Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
I have 2 Cuboid Mini's and each has an Ammit with a clapton coil (26/30) at about .35 ohms each. With a full tank I can adjust the temperature to a warm vape (40w) around 400-450. As the liquid is used up I have to continually increase the temperature to maintain the same warm vape. Once I fill the tanks, now it's too hot and I have to reduce the temperature again. This also happened when I was using Kanger Top Tank mini's. I don't believe it's the build, I think it might be the nature of the Cuboids. The Cuboids often stop vaping and ask me if I am using the same coil or a new coil.

Can anyone tell me what might be going on? Also, if it's the Cuboids, can you recommend a dependable TC mod? I don't need super-high wattage.

Thanks in advance.

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
If you want a great consistent TC mode every time you Vape you must spend the bucks and get a DNA250 mod or at least a YiHi450 chip. The TC modes productivity is all about th chip set in the mod. It's like anything else in life. You get what you pay for. Even a lower DNA chip like 75 would be much much better.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Cooler dense vapor may feel warmer than thinner vapor even it it's warmer. The dense vapor transfers more heat. You can find out the max teimp and max watts for each puff with the right firmware. I'm using Arctic Fox on a Pico and vtc mini. I believe it is compatible with your cuboid. Check the list of compatible devices. Coincidentally I made this video of the display of a mod firing. AF firmware is providing the output. (I did this to see how hot an abused coil might get at 11 max watts.)

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
If you want a great consistent TC mode every time you Vape you must spend the bucks and get a DNA250 mod or at least a YiHi450 chip. The TC modes productivity is all about th chip set in the mod. It's like anything else in life. You get what you pay for. Even a lower DNA chip like 75 would be much much better.

This is the exact answer I was hoping for. Thank you.

Reactions: RayRay69

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

I'm afraid I respectfully disagree. This was once true, but now it is possible to get a perfectly good TC vape with lower end mods. The iStick Pico and VT/VTC series from joyetech are excellent (all JT chips) for example. The IPV D? series also use lower end Yihi chips but work perfectly well. If you want all the bells and whistles of evolv chips or the newer Yihi's (or dicodes of course - my personal favourite) also, then go for it but it is not necessary to get a good vape in my humble opinion.

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
I'm afraid I respectfully disagree. This was once true, but now it is possible to get a perfectly good TC vape with lower end mods. The iStick Pico and VT/VTC series from joyetech are excellent (all JT chips) for example. The IPV D? series also use lower end Yihi chips but work perfectly well. If you want all the bells and whistles of evolv chips or the newer Yihi's (or dicodes of course - my personal favourite) also, then go for it but it is not necessary to get a good vape in my humble opinion.
I too have a Pico and love it.. The Pico is just one of those freak mods that is really cheap and performs incredible. I do agree with you that it well out performs it's price. I never had a JoyTech so I can not speak on it. One thing that I do know is 100% true is that the DNA250 is the best chip set there is. YiHi is close 2nd. But there is no better TC modes than in the DNA250

Reactions: Vaperx

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
One thing I've seen so far is alot of people first trying tc mode are not using spaced coils. That would be the first place to start.

I am using 26/30 Clapton SS no space with a resistance of around .35 to .40. I'll try the same build but will space it out.

Also, I did order an HCigar VT75 Nano with the DNA 75 and a couple LG 20A 18650's (3000mAh) which should be here tomorrow. I'm hoping this will work better for me.

Reactions: Eskie

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I am using 26/30 Clapton SS no space with a resistance of around .35 to .40. I'll try the same build but will space it out.

Also, I did order an HCigar VT75 Nano with the DNA 75 and a couple LG 20A 18650's (3000mAh) which should be here tomorrow. I'm hoping this will work better for me.
Best to also start with simple single wire coils. Complex coils will work, but easier to use simple coils until you're more accustomed to building for and using tc.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
I have 3 lower end/budget mods in rotation using a tank, RTA & RDA and all perform just fine in TC. Are they as good as DNA or YiHi chip based mods, of course not. I like simple & they just work. I'm more than satisfied... :D

eVic VTwo Mini/Cubis, .5ohm stock coil, custom TCR 135 @ 25w/450F
Aspire NX75-A/Serpent Mini, .3ohm 24g 3mm SS316L contact coil, @25w/400F
Wismec Presa75/NarDa clone, .4ohm 24g 3mm SS316L spaced coil, @ 25w/420F

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I too have a Pico and love it.. The Pico is just one of those freak mods that is really cheap and performs incredible. I do agree with you that it well out performs it's price. I never had a JoyTech so I can not speak on it. One thing that I do know is 100% true is that the DNA250 is the best chip set there is. YiHi is close 2nd. But there is no better TC modes than in the DNA250
In a sense you do have a joyetech since the pico uses joyetech chips!

The DNA250 may be the best for your application but for me, the dicodes chips deliver the best temperature control. Each to his/her own :)

Reactions: KenD

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
In a sense you do have a joyetech since the pico uses joyetech chips!

The DNA250 may be the best for your application but for me, the dicodes chips deliver the best temperature control. Each to his/her own :)

Well that makes sense that the Pico and JoyTech both work well for you.

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
I have 3 lower end/budget mods in rotation using a tank, RTA & RDA and all perform just fine in TC. Are they as good as DNA or YiHi chip based mods, of course not. I like simple & they just work. I'm more than satisfied... :D

eVic VTwo Mini/Cubis, .5ohm stock coil, custom TCR 135 @ 25w/450F
Aspire NX75-A/Serpent Mini, .3ohm 24g 3mm SS316L contact coil, @25w/400F
Wismec Presa75/NarDa clone, .4ohm 24g 3mm SS316L spaced coil, @ 25w/420F
Think you hit the nail on the head. I'm just a big believer that if I can afford it, I want the best.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
I got my new Hcigar VT75 nano and put a new build in my Ammit RTA. Single wire 316L SS, 6 wraps (spaced) at .38 ohms. After setting up my nano correctly in TC mode it has been working flawlessly as I had hoped. I'm set at 75watt ramp-up and vaping at 460° and it has been nice and stable for each and every vape. I'm a believer with this DNA 75 and using the EScribe and Steam Engine software I'm already able to fine tune my presets. I also updated the firmware as well.

Very happy so far. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I got my new Hcigar VT75 nano and put a new build in my Ammit RTA. Single wire 316L SS, 6 wraps (spaced) at .38 ohms. After setting up my nano correctly in TC mode it has been working flawlessly as I had hoped. I'm set at 75watt ramp-up and vaping at 460° and it has been nice and stable for each and every vape. I'm a believer with this DNA 75 and using the EScribe and Steam Engine software I'm already able to fine tune my presets. I also updated the firmware as well.

Very happy so far. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Yeah, a DNA chip and eScribe really do spoil you when it comes to TC. I do think it's nice there's some open source software to provide similar setup and a Device Monitor for Wismec/Joyetch/Eleaf mods now. But TC on the DNA is so smooth and consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread