Ampking 30A 3000mAh 20700 Bench Test Results...accurately rated, a good 20700 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    To prevent any confusion with the eGo-type "batteries", I use the term "cell" here to refer to a single 18350, 18650, 20700/21700, 26650, etc.

While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

IMG_4939.JPG IMG_4940.JPG IMG_4941.JPG IMG_4942.JPG IMG_4943.JPG

Bottom Line
    This is an accurately rated 20700 cell (20mm diameter x 70mm length) that performs well but not quite as well as the Sanyo NCR20700A. Its appearance is similar to a Panasonic cell, with its 5-leg top contact, but I cannot confirm that this is indeed a Panasonic cell. It appears to be the same cell used by the iJoy 20700.

This Ampking uses a paper top ring insulator that should not be exposed to juice or otherwise it could swell and soften, possibly increasing the risk of the insulator being damaged when put into or removed from a device or charger.

I am rating this Ampking at 30A and 3000mAh.

My thanks to Ampking for donating the two cells for testing (www.ampking.com)!
    I don't know when it will be available, or from which vendors, but I will post updates as I find out.

Continuous-Current Test Results
    IMG_4946.PNG

Pulse-Current Test Results and Comparison to the Sanyo NCR20700A
    IMG_4948.PNG IMG_4945.PNG

Comments
    • At 10A continuous this cell delivered about 2865mAh. This typical for a high-performance 3000mAh cell so I am rating it at 3000mAh.
    • Its temperature of 80°C at 30A continuous is just above the average for cells being operated at their rating so I am rating this cell at 30A.
    To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread