Anyone have the new Kayfun clone aka Dream BT804 Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
If you guys like the dream tank, you'll love this one..no leaks, holds a boat-load of juice, easy setup, and vape and taste is the best I've had

View attachment 181254 View attachment 181255 View attachment 181256 View attachment 181257 View attachment 181258
Awesome man! Rockin the 2.1 AND the 3.1! I loooove my Mini 2.1, i've been rocking it the last 2 days in drip mode, this thing is by far my favorite dripper i've ever used, can't say enough good about the adjustable air flow. It is tiny though, I lost most of my little mini screwdrivers in the house fire I had so I have to use one of those floss pick things. The little plastic ones that come in a bag of like 100 of them or whatever, the end is like a flat pick and I use it to adjust the airflow, the screw moves with the slightest touch which is nice because I find myself adjusting the airflow a lot more than I would have expected.

calpis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Had to replace my week old cotton yarn and dumped the left over juice. I filled upside down this time and I used one of those basic black plastic drip tips that you get free and plugged the hole on the end of the drip tip with one of those silicone cups that comes with those CE5 replaceable heads. Filled the tank upside down to roughly under halfway and screwed on the bottom section. No leaks! Wooooo.

This thing would be perfect except for that bit of exposed brass in the air chamber. Any news of the SS version of this yet?

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
I got mine today and oh man is it a great vape!! now it can leak if not totally tightened, all parts...but when proper this thing vapes the best I have ever vaped. The flavor is just so choice, perfect temp, and plumes of vapor. For $20 it's a steal, but now I must own a real Kayfun. I'm amazed at the vape this thing makes, wow!! Thanks dream tank!! www.vaporbank.com

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Does anyone know the best way of refilling this bad boy? I keep getting seepage into the bottom drip pan, then gets wasted when blowing it clear, or gurgles. Is it possible to remove the base and fill it upside down?

This has been working well for me.

Remove top cap and make sure inner cone section is in place. Fill to just over the collar of the dome. replace top cap but do not screw it down. flip the whole thing upside down and jiggle the cap a little until the juice starts to settle towards the cap. This will vary depending on the viscosity of the juice. some of my thicker juice I almost need to make a gap between the top cap and the body before the juice will start to flow. all this is done with the whole thing still upside down. the objective is to see an air gap at one of the channels before you screw the cap in.

As I see it, when you fill it right side up, with the juice sitting at the bottom of the tank and air at the top, when you crew it down the air will push the juice through the channels and flood it. when you fill upside down, as long as there is an air gap at the juice channel, the air will get forced through the channel instead of juice when your tighten the cap.

I know this sounds idiotic, but just try to picture it in your head and it should make sense.

HwyApostle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Verona, Missouri, United States
As I shared in posts 54 & 55 with pictures.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8658333#post8658333

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8658369#post8658369

The best way I have found to fill or refill the clone is to.
1 cover the air intake with your finger
2 cover the drip tip with other hand finger
3 unscrew the top
4 add juice
5 screw on top till you see the juice level start to go down
6 back off the top so you don't flood it
7 tilt the tank on its side so the air bubble moves over one of the feed channels
8 tighten the top down.
9 Vape away.

Note: you may get a little gurgling at first (do not blow this out) just vape it. you just tilted the tank around, it all has to resettle an equalize in pressure. If you blow it out you will disrupt the pressure and flood city.

If you're using 50/50 or thicker juice as I am. You may sometimes have to cover the air hole and take a drag to get it to feed more. But even with 50/50 I have found if I will let it sit for a minute or two the pressure will overcome the thickness of juice. And incase you are wondering yes the coil chamber is screwed all the way down. For silica, cotton or hybrid wick setups this device has to be one of the easiest to use or setup. Takes little to no maintenance and the juice consumption to vapor production is outstanding I'm my experience. I have only had it for two weeks but I love it.

Note 2: when making a fresh coil rap the wick clockwise in the direction that the coil cap screws on. Otherwise when you put the coil cap on it will take the wick out of reach of the juice channels and possible destroy your coil.

Ever once and a while meaning 2-3 refills. I do remove the spring cap and will have a few drops of juice there, or the drip tip and have a drop or two there. All I do is use a dropper or needle bottle to suck up the few drops and put them back in the bottle. I believe these are mainly from condensation but I have been wrong before. Hope this helps those who are having issues.

Sent from the open road.

Last edited:

HwyApostle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Verona, Missouri, United States
Note 3: (lol) I did remove the o-ring I was using to stiffen the draw. I found that even with 50/50 juice it caused it to feed to fast and flood. I was getting leaking during the time the o-ring was in the base. Since I have removed it not a single issue with this device.

Sent from the open road.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Does anyone know the best way of refilling this bad boy? I keep getting seepage into the bottom drip pan, then gets wasted when blowing it clear, or gurgles. Is it possible to remove the base and fill it upside down?

I use something like this method (posted just before your post)...

... I filled upside down this time and I used one of those basic black plastic drip tips that you get free and plugged the hole on the end of the drip tip with one of those silicone cups that comes with those CE5 replaceable heads. Filled the tank upside down to roughly under halfway and screwed on the bottom section. No leaks! Wooooo.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Bumping this (watch the video)...
Hi. I just got one of these in the coop and I was just commenting over there that this doesn't seem to be designed quite right. I have watched some of the Russian videos for the real Kayfun and they don't stick the wicks down the channels, but rather spiral them around inside. problem is that the inner tube needs to be in two pieces to do that effectively. I found a video in German of someone building this clone the way it should be:
Dream Selbstwickler - YouTube
The problem then is that you need to plug the top and fill it upside down or it will flood with no wicks blocking the channels. I believe this device is supposed to work off some reverse pressure/vacuum type of thing and not simply semi-blocked wick holes. I've been vaping like in this German video for only ten minutes or so now, but it seems to be working much better.

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
Yes, I was able to add juice without gurgle or leakage. I used a Vapeonly Mega BCC stock drip tip which has a very narrow airpath making it easier to keep your finger over, and used a syringe to squeeze between the gaps. worked well but awkward until I get some practice.

Damn this vapes like champ!! I ordered some original Kayfun woven silica wick (Ekowool Brand, Russian made), which I hear has superb flavor and wicking compared to the normal twisted wicks from China. If interested in ordering from Europe here is the link........

http://www.ecigwizard.com/accessories/other-acc/silica-wick-1mm-1-5mm-2mm.html

or is available at any of the 3 Kayfun Vendors by googleing (Cloud9vaping.co.uk, digitalsteam.de, and svoemesto.ru shop)

Thanks again!!

As I shared in posts 54 & 55 with pictures.

Anyone have the new Kayfun clone aka Dream BT804 Tank? - Page 6

Anyone have the new Kayfun clone aka Dream BT804 Tank? - Page 6

The best way I have found to fill or refill the clone is to.
1 cover the air intake with your finger
2 cover the drip tip with other hand finger
3 unscrew the top
4 add juice
5 screw on top till you see the juice level start to go down
6 back off the top so you don't flood it
7 tilt the tank on its side so the air bubble moves over one of the feed channels
8 tighten the top down.
9 Vape away.

Note: you may get a little gurgling at first (do not blow this out) just vape it. you just tilted the tank around, it all has to resettle an equalize in pressure. If you blow it out you will disrupt the pressure and flood city.

If you're using 50/50 or thicker juice as I am. You may sometimes have to cover the air hole and take a drag to get it to feed more. But even with 50/50 I have found if I will let it sit for a minute or two the pressure will overcome the thickness of juice. And incase you are wondering yes the coil chamber is screwed all the way down. For silica, cotton or hybrid wick setups this device has to be one of the easiest to use or setup. Takes little to no maintenance and the juice consumption to vapor production is outstanding I'm my experience. I have only had it for two weeks but I love it.

Note 2: when making a fresh coil rap the wick clockwise in the direction that the coil cap screws on. Otherwise when you put the coil cap on it will take the wick out of reach of the juice channels and possible destroy your coil.

Ever once and a while meaning 2-3 refills. I do remove the spring cap and will have a few drops of juice there, or the drip tip and have a drop or two there. All I do is use a dropper or needle bottle to suck up the few drops and put them back in the bottle. I believe these are mainly from condensation but I have been wrong before. Hope this helps those who are having issues.

Sent from the open road.

Last edited:

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
The Nextel XS-116 (not XC-116) has that same look. is it the same perhaps?

It's the very same thing, I'd bet just about anything, except maybe a Kayfun ;) if you goto Ekowool's website they claim "high temperature" "hollow" as well. Which is great. Kidney Puncher sells it, I had been searching high and low for a US supplier. they are too expensive though ($6 a foot!), for the 1/8" which is a 3mm and $4/foot for the 1.5mm. I spent $18(total after shipping) for 2 meters of 2mm wick from UK vendor (ecigwizard), and they use paypal for credit card processing so no worries. Half the price from the UK store, and totally safe checkout with Paypal. I spoke to ecigwizard's owner and he assured me it was authentic as pictured. This wick is worth the money, just dont waste it.

Ekowool

http://www.ecigwizard.com/accessories/other-acc/silica-wick-1mm-1-5mm-2mm.html

http://www.kidneypuncher.com/rebuildable-supplies/?sort=featured&page=2

Damn this Dream Tank vapes great, I'm amazed, can't stop vaping it and not one dry hit. BTW if interested in changing the tank, it uses a Vivi Nova tank, so lots of choices out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread