gives me a bit of Asthma! Was fine with anything 2/3 VG or more. In the end I abandoned the V2 as it just didn't give me that smoking satisfaction the Marlboro lights did, mostly that immediate, noticeable rush. (Think I tried two different strengths). Didn't like messing with the ejuice refilling either but I can get used to that.

So I want to five vaping another shot. Read about the JUUL and that sounds like it might be the ticket. However, a pack of Marlboro Lights is like 16mg total nicotine and a JUUL is 50mg I believe. Holy crap, I could see myself easily getting addicted at those levels!

I read about the ZIIP pods for the JUUL with lower nicotine but reviews are mixed saying they give a burnt taste and can leak. Made in China.

So it seems to me there is a conundrum with vaping in that to get that cigarette rush type experience you need to go with the juice that is the salt based nicotine, but it appears you need to take in a lot more total nicotine compared to a pack of cigarettes, over the course of say 200 puffs.

Is there anything out there that comes close to the JUUL to give that immediate rush, isn't 33% or more PG based liquid, and is more like a 2-3% liquid rather than a 6% like the JUUL? Looking for a happy medium.

I'm also not looking to get some big, fancy, expensive contraption. I prefer the small units closer to the size of an actual cigarette. Maybe a V2 (non Pro) or a Halo G6. Something easily obtained (along with liquid) in stores in major cities. I just looked at the Halo site and it appears they have salt based liquid. Is everyone then catching up/jumping on the salt bandwagon due to the success of JUUL? So maybe I need to look close at salt based juice options in the other e-sig platforms? Which ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I hate to be that guy, but we dont talk about (OTHER STUFF) or any other illegal substances in this forum. But, better me remind you of the forum rules that having an admin do this. And if you havent read the forum rules, i would politely suggest that you do so.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I hate to be that guy, but we dont talk about (OTHER STUFF) or any other illegal substances in this forum. But, better me remind you of the forum rules that having an admin do this. And if you havent read the forum rules, i would politely suggest that you do so.
Where do you see any of that in this thread?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I haven't tried them and they aren't real cheap but there are refillable pods for JUUL. You can then get some salt nicotine in lower amount of nic. Most of the pods are designed to use high PG juices so you might want to look at something other than a pod system.

Blankz! 4 Pack Refillable Pods - for JUUL

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
A couple observations... July has helped go nic because you get so little vapor per puff, lower nic devices work because there’s more vapor.

The higher the ohms, the lower the watts, the more pg or other thinning/diluting the coil will need, generally speaking.

It seems to me that Julie and similar pods are meant to assist serious smokers ( pad?) to quit, but I can’t see why it wouldn’t be a reasonable replacement for your very light, off and on habit.

Also, there are plenty of pods, but I doubt there’s all that big a difference between them. There are also plenty of simple, smaller kits that might work for you and you may want to look in the mods forum at the itty bitty under $100 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread