Anybody start out with rebuildables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2014
socal
Wow, I remember back in the day the toughest question on the new member forum was "what cartridge filler should I use with my Joye 510, or should I drip". I haven't moved on much:oops: So, that would still be a giant no, in fact even four years later I still haven't tried many setups. Still use 808 batts and egos with lil ol 510 drippers. TONS that I want tho..

Cartotanks seem to have a cult following, id like to try one.

I feel like I missed out on a lot by coming in late to the game, but also avoided some headaches...

Archon

Apr 12, 2014
California, USA
OP pretty much has the same setup as I do - MVP 2 with a Kayfun 3.1 and Five Pawns liquid, except I've got Castle Long instead of Gambit.

Except I started on an Evod with some crappy juices. It was enough to get me off cigs but it took me awhile to start upgrading to better stuff. I didn't want the hassle of rebuilding coils and learning about ohms and watts and all that, but once I got used to it I started moving up the ladder. But some people are comfortable diving straight into the deep end haha. Good for you and happy vaping!

girlsdrivetoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Truckin' across America
Oooh another trucker. I haul ...... and because I am sure that will be edited by the forum because non-truckers get bug-eyed over that word, I haul refrigerated trailers.

VTR wins my vote for "dear God, I just can't break this thing". Mine has hit the asphalt several times, once falling from my pocket as I got out of the truck and it barely has a scratch. Provari is another nice solid device that stands up well in and out of the truck. But neither of these are usb rechargeable.

I've found the maraxus to be a nice solid mech and quite like the inset firing button. I found it hard to tear myself away and use other devices until my husband surprised me with a Stingray.

I only recently hopped on the cartotank train and love it. It made me put down my Russian for a solid 2 weeks except for occasionally dripping.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I vaping on an MVP and a Tobecco Kayfun Lite Plus as my backup, with a Provari Mini and Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 as my main set up. the Provari plus MVP 2 backup seems to be a popular combo. Generally, if you like one you'll like the other. I was also concerned about having external batteries and an external charger, but it actually provides some piece of mind. If something goes wrong with the MVP 2's battery, there's really nothing I can do about it. However, if anything goes wrong with the Provari's battery, I can just switch them out.

girlsdrivetoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Truckin' across America
My all day device is my Stingray. I have 3 18650 batteries and at any given time have one in the mod and two freshly charged ready to go. I keep a charger plugged into my inverter. I build my Russian built between 1 and 2 ohms and it's my second choice if I want to switch it up. My VTR is just my variable wattage toy at this point since I have multiple devices. Two 18650s last my all day chain vaping in the VTR. Two, maybe 3 fresh batteries get me through the day with the Provari as well. I chain vape though.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
My all day device is my Stingray. I have 3 18650 batteries and at any given time have one in the mod and two freshly charged ready to go. I keep a charger plugged into my inverter. I build my Russian built between 1 and 2 ohms and it's my second choice if I want to switch it up. My VTR is just my variable wattage toy at this point since I have multiple devices. Two 18650s last my all day chain vaping in the VTR. Two, maybe 3 fresh batteries get me through the day with the Provari as well. I chain vape though.

What kind of batteries are you using? The Sony VTC5 gets me through a full day of vaping a Stingray topped with a subohm'd Atomic or a 1.5 ohm Russian.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I can't find a build on my dripper that I like. Rebuilding my nautilus heads is a breeze but getting anything other than air or burnt is a challenge so far on my Patriot.

Live Long and Vape!

Try a higher ohm build, I like to start around 0.9 ohms and go from there on my RDA's.

plant

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2014
socal
I vaping on an MVP and a Tobecco Kayfun Lite Plus as my backup, with a Provari Mini and Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 as my main set up. the Provari plus MVP 2 backup seems to be a popular combo. Generally, if you like one you'll like the other. I was also concerned about having external batteries and an external charger, but it actually provides some piece of mind. If something goes wrong with the MVP 2's battery, there's really nothing I can do about it. However, if anything goes wrong with the Provari's battery, I can just switch them out.

Yea the best system is a replaceable battery while still having a USB charge option, like the hana modz.

Glad that works for you!

Hi. Is it possible to buy these higher ohm builds online? Sites like fast tech have packs of 50 for $3.50 but lowest ohm is 1.50. Also I'm a newb and see that these oremade wires with wicka are "micro builds". Does that mean they wouldn't work in a Igo w (on a K100?).

Any help would be awesome. I'm looking for bigger clouds but am hesitant to go below .5.

Tom Fuller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
Mansfield, Texas, United States
Hi. Is it possible to buy these higher ohm builds online? Sites like fast tech have packs of 50 for $3.50 but lowest ohm is 1.50. Also I'm a newb and see that these oremade wires with wicka are "micro builds". Does that mean they wouldn't work in a Igo w (on a K100?).

Any help would be awesome. I'm looking for bigger clouds but am hesitant to go below .5.

If it is a single coil at 1.5 it will be .07 on a dual setup. It is a ton less difficult in reality than in your head to make the coils yourself.

Live Long and Vape!

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Thanks! Looking forward to my first build. will be attempting this weekend. Just waiting on ohm reader in case i blow my face off.

If anyone has an instructional video on how to make a .7 - 1.0 coils that would be fantastic!!

It depends on the gauge wire you use. Higher gauge equals higher ohms per wrap, lower gauge is lower ohms per wrap.

Zamazam

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
Midwest USA
I looked at the VTR but it lacks USB charging and you need to hack off the ring to fit a kayfun. Plus it's ugly in my opinion, and only goes to 15 watts. If I wanted an ugly 15w device that I couldn't charge with USB I'd just get a provari :laugh:

You might want to look at the Evic Ultimate, its a 30w vv/vw APV with the ability to be programmed via software with your e-juice and wattage/voltage settings. It charges via usb and can be used in pass thorough mode. My kid bought me one for my birthday early this month and I've been using it daily. It's about the same price as a Provari and seems durable enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread