Fast tech vs sourcemore

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Fasttech for me.
Sourcemore kept killing my orders after payment. I did get my monies back.

Fasttech I have used for the last 6 years, I always order at least $20 of stuff, every month.

Some I get in a week, 3 months was the longest on a lost shipment (magnets, package is probably still on the roof of the connex box they were in. LOL

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have never used sourcemore but I have used CVapor, which is the same company.

Cvapor, and I assume Sourcemore, uses a shipping agent called WanbExpress and their tracking is only good up to the airport lol. From there, no tracking to you door.

However, that package is addressed to another shipping agent in the US who gets notified of the shipment and prints a USPS label within days waiting for the package to come. Once the package arrives, they put that USPS shipping label on the package and it gets delivered to you by USPS.

After you place your order and you get the WanbExpress tracking #, you can email them a few days later to request the USPS tracking #. But it won't show as valid until it actually is received by the US agent, scanned and is in the hands of USPS.

WHAT.A.HASSLE if, like me, you must know when a package is supposed to arrive.

Cigabuy & 3FVape also use Wanb.

Pretty much any vendor that uses "USA Special Line" or similar to describe their US shipping service, instead of "e-packet", is probably using Wanb. You'd know if they are using Wanb because the tracking # starts with WANB. You have to track it using a 3rd party site like 17track.net, not USPS.

I like fasttech better for this reason as their tracking #s are good from their agent to your door. Plus their shipping is cheaper. But their prices are much higher on mods and tanks.

At any rate, they are all the same in the end. You just have to shop around. FT is extremely high for pretty much everything anymore. I use them mainly as a vape parts store and coils. they used to be a great place to buy all vape gear and especially clones, but no more.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Only difference I notice for sure is that Wanb (thanks, I can never remember the name of it, and there are a few other private shippers) ships to their "own" warehouse in LA and clears customs at that site. USPS ePacket can come in through several "ports" depending where in the US you're located. I'm in NYC, so most of the time it's JFK airport in NYC (then goes to CT to NJ then back to NY, who knows why), but the last two went through Miami. Delivery to LA results in an extra 1 or 2 shipping days to the East Coast, so less of an issue if you're in the West.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    Honestly, anything from China is luck of the draw and I think all comes down to timing. I have ordered a ton from both companies and sometimes it gets here in 10 days (if I am really lucky) and other times it has taken up to 4-5 weeks. A lot of the delay seems to be from getting hung up at customs which could be a couple days to a few weeks. I have had issues with fasttech on several orders over the past few months that did not say the item was out of stock, but after I placed the order it would show on some items things like "ETA 5 days" with the "MM/DD/YY", which would hold up the shipment. I have also had the tracking on some orders stop once it hits the US for fasttech (not just sourcemore as mentioned above)... and USPS tracking did not take over, then one day it just shows up in your mailbox. Usually though, it is worth the wait due to the savings. Vaporl is a different story, most times I can never seem to track their shipments at all with the tracking numbers given and things sometimes have taken a week or two before the shipment is even started, plus on a few items that showed inventory I had to wait weeks for them to re-stock.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    It depends on the shipping method I think? IDK also promotions and stuff. I don't know that one necessarily comes faster than another. I will say, it annoys me to pay like 5 bucks for shipping that I know an item may take a month, but there are times the promotional price makes up for it. IDK. Both have pluses and minuses I guess.

Anna

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Replied to this thread earlier but isn't showing. It's about the same turn around for me. Fulfillment is faster at FT but seems to sit on the dock longer. Just the opposite with sourcemore.
    There are two threads currently running ;)

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread