Alice in Vapeland, Thoughts from any current vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
My favorite is Lavender Ever After (tastes kind of like Lavender ice cream/tea... not at ALL potpourri-like) Cherry Blossom (tastes just like the tea, sweet but not overly so), April Moon (blueberries, cream and apricots), Twas brillig (blackberry crumble) and Mangrila (mango and sticky rice) are all awesome. There are only a couple I didn't care for and they weren't horrible. Just not my thing.
The presentation and thought involved can't be replicated. They are the ONLY vendor I buy juice from anymore as I mainly DIY. (I am cheap) However, I feel like they are worth it because they are unique.
A good flavor I just recently tried is Golden Afternoon. It's an almond cookie flavor. It's good but VERY sweet. A little too sweet but nice every now and then. (still have a sampler pack and the Oddity sample pack to go through...)

RAAng

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
PA
Alice is one of my two main vapes, Vapor Chef being the other one. I get extra flavor and steep for months. The steeping time is a bit if a pain, but I think it's worth it. My faves are Cherry Blossom, Mystic Mandalime, Lemon Loves Cake, April Moon and Bombana. I have not tried them all, but plan to. The only flavors I have tried that I dislike are White Rabbit and Quiet Morning. Those are perfectly good juices, but I just don't happen to like them. I've never had a juice from Alice that I didn't at least respect, even if it wasn't my personal fave, which is more than I can say for a lot of other juice vendors that are supposed to be good!

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
good but nowhere near worth the $19.25/30ml asking price

The price is high... Compared to good "run of the mill" online suppliers. (Like Mt Baker and Vape Wild) But my local b&m shops sell all their juice at ~$15 for a 30ml bottle so if I compare to them the cost is worth the difference in quality. If I couldn't buy from more economical online sources and only had the options of b&m or AiV I would vape nothing but AiV. So YMMV but to me AiV is worth price of admission.

I haven't tried them all yet, but I think they are so complex and yummy. Also, because they are not strongly flavored, I'm getting "vaper's tongue" less and less since I started with their juices. Also I steep them for a few days and let them "breathe" more than I would other juices.

Delicate Flavors:

Twas Brillig-- blackberry crumble, mixes well with my favorite tobacco flavors. amazing balance of tart and sweet.
April Moon-- fruity but not GROSS fruity, very light and nice
11th Rose-- kinda medium sweet and smells soooo heavenly

Sweet Flavors:

Hot Waflle-- I am drooling just thinking about the maple-y goodness
Golden Afternoon-- that unmistakable melted sugar flavor that comes with a baked cookie

Ones I didn't like so much:
White Rabbit-- lovely at first but so delicate I stopped tasting it very quickly
15 Foot Falls-- can't explain, just doesn't do anything for me
Lemon Loves Cake-- too tart for me, I honestly winced!
Duchess de Leche-- yummy but the coffee flavors kill my throat

Cam775

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Nevada
Do you have to steep both for months or just AIV? I tried an AIV sampler 4/5 months ago and I haven't tried it again since the FOOB is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (maybe not THAT bad, but close). Vapor Chef is also on my "to try list" so wondering if the steep time is the same?

Last edited:

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
All the AIV flavors are vapable to me within a month. Some are good sooner but as a general rule of thumb, I give juice a month to steep before passing final judgment. lol. Vapor Chef, at least their 50/50 which I cannot vape due to my PG sensitivity, have less of a steep time but I'm guessing it's because of the flavorings they use and the 50/50. AIV uses more VG than PG. They won't disclose how much exactly but they've admitted that. (and it varies from flavor to flavor, they are proprietary) Also keep in mind that AIV is not meant to be dripped. They are best in tanks at lower temps. (not for subohming) They have a FAQ section on their website that better explains it.

Reactions: GemInEye

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
Do you have to steep both for months or just AIV? I tried an AIV sampler 4/5 months ago and I haven't tried it again since the FOOB is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (maybe not THAT bad, but close). Vapor Chef is also on my "to try list" so wondering if the steep time is the same?

I know this was directed at another poster, but I am going to give you my two cents since I vape both AiV and Vapor Chef. First AiV... I find most of the line enjoyably vapable FOOB. Of course some of the line grow and mature with a good steep but nobody else but you will be able to decide what suits you best. I will use White Rabbit as an example. I have seen many people that want to steep this for a week or more to bring out all the nuances, however I am in the group that loves how this comes FOOB and I personally feel the pineapple part of the juice starts to take over after about a month or so (if it lasts that long). So you and only you can decide what suits your tastes. The same goes for Vapor Chef. I love the fresh taste on some of the line but then there are some (like Colberts Wonderful Nuts) that in my opinion need a long steep time. Again, I have heard others say they like it fresh.

I enjoy Fluffy Cake, Beeblebrox, Deep Thought, Southern Hospitality (wonderful FOOB peach), and Colberts Wonderful Nuts. I enjoy most of the AiV line so listing all my favs would take too long, hehehehe.

I am now wondering what samples you found so offensive from AiV, but I guess it doesn't really matter because that is what makes vaping so great. There are flavors and juices for all tastes out there.

Last edited:

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
Just ordered April Moon, Zombie Apocalypse, Twas Brillig, Crunkberry and Fifteen Foot Falls.... AIV is more than willing to please. Juice is fantastic.

I've found that all juices are better with steeping, and by all I mean all brands and all flavors. I steep everything.

I wish the orders came quicker, but that's the price you pay with custom nic levels, made to order juices and what I would imagine is still a part time business for them.

At the end of the day I'm always glad when I have some AIV juice on hand and ready to put in a tank.

So far Twas Brillig is my fav.....

Cam775

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Nevada
Also keep in mind that AIV is not meant to be dripped. They are best in tanks at lower temps. (not for subohming) They have a FAQ section on their website that better explains it.

Thanks so much for all the helpful info! I do usually drip new juice to get an idea on if I'll like it better after some steeping. My AIV order was in October/November of last year and I didn't remember seeing anything about no dripping/sub builds so I went back to look again at the site tonight and I'm not seeing anything to that effect, but I'm going to take your word for it and try what I still have left in a tank. I'm glad I went back over to their site as they have some new flavors I haven't tried. I'm always willing to try anything twice :)

Jode said:
I am now wondering what samples you found so offensive from AiV, but I guess it doesn't really matter because that is what makes vaping so great. There are flavors and juices for all tastes out there.

Absolutely agree, in the juice world there is a little something for everyone! I've had a pretty hard time finding juices that I really love (aside from one vendor). I asked about the steeping in hopes that there was something I missed on steep time/process and anyone looking to try AIV would appreciate that info upfront...but alas, it might be just my funky taste buds :/ The pumpkin tumble gave me an oily kinda taste, like car oil smells, lol. I tossed that and one other in the trash, I wish I could remember which other it was but I can't; I do remember that I got a strong country crock or artificial/plastic butter flavor and that was the only flavor I got from it. I have 1/2 a bottle of ZA and Lemon Loves Cake left. I wasn't thrilled with either foob but I saved them to re-try later, hopefully it's not too past later, to try them again.

Anyways, I'm glad I saw this thread...I'll try with AiV again but in a tank and at low heat to see how that changes it up.

Reactions: Ladiekali

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
Thanks so much for all the helpful info! I do usually drip new juice to get an idea on if I'll like it better after some steeping. My AIV order was in October/November of last year and I didn't remember seeing anything about no dripping/sub builds so I went back to look again at the site tonight and I'm not seeing anything to that effect, but I'm going to take your word for it and try what I still have left in a tank. I'm glad I went back over to their site as they have some new flavors I haven't tried. I'm always willing to try anything twice :)

Absolutely agree, in the juice world there is a little something for everyone! I've had a pretty hard time finding juices that I really love (aside from one vendor). I asked about the steeping in hopes that there was something I missed on steep time/process and anyone looking to try AIV would appreciate that info upfront...but alas, it might be just my funky taste buds :/ The pumpkin tumble gave me an oily kinda taste, like car oil smells, lol. I tossed that and one other in the trash, I wish I could remember which other it was but I can't; I do remember that I got a strong country crock or artificial/plastic butter flavor and that was the only flavor I got from it. I have 1/2 a bottle of ZA and Lemon Loves Cake left. I wasn't thrilled with either foob but I saved them to re-try later, hopefully it's not too past later, to try them again.

Anyways, I'm glad I saw this thread...I'll try with AiV again but in a tank and at low heat to see how that changes it up.

I think it's very important to note that you should NEVER throw juice away. There are people here who would gladly purchase the juice you do not like from the classified ad's section of this forum. You will lose a few $$, but you won't be throwing $$ away.

Another option is to just drop it off at your local vape shop for trade or giving to another vaper....

Something to think about.

I ONCE threw away about 350 mls of juice and the next day found out that at least one bottle that I threw out (a 235ml bottle of MBV Peach Tobacco) was my friends favorite juice......

Never throw away juice....

Cam775

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Nevada
I think it's very important to note that you should NEVER throw juice away. There are people here who would gladly purchase the juice you do not like from the classified ad's section of this forum. You will lose a few $$, but you won't be throwing $$ away.

Another option is to just drop it off at your local vape shop for trade or giving to another vaper....

Something to think about.

I ONCE threw away about 350 mls of juice and the next day found out that at least one bottle that I threw out (a 235ml bottle of MBV Peach Tobacco) was my friends favorite juice......

Never throw away juice....

Lol, it's funny you should mention throwing out juice...I was actually checking out the TC and all the swap threads here on ECF a couple days ago when I saw this thread and thought, maybe it's a steeping thing and I should try what's left of my AiV order before sending it off somewhere. I have 30ml bottles of Suicide Bunny, Charlie Noble and on and on. I wouldn't ever toss those without offering them up but when there's 1.5ml or 1ml left in a 3ml AiV sampler??? I guess I could send them along with something else but back in Nov /October I was just focused on NOT smoking. Still a good point though!!

Last edited:

RAAng

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
PA

See, I hated LLC for MONTHS. Almost threw it out thinking there was just no hope. Then I tried it again pre-toss and oh mamma! I loved it. I have no idea how people can like AiV with no or little steeping. It does nothing for me, and then once it gets old enough...pow!

Vapor Chef to me generally doesn't benefit much from steep, although I have had a few that benefit from a couple weeks. With them I usually like it or I don't. Vapor Chef Frosty Strawberry was my first ever vape, straight from the mailbox and I loved it.

RAAng

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
PA
[QUOTE="
I enjoy Fluffy Cake, Beeblebrox, Deep Thought, Southern Hospitality (wonderful FOOB peach), and Colberts Wonderful Nuts. I enjoy most of the AiV line so listing all my favs would take too long, hehehehe.

[/QUOTE]

Taste is so weird. Southern Hospitality tastes like straw to me. Old, new, doesn't matter. It's one of the few Vapor Chefs I just don't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread