Adding nic to 0mg juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoey1979

Jun 25, 2017
Hi all
Although there's a similar thread on the go right now re adding nic to 0mg juice not really answering my query exactly
I'm using an ejuice calc to work out my quants - when i add nic as opposed to buying from u.s. premixed (to 6mg) I'm finding that I'm getting an indigestion feeling in the back of my throat. ..ie not a throat hit as such. Feels almost like a nic overload?????
Please can someone help me out with
1. Are my quantities below correct or am i overlooking something?
2. If correct, can anyone suggest why im getting this overload feeling with semi diy juice vs imported juice with 6mg nic in already?

19ml of 0mg juice 60pg/40vg (doubler)
1.75 ml of 100mg 100%pg nic
9ml of 100% vg
=
29.75ml of 5.88mg nic - 44pg/56vg

Ps. Only mixed this small quantity incase i buggered it up :(

Yoey1979

Jun 25, 2017
30 ml bottle of 6mg nic would have 180 mg total nic.

Your mix has 175 mg total nic

So very close to 6mg
Ok....soooo 6mg per ml ...6 x 30 =180mg total. So my calcs for a 6mg juice were close then. Thanks....still curious why this juice is making me feel ....e when other imported juices at 6mg i can vape all day long with no dramas. Perhaps ill try a lower dosage of the nic to see if this helps. Still a mystery...o_O

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Ok....soooo 6mg per ml ...6 x 30 =180mg total. So my calcs for a 6mg juice were close then. Thanks....still curious why this juice is making me feel ....e when other imported juices at 6mg i can vape all day long with no dramas. Perhaps ill try a lower dosage of the nic to see if this helps. Still a mystery...o_O

Maybe the flavorings or the PG....PG will give throat hit too

Reactions: Yoey1979

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
Your calculation is right (5.88 mg). You should believe it. You should try to reduce the nicotine strength, Mix your juice with VG, it will reduce the throat hit.
I never believe the nicotine strength of commercial juice. Some of my Malaysia juice have incorrect information about nicotine strength (3mg but I had no throat hit).

Reactions: Yoey1979

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Nicotine bases from various campanies often have a varying amount of "pepperyness" to them. Some have virtually none at all. Some have just a slight amount, but you can still tell it's there. Still others have a higher amount of pepperyness to them that's very easy to detect.

The maker of your eliquid at 6mg that doesn't give you "that" feeling in your throat...may use 1 of the nic bases that has no pepperyness, or only the very slight amount. The nic base YOU bought, may be the 3rd type, with the higher amount of it.

Yoey1979

Jun 25, 2017
Nicotine bases from various campanies often have a varying amount of "pepperyness" to them. Some have virtually none at all. Some have just a slight amount, but you can still tell it's there. Still others have a higher amount of pepperyness to them that's very easy to detect.

The maker of your eliquid at 6mg that doesn't give you "that" feeling in your throat...may use 1 of the nic bases that has no pepperyness, or only the very slight amount. The nic base YOU bought, may be the 3rd type, with the higher amount of it.
Ok good info thanks JC.
That said, if anyone could recommend a nic they've had no issues with incase it comes to that ... ill just turf it...will try bringing pg % down first.

Yoey1979

Jun 25, 2017
Either that or some might give you a little more nic or a little less nic. I've gotten bottles of 10 mg that felt like 14-16mg not the throat hit but the nic hiccups and slight nicotine buzz told me something was off.
Yep this is kinda what i was describing... big difference between a nice throat hit and that sickly feeling. Definitely will drop nic mg. Flavor was definitely effected adversely too ... could be all of the above issues with the nic o_O

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I noticed, from your other threads (your Newb thread, and the other nicotine discussion), that it sounds like you are also using some new hardware. Higher powered, lower resistance (and 0.16 ohm IS low;)), DtL rigs are going to deliver higher amounts of nicotine compared to entry level MtL rigs like cig-a-likes, and cartos. This is why cloud chasers will often vape 3mg/mL and lower; so they don't make themselves nic sick. You might try lowering your power setting, or remixing at a lower nic level, to get a more satisfactory vape.:)

To me, it sounds like you are introducing not one, but three changes, all at once: new power supply (capable of much higher output), new atty (capable of greater airflow, and much lower resistance), AND new (DIY) e-liquid. That is going to make acurate evaluation (and isolation/identification) more difficult. Just make sure you are looking at the whole picture, and not only one part, when trying to figure out what the problem is.:D

Reactions: JCinFLA

Yoey1979

Jun 25, 2017
I noticed, from your other threads (your Newb thread, and the other nicotine discussion), that it sounds like you are also using some new hardware. Higher powered, lower resistance (and 0.16 ohm IS low;)), DtL rigs are going to deliver higher amounts of nicotine compared to entry level MtL rigs like cig-a-likes, and cartos. This is why cloud chasers will often vape 3mg/mL and lower; so they don't make themselves nic sick. You might try lowering your power setting, or remixing at a lower nic level, to get a more satisfactory vape.:)

To me, it sounds like you are introducing not one, but three changes, all at once: new power supply (capable of much higher output), new atty (capable of greater airflow, and much lower resistance), AND new (DIY) e-liquid. That is going to make acurate evaluation (and isolation/identification) more difficult. Just make sure you are looking at the whole picture, and not only one part, when trying to figure out what the problem is.:D
Thanks for the info Joel
Good suggestions mate. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread