Anyone have the new Kayfun clone aka Dream BT804 Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Pics are worth a thousand words so here we go. Honestly I think the one ad on for this tank I would like to see is a fill screw in the cap. Like some of the carto tanks have, since for all intensive purposes it functions the same way, just has RBA coils.

Sorry for the focus iPhone pics

View attachment 178833
View attachment 178834
View attachment 178835
View attachment 178836
Really bad focus on this one the wick is wet and test firing. You can see a little vapor
View attachment 178837
Yes guys, THIS is the proper way to set the Kayfun up, and I assume in order for the clone to work properly, you want it set up the same way. Do not run the wick down in the channels! Everybody is getting mixed results because setting up a Kayfun is a VERY delicate procedure! I got my Kayfun Mini 2.1 weeks ago and I thought it was ridiculously overrated because I could just NOT get it to work right. It either wicked too much or not enough. It takes practice, and more than one rewrapping and setting up but once you do get it set up properly it's great! The only problem IMO with this clone is that you cannot take that cone apart to "spiral" the wicks around, as was mentioned earlier. The Kayfun has this as two separate parts, and IMO that's the way it needs to be so this can be done easily enough.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'll update that after I had it working great once, I changed my wick and coil and the performance went to crap, which led to an epic journey of rewicking dozens of times, messing with as many variables as I could think of. Watching the videos from Svoemesto himself (if that's his name) I noticed he made real fat, triple wicks, just like the one tim_man posted above. So I tried one with triple 2 mm wicks, and I unraveled the ends a good bit, and now it's working better than ever, and it's been going great for probably a week. So I think that's one of the secrets to proper performance, thick wicks. I need to rebuild it to make sure that this is really the secret, and not just a fluke, but it's working so well I'm scared to mess it up.

Anyways, I'm loving this, but I'm also ticked off at the one piece cone enough that I will have to try to acquire myself a real Kayfun.

Last edited:

calpis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I'm thinking about grabbing one of those white delrin Siam Mods tank filler tips so I can fill this thing upside down. I'm kinda getting tired of this thing dumping 1ml of juice every time I screw on the top cap after I fill. I do plug the air hole in the atomizer base with a toothpick so I can extract the juice out of the center with a syringe. I have my cotton wick trimmed about halfway down the channel and getting consistent drags. I'm also going to give the tilt while screwing the to cap a shot too when this tank runs out.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
I'm thinking about grabbing one of those white delrin Siam Mods tank filler tips so I can fill this thing upside down. I'm kinda getting tired of this thing dumping 1ml of juice every time I screw on the top cap after I fill. I do plug the air hole in the atomizer base with a toothpick so I can extract the juice out of the center with a syringe. I have my cotton wick trimmed about halfway down the channel and getting consistent drags. I'm also going to give the tilt while screwing the to cap a shot too when this tank runs out.

I've had my best success with the upside-down filling. I've been using a ST filler funnel to block the drip tip hole. Fill the tank maybe 1/3 full.

I've also had my best results by avoiding having the wick in the channels at all. I just wrap it around the base of the coil chamber above the threads. Easy to do if you are a finger contortionist. Difficult if you have turtle flippers.

This thing does not hold anywhere near enough juice! But I can see from this clone how a real Kayfun could be an outstanding atty.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Anything that uses silica can also use cotton. I feel like cotton wicks better than silica, you just can't dry burn it. I set mine up with cheese cloth and it's pretty nice! There are still some tricks with this atty I still haven't tried yet, though. When I get the chance I'll make her hum just like the rest!

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
Anything that uses silica can also use cotton. I feel like cotton wicks better than silica, you just can't dry burn it. I set mine up with cheese cloth and it's pretty nice! There are still some tricks with this atty I still haven't tried yet, though. When I get the chance I'll make her hum just like the rest!

I find silica and cotton to wick similar, but i find i can go weeks on the same silica while cotton requires more replacing. Plus the intial build process of soaking etc takes time(cheese cloth) . I also find that cotton doesnt hold up well to .7 ohms lr vaping, which can be made better with a little ss mesh.

3.5 mm silica is amazing overall.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
I just picked up one of these from the classifieds....just wanted to play with it and try it out. I know I want a real deal Kayfun....but at least this will give me some practice until I can get my hands on one. I am blown away by my Oddy Clone....but I can tell this is nowhere near the quality of the Terminator. I agree, that if they would redesign the atty area and the cone, you would probably get better performance and hold more liquid.

As for the air control....the original has a screw coming in from the side. I am thinking about trying to drill and tap a hole to be able to do the same with this. Either that or use mesh to plug the internal air hole.

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
Just some pictures of vivi and stv tanks.

uploadfromtaptalk1361472511703.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1361472529047.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1361472551407.jpg

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
0.7ohm 4/5 wrap 28awg with 2 stacks of 2.5mm silica.

I keep the flow control top as tight as i can, and just cover the air hole and suck when i need juice. If this had the build quality of the terminator, i would never use my terminators anymore. 2 minute setup is nice.

uploadfromtaptalk1361481701475.jpg

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA

I keep the flow control top as tight as i can, and just cover the air hole and suck when i need juice. If this had the build quality of the terminator, i would never use my terminators anymore. 2 minute setup is nice.

View attachment 180604

How are you liking that Natural mod? I'm having a hard time convincing myself to pull the trigger on it for 60 bucks. :blink:

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
How are you liking that Natural mod? I'm having a hard time convincing myself to pull the trigger on it for 60 bucks. :blink:

I like it. It does the 3 battery configuration i want it to, its minimalistic, has a great button, and it has an excellent finish. Im happy im mechanically satisfied at this price level.

Its only 46 at rawrvapor or 49 at exhalevapor with coupon.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

View attachment 180604

You'll get no disagreement from me, that's why I have a Kayfun on the way but at that price I think one will be it for a while so my Term's should still see a little use, have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread