Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
When I first heard of this mod I was like, whut. A tap and pressure sensitive mod? Whyyyy?

But I was curious enough to check it out anyway. Turns out this mod has a TON of features. Like a lot of the newer mods, this one can handle over 200w (238w, to be exact) with dual 18650s, and it can be used as a charging bank. It features the new balanced charging system I am starting to see in mods of this style, a 1.3 inch OLED screen with clock and 2A quick charging. All this bundled with the tap-pad fire button and squeeze-method menu selection set the Cuboid Tap apart from the others in this class. The best part is that it can handle a 25 mm tank without overhang!! This mod also claims to have a "buck boost" technology which, it seems, will provide a steadier output than buck, so less power drop off. Oh and the 510 is spring loaded, which I like a lot better than a stationary 510 pin. I find I can swap tanks much more easily with a spring-loaded connection.

Speaking of tanks, the ProCore Aries tank that comes with this mod as a kit looks to be a big improvement over the Cuboid tanks. It has a 4 ml juice capacity and takes either .4 ohm or 1.5 ohm coils. The .4 ohm coils come in either a DTL or a MTL version. I am really glad to see Joytech getting away from the Cuboid coils. I have no idea if flavor and vapor are all they are cracked up to be, but these coils are definitely different. I am really hoping Joyetech revised them to address the spitting and dry hit issues the Cuboid coils had. I really hated those coils. For filling this tank you slide it back and flip it up to load juice, which looks like a quick and easy filling method.

All in all, this whole setup looks really interesting and I found it at Vapesourcing for just $61.93 for the kit, and check out these colors!!!

cuboid tap and aries.PNG

I don't know when this mod is going to be released, but I am going to watch for reviews and more info on it. It has my interest for sure!!

[Pre-sell] Joyetech CUBOID TAP Full Kit

Reactions: Foggy Road

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Just a couple of points:

238 watts from two 18650s is unrealistic at best even with really good batteries. The mod will almost certainly not be able to achive that wattage, your run-time will be minimal and you will damage your batteries.

Balanced charging, accommodating a 25 mm device, buck&boost and spring loaded 510s are not new features.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I agree on the batteries. Anything over 80 watts per cell is pushing it IMO (or the mod isn't really reaching claimed wattage).

As for the balance charging, that's debatable. Mods that claimed to have it, at best didn't do it well. Mods that have been released in this past year have vastly improved in that area. May not seem new to some, with how fast mods come out, but in reality that is fairly new. The rest were features she was listing, with no claim to them being new.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Just a couple of points:

238 watts from two 18650s is unrealistic at best even with really good batteries. The mod will almost certainly not be able to achive that wattage, your run-time will be minimal and you will damage your batteries.

Balanced charging, accommodating a 25 mm device, buck&boost and spring loaded 510s are not new features.

I totally agree about the load on the batteries. This just seems to be the way these mods are set up lately. I have the Alien, the Predator, and the Fuchai 213 and I never vape over 50 watts on any of them. I like the longer battery life of a dual 18650 mod. As for the other features, I know they are not new but they are all on this particular mod, which is nice, and this mod also has other features besides the standard, which was the point I was trying to make. I personally prefer a mod that has a spring-loaded 510, minimal dropoff (I HATE mods that peter out while I'm vaping!!) and can accommodate a large atomizer, so I included that info.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Thanks, Fozzy! :) I have to say I am not too sure about his views on the touch pad. I am inclined to think that the touchpads need skin contact in order to fire and aren't going to be an issue for autofiring. That happens more with buttons, methinks. I want to see what some of the other reviewers have to say about that. All in all it does look like a nice, solid little device and it is definitely feature packed!

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Thanks, Fozzy! :) I have to say I am not too sure about his views on the touch pad. I am inclined to think that the touchpads need skin contact in order to fire and aren't going to be an issue for autofiring. That happens more with buttons, methinks. I want to see what some of the other reviewers have to say about that. All in all it does look like a nice, solid little device and it is definitely feature packed!

It appears that it will fire without skin contact. The video below (it should be indexed to the 10 min mark, but if not skip to that point) shows it firing when touching his shirt. He also reports it has autofired in his pocket.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Don't like the color schemes they have chosen if I did go for one it would have to be the all black. They look exactly like the original Cuboid 150 just a larger version?? That "tap" feature does not appeal to me but I do like the larger fire button they chose. Not going to decide on this until after some reviews come. I still use my cuboid's anyway,not sure I need any more of them???? Never know though???

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
It appears that it will fire without skin contact. The video below (it should be indexed to the 10 min mark, but if not skip to that point) shows it firing when touching his shirt. He also reports it has autofired in his pocket.

Hmmm, that's not good. I am really surprised it's not skin-touch sensitive. Disappointing. :( I do love that he really tried to get the 510 to pop out and couldn't do it, though! Thanks for posting this, @hazozita! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Don't like the color schemes they have chosen if I did go for one it would have to be the all black. They look exactly like the original Cuboid 150 just a larger version?? That "tap" feature does not appeal to me but I do like the larger fire button they chose. Not going to decide on this until after some reviews come. I still use my cuboid's anyway,not sure I need any more of them???? Never know though???
Gotta have backups for your backups, though, right?? :D

Reactions: t8kiteasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread