Topside wattage going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
I caMe home from work and seen my topside single was lit up on my dresser.I hadn’t used it in a couple days so I picked it up only to see that the wattage is going down non stop and won’t fire and it’s as if the wattage down button is stuck. It’s not though. I can’t find anything small enough to take the panel off so I pretty mad. Only
I’ve had Mabye 40 refills with this mod and never been dropped . Just use it on the weekends when I drive mainly that’s it . This is why I hate regulated mods. Anyone else have this problem? I don’t know why it doesn’t even come with a Alan key to
Take it apart.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
It doesn't have anything to do with it being a ' regulated mod '.
It is a poorly designed device assembled with low quality components with very little if any QC with well known issues of internally leaking squonk tube connections.
This causes liquid to gunk up the buttons, coat the board sometimes mess up the display screen.

Some have luck disassembling & cleaning with an aerosol electronics contact cleaner, then repairing the leaky squonk tube connections.

Mine came with a really stiff squonk bottle, every time I mashed the bottle about half squirted inside.
It didn't last as long as yours did.
I gave it to a young lady that cleaned it up, replaced tube & bottle seemed to function okay afterwards.

Last edited:

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
It doesn't have anything to do with it being a ' regulated mod '.
It is a poorly designed device assembled with low quality components with very little if any QC with well known issues of internally leaking squonk tube connections.
This causes liquid to gunk up the buttons, coat the board sometimes mess up the display screen.

Some have luck disassembling & cleaning with an aerosol electronics contact cleaner, then repairing the leaky squonk tube connections.

Mine came with a really stiff squonk bottle, every time I mashed the bottle about half squirted inside.
It didn't last as long as yours did.
I gave it to a young lady that cleaned it up, replaced tube & bottle seemed to function okay afterwards.
Oh really mmmh I just got it because so many people on here talked highly of it . I liked the stuff bottle at first but then recently it got really soft and not much juice would leave the bottle anymore. Didn’t seem to be leaking anywhere I could see but it must’ve been leaking somewhere because now this happens. The juice just seemed to be staying in the bottle for the most part and only a tiny bit would go into the RDA after squeezing a few times.

Paid a good 100 bucks for it too.

I just like mechs because there’s not as much to fail. I’ve had good luck with the regulated dirt proof water proof shock proof mods. But this is one of my first mods that isn’t as tough so I didn’t use it much considering I work construction and am always working.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I just like mechs because there’s not as much to fail
I don't mean to rub salt in your wounds, but anything and everything can fail. The amount you pay for a device is (unfortunately) also no guarantee of quality or longevity.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don’t know why it doesn’t even come with a Alan key to Take it apart.

Sorry you got a bad unit, but when was the last time you bought a product that came with the tools to take that product apart?

Allen key sets are cheap. If you have a Harbor Freight store in your area, check there. However, I have noticed that Lowes and Home Depot have been selling comparably priced tools for the last couple years to compete with Harbor Freight so you may even find inexpensive sets at those stores, too. Buy a set, don't abuse them or lose them, and you'll never have to buy a set again.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I got a torx 6 from someone at my work and it came apart I cleaned it and it works again. Juice was all inside it .

I’ll just have to buy a kit like my friend had he says you can get a good one for 50 bucks with all the tiny heads you need.

Good to see you fixed it.

As far as small electronics tool kits, I have the Jakemy JM-8139 ($23) and the Jakemy JM-8130 ($11) and I love them both. I bought both of mine from Fasttech a few years ago.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    More support for my theory that complaining can bring solutions EQUALLY as valid as acceptance. Some people woulda been eh, "Such is life" but you got lots of information and you fixed it.

Not everyone is a fan of my theory but I am of the belief at least SOME VOCAL complaining should occur prior to acceptance although I suppose if a question or two is thrown in during the process too.

Acceptance may be key, but it is not an Allen key.

Anna

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Ricky Vapes, I'm late to the party but glad to hear that your issue was caused by a leak.

But I hope you're going to retrofit the tube, retaining clamps and a 2.5mm ID × 1mm thick 70+ shore hardness o ring to place in the bottom of the 510 connector.

As that will take care of most, if not all future leaking.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I picked up a very nice 64 bit set for $29.99 that has almost everything needed for small electronics.

View attachment 886891
    [/ATTACH]
    20200523_102954.jpg

Attachments

• 20200523_103315.jpg
      20200523_103315.jpg
      207.8 KB · Views: 3
    Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yeah I don't buy that kind of stuff. I can't. I am sure it is useful and etc. but I would lose half of those bits in a week. I mean.... they would still be in the house somewhere but for something of that size a "house" is a fairly large search area.

I'm glad you problem is fixed @Ricky Vapes ! :) We don't want the bunnies to have to see you in a bad mood....

Anna

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    As said there have been folks that had some issues with some of the Topsides... but also many folks (including me) who had no issues at all with them back when I used them.

I bought 3 when they first came out and ran color matching Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's on them.

Topside squonker from Dovpo

Topside squonker from Dovpo

Reactions: puffon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread