Washed the coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuataraVaper

Jul 6, 2021
Hey guys I’ve been enjoying vaping for a few months now and I’m loving it.
I’ve learnt how to fix some leaks and backspits so I am happy with that .
But I have washed one of my coil cleaning it under tap water and left it to air out for a week cuz I used another coil at this time.

I’m not getting much juice and the cotton in the coil is quite hard. So I’m sucking mostly Heat vape
But it’s not terrible or anything?

What should I do ?

Kind regards

Reactions: Z-Lee

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Washing coils always leaves them less than original, but water alone won't clean out enough gunk to clear the cotton. That coil is probably not worth salvaging at this point, but I'd recommend alcohol for cleaning attempts going forward. Some use Everclear for it's purity but I have found cheap vodka to work pretty well. Even cleaned well, you will only get a little more life from them in my experience. Good luck!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
But I have washed one of my coil cleaning it under tap water and left it to air out for a week cuz I used another coil at this time.

I’m not getting much juice and the cotton in the coil is quite hard. So I’m sucking mostly Heat vape

What should I do ?

Kind regards

When you Wash/Dry a Coil Head, it can leave the Cotton matted so it Doesn't wick all that great. Sometimes you can Fix it by Very Gently trying to Fluff Up the Cotton with a Pin or Sewing Needle.

It Doesn't always work. But it can Help to get a Few more miles out of a Coil Head.

Have you thought about maybe Trying a RTA and building your own coils?

TuataraVaper

Jul 6, 2021
When you Wash/Dry a Coil Head, it can leave the Cotton matted so it Doesn't wick all that great. Sometimes you can Fix it by Very Gently trying to Fluff Up the Cotton with a Pin or Sewing Needle.

It Doesn't always work. But it can Help to get a Few more miles out of a Coil Head.

Have you thought about maybe Trying a RTA and building your own coils?
Hi there sorry for the late reply. I dont think I am that tech Savy with the Vaping gurus, like you guys hehe. But I might just go and buy a new coil for my GeekVape Aegis just to save me some. Havent gone that far with learning RTA and stuff etc :) Thanks though

TuataraVaper

Jul 6, 2021
Washing coils always leaves them less than original, but water alone won't clean out enough gunk to clear the cotton. That coil is probably not worth salvaging at this point, but I'd recommend alcohol for cleaning attempts going forward. Some use Everclear for it's purity but I have found cheap vodka to work pretty well. Even cleaned well, you will only get a little more life from them in my experience. Good luck!
Yeah I will try Alchahol next time its just I saw on youtube some guy washed it under water but in my opinion I think it heats the cotton more faster that way. Will just soak in alchahol next time. Cheers for that

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest

What should I do ?

Kind regards
    Which tank/coils are you using? You mentioned the GeekVape Aegis, but that leaves several options for tanks if you bought a kit. Aero Mesh? Cerberbus? Alpha? Zeus? Z 2021? As others have mentioned, drying out the cotton will allow it to shrink meaning it won't transfer juice as well as it originally did. You might be able to squeeze out a tad bit of life from it, but it's likely not going to be nearly as pleasant. Most people do not bother as it's not worth the trouble, but if you find it to be - kudos for trying to be efficient.

TuataraVaper

Jul 6, 2021
    Which tank/coils are you using? You mentioned the GeekVape Aegis, but that leaves several options for tanks if you bought a kit. Aero Mesh? Cerberbus? Alpha? Zeus? Z 2021? As others have mentioned, drying out the cotton will allow it to shrink meaning it won't transfer juice as well as it originally did. You might be able to squeeze out a tad bit of life from it, but it's likely not going to be nearly as pleasant. Most people do not bother as it's not worth the trouble, but if you find it to be - kudos for trying to be efficient.

Hey Z Lee. Yeah its the Zues tank its amazing vape aswell. I think I will buy a new coil cuz I thouroughly washed them with water and for the first few puffs i get flavour because i Soak it from the start but then dries out like water vapour. If you know what I mean. Yeah sounds easier to just buy a new one.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Hey Z Lee. Yeah its the Zues tank its amazing vape aswell. I think I will buy a new coil cuz I thouroughly washed them with water and for the first few puffs i get flavour because i Soak it from the start but then dries out like water vapour. If you know what I mean. Yeah sounds easier to just buy a new one.
    There's a pretty good deal for some aftermarket coils that have good reviews if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for them. At FastTech, the S&H is included in the price, so these are actually super cheap. PM me if you decide to order from them, as their ordering system is kind of tricky until you get the hang of it.
    $9.00 5PCS Authentic Vapesoon Replacement Mesh Z1 Coil Head for GeekVape Zeus 5-pack - 0.4ohm(60-70W) at FastTech - Free Shipping

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hi there sorry for the late reply. I dont think I am that tech Savy with the Vaping gurus, like you guys hehe. But I might just go and buy a new coil for my GeekVape Aegis just to save me some. Havent gone that far with learning RTA and stuff etc :) Thanks though

Building your own Coils really Isn't that hard. Something you can do with the Help of a Few YouTube Videos in an Afternoon.

Some Tanks that use Coil-Heads also can use an "RBA". Which screws into the Tank just like a Coil-Head. But you put your own Coil into the RBA.

That way you can try your hand at Coil Building. But can always fall back to using Coil-Heads if you want to.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    When I used Coil-Heads, I always kept a Handful of washed Coil-Head in Altoids Tin as an Emergency Backup.

Like when your USPS Order that is supposed to go to Southern California goes to East Overshoe Wisconsin instead.

Or when my Last 5 Pack turns out was made on a Friday after the crew got back from Happy Hour.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    When I used Coil-Heads, I always kept a Handful of washed Coil-Head in Altoids Tin as an Emergency Backup.

Like when your USPS Order that is supposed to go to Southern California goes to East Overshoe Wisconsin instead.

Or when my Last 5 Pack turns out was made on a Friday after the crew got back from Happy Hour.
    I think the very last "coil" I ever tried washing was a carto back in 2011 or so... it was a bad idea even then ...ew :lol:

• Agree
    Reactions: Kai'ckul

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I think the very last "coil" I ever tried washing was a carto back in 2011 or so... it was a bad idea even then ...ew :lol:

I used to have a Fan that had the Perfect Grille for wedging Cartos into it to Dry them.

Man... That was a LONG Time Ago. Crazy the things we used to do back in the Beginning.

LOL

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia

I remember Phil Busardo making a video back in about 2012 about cleaning cartos. Somehow he was using a turkey baster. :w00t: Bottom line, he decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread