Anyone ever rebuild a cartomizer with cotton?

Discussion in 'Cartomizers' started by Johnnie Price, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Johnnie Price

    Johnnie Price Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2012
    Location:
    Waldorf, MD
    Some cartomizers can be easily rebuilt, like the Go-Cart and the Echomizer. Has anyone ever tried rebuilding one with cotton? Would it hold more fluid or wick better?
     
  2. mikepointfive

    mikepointfive Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Location:
    Woodland Hills, California, United States
    I am actually curious about this too.. i did the "toddoid" mod on my a7 rebuildable atomizer and was wondering if i could use cotton instead of polyfill as i am now out of poly fill.
     
  3. jeffd

    jeffd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2012
    Location:
    ontario
    tagging along on this one as I'm not a poly puffer.
     
  4. dsy5

    dsy5 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2010
    Location:
    New York
    I think I have read on here of people that have done it, but it is very difficult to remove the poly without destroying the coil. The way it is wrapped around the silica sleeve that is around the coil and the fact that one of the leads of the coil goes to the top of the carto and back down, make it almost necessary to unsolder the leads from the base and remove the unit as a whole.

    IMO not worth the bother - but could be a fun experiment.
     
  5. tbro

    tbro Full Member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2013
    Location:
    baton rouge/houston
    It should be pretty doable on the clear mega dual coil cartos.
    Pbusardo has a video about cleaning one where he just pops off the plastic shell and unwraps the filler material to wash it.
     
  6. johnlacie

    johnlacie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2011
    Location:
    -
    I have rebuilt a couple of SmokTech dual coils. I completely ripped out the coil but retained the non resistant wires and rebuilt as a single coil. Both work just fine but I then went on to Genesis atties and got stuck to using cotton wick atties which were simpler to rebuild.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page