Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Yeah, I hear that I do. Question though, is it really that much of a problem for these manufactures to run the parts thru a De-greaser/Sanitation wash after all the machining is done, then thru QC ?

There is no QC at all. Ever. Anywhere in China. They don't care about quality, only quantity and price -- "You want cheap, we make cheap. It break, you buy another." In fact I'm not sure that QC exists anywhere outside a Rolls or BMW factory.

Andria

Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
There is no QC at all. Ever. Anywhere in China. They don't care about quality, only quantity and price -- "You want cheap, we make cheap. It break, you buy another." In fact I'm not sure that QC exists anywhere outside a Rolls or BMW factory.

Andria

Yeah, you're prolly right. I don't know what I was thinking. Someone prolly slipped some Unknown Substance down my drip tip into my tank when I wasn't looking and I started to hallucinate for a brief time when I was posting . Sorry about that Folks. I'll try and straighten up here.

Reactions: AndriaD

colcapp

Jun 25, 2015
I don't know but my coils and wicking on my sub tank mini is grate, no dry hits and it taste like it should. No metallic taste at all and i apply the same concept when making coil and wicking to my other metal atomizers and they taste bad (of course coiling and wicking concepts change from atomizer to atomizer but i see youtube videos of how to build properly every atomizer). I have Squape R, Goblin v2 and infinity kayfun clone. And of course my sub tank mini.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Ultrasonic ftw! What worked great for me was a quick rinse under tap, 15min cycle in water with a squirt of dish soap, quick rinse under tap, 5min cycle with water, 5min cycle in cheap booze. If that doesn't work, most likely coil rubbing.. Reduce the diameter, be careful about the placement.

I'm really paranoid about machine oil in my new atomizer, as I can really taste it. Many are covered in it, especially the Chinese clones.

I also use an ultrasonic cleaner from Harbor Freight with either 91% isopropyl alcohol or water/dish soap. Another alternative is boiling it in water with a TOUCH of dish soap (use too much soap and you'll know it!) for 10 minutes or so; I use a cheap electric kettle for this.

Key cleaning tools: fragrance-free dish soap, a cheap toothbrush, a baby's bottle nipple brush (the small one), and those tiny little green brushes they sell for on-the-go tooth flossing (I think they're made by Gum) which are great for getting into small holes.

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Here's what I do...

1) Full teardown
2) Everything a quick wipe and a rinse under hot tap water
3) Then it gets dunked in a baby food jar (my sister in law has been a good source of those lol) filled with hot water and dish soap. I don't care that it's scented. I run it for 15min
4) Another rinse under hot tap and then a 5min ultrasonic rinse in plain water
5) 5min rinse in cheap booze

I don't bother with brushes and I never had any machine oil taste after following this method.

Reactions: KentA

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I've been using an ultrasound cleaner too with hot water, dish soap & a splash of isopropyl alcohol for the first couple of rounds. Then I rinse in the ultrasound using several tubs of straight hot water.
That ultrasound is also great for easily cleaning drip tips, the atty with coils between wickings, & for brushing my teeth.
It's one of the best little investments a lazy vaper can make.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
ultrasound cleaner too with hot water, dish soap & a splash of isopropyl alcohol

You fill the tank with this, Then put you're face into the tank, Smile, then turn on the switch ? Thats a new wrinkle on Dental Hygiene I guess.

Muru

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I've been using an ultrasound cleaner too with hot water, dish soap & a splash of isopropyl alcohol for the first couple of rounds. Then I rinse in the ultrasound using several tubs of straight hot water.
That ultrasound is also great for easily cleaning drip tips, the atty with coils between wickings, & for brushing my teeth.
It's one of the best little investments a lazy vaper can make.

Ehm, so how do you brush your teeth with the ultrasonic cleaner? :D

Reactions: 52anddone

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Ehm, so how do you brush your teeth with the ultrasonic cleaner? :D
dentures.jpg

dentures ultrasound.jpg

Attachments