• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Another Great Christian Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I watched the Christian movie 'The Identical.' It was just added to Netflix, or I just found it. Okay, it might be a take off from being an Elvis impersonator, but I got into the story of the movie and cried throughout the movie. I was like a faucet. It has original rock and roll music and some R & B. I enjoyed the music and would like to get the soundtrack.

It is on YouTube for those that would like to see it. There are just certain parts in there that spoke to my heart. MM, you'll get it. I say that because of similar backgrounds. I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone, so I won't! :laugh: It stars Ray Liotta, (I'm not a Ray Liotta fan, but he was great!) Ashley Judd, and Blake Rayne. I'd never heard of this guy and, okay, I'll admit it..........................I'm not an Elvis fan. Throw tomatoes now! :p I liked his later songs. I can remember my grandmother talking about obscene gyrations, and calling rock and roll - 'the devil's music!' Well, I guess next to Lawrence Welk, it appears that way.

Anyway, if this sounds like something you'd like to see, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!:)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
The Hubbs and I loved it... He's a die-hard Elvis Fan. :)

I am so very glad! I finally got my sister to watch it and she wasn't crazy about it. It hurt my feelings, but I still love the movie. You know, I wasn't a Ray Liotta fan, but man, he was great! And the songs that were sung.......the older man that wanted to buy his song for The Dream to sing, he helped create and write all the songs. Now how cool is that!!!!! I was bummed when he didn't get a chance to know, well you know. There were a lot of things that touched my heart, even the Scripture he sang. I don't like Seth Green very much, but he did a great job! I went to a tent revival. I'm half Jewish/Gentile. The home movies...I was reared with music all the time. AND I want a hat like Drexel's!

Finally, relatives liking the movie!!!! Thank you ...... it means a great deal, Cuz. Thank you!:wub: I loved the soundtrack and bought it.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
- AND I want a hat like Drexel's!

Finally, relatives liking the movie!!!! Thank you ...... it means a great deal, Cuz. Thank you!:wub: I loved the soundtrack and bought it.

You're welcome Cuz.... and WHICH Hat was that?..... Was it a Cowboy Hat?

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I don't know if you know the kind of hat that Stevie Ray Vaughn used to wear. Drexel's hat was similar to thatl! Did you see when Drexel walked into the competition? That's the hat I'm talking about!:thumbs:

Oh THAT Hat!!!! Oh yeah, I loved that Hat also!!!! lol ;)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
You so Cray-Cray Cuz!!!! :lol:

I like it that way, in certain circumstances. When I'm being an Ambassador for Jesus, I hope people see someone who is in love with their Saviour, and I think that is a great goal to pursue. I don't remember the song title, but I know a few lines......'Jesus is all the world to me, my heart my soul my all'......or something like that. That is imperative. But when I'm behind closed doors, I can be a little Cray-Cray! It keeps life interesting, as long as I stay within the lines. You've got to stay within the lines. (It sounds like a coloring book!) To stay within the lines, you have to know the rules and regulations......in other words, you have to know what the Bible says about behavior! My sister believes that my faith is beyond the Scriptures, and I've been hood winked....just because I rely on God for everything. She said she doesn't want me to be disappointed because God doesn't always answer prayer like we want Him to do. No kidding! I'm striving to know Him better because He is an enigma. There are so many facets to know! I could spend the rest of my life learning all the facets, and I'd only touch the surface. I've been a Christian 30 years in August, and I'm still learning and want to learn. I have a deep desire to know Him better.

As I've said many times before, my daddy used to say: "If you don't have any fun in life, you're just wasting it." He lived to be 95 1/2 years old. I can honestly say that I've had more fun in life being a Christian than I ever did not being one. And, that is the truth!!! So being a little 'cray cray' is a compliment.....and thank you for that!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread