Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
This is the pic they sent and asked if I thought I could love him...nice realtor snapped it on way home from him getting neutered and chipped. He was too big to sit in the seat , so his front legs were on the floor and he slept with his chin on the dash. Could you have refused this face?
image.jpeg

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
The one time we got a dog from a rescue was when we got a Chow. Got her as a puppy and she was huge.....100% pure chow but definitely not breed standard. She was the size of a German Shepherd. We ended up having to return her to the rescue at 4 or 5 years old because she became very aggressive. She bit my MIL's hand (maybe she was a good judge of character?) and then bit my son's face. He still has the scratch on his face to this day and it was just an inch or two away from his eye.
They can be unpredictable....in your MIL's case, probably just smart...lol

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
The report nice realtor lady got was "attempted shoplifting, unarmed and not dangerous"
TOO FUNNY
This is the pic they sent and asked if I thought I could love him...nice realtor snapped it on way home from him getting neutered and chipped. He was too big to sit in the seat , so his front legs were on the floor and he slept with his chin on the dash. Could you have refused this face? View attachment 496233
love at first sight for certain!

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
All of our pets are "rescues." Unfortunately, now everybody we know thinks they can drop off their pets at our house. Yes we are softies, but we don't need more animals!
I have trouble turning off the neon "sucker" sign on my forehead

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I grew up with labs... Wanted another, but hubby said if we were getting a dog, it had to be a Husky, cause " they look cool"... Three Huskies and countless fosters later, I'm still grateful he got his way, for once.
Speaking of Labs, I just took my shoes off because it is flipping HOT and Homer decided that my toes look too delicious to ignore. He is lying at my feet biting them, lol. Silly puppy. :) He is teething hard right now but I am already starting to see signs in him that he will be a very good boy when he is done being a baby Lab. He might be a lunatic right now, but eventually he is going to be a wonderful buddy. :)

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Speaking of Labs, I just took my shoes off because it is flipping HOT and Homer decided that my toes look too delicious to ignore. He is lying at my feet biting them, lol. Silly puppy. :) He is teething hard right now but I am already starting to see signs in him that he will be a very good boy when he is done being a baby Lab. He might be a lunatic right now, but eventually he is going to be a wonderful buddy. :)
Give Homie some kisses from me...lol....

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I know all too well the fear mongering, except my canine was 75% wolf and 25% thoroughbred German Shepherd. The breeder had bred Wolf with Shepherd then those pups with Wolf. I was looking at their Shepherd's but the wolf pups and their parents were just so beautiful. He was good natured, a bit protective but no more than a Shepherd.

I lived rural at the time and had several acres of property, neighbors were ignorant. I had a neighbor that bred Shepherd's for the DEA (she was an agent as well), she had 8 murderous beasts that killed my Rat Terrier, my beloved pet. Not the dogs fault, it was the way they were trained.

Police wouldn't do anything about it since the dogs were technically police officers and so was she.

Yet my wolf that stayed in my yard was a neighborhood threat.
That is so sad! :( I am so sorry you couldn't get justice for your little buddy because the offender was an Officer. :(
I have a friend who has a wolf (about 3/4 as well) and he is an absolute doll. He is a bit of a fraidy dog but he is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to have one but one big dog and one little dog is my limit. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
that is too sweet!!!

random moment...

that story reminds me of my grandson and fatias (huge cat we had from birth to death) just saw the pics of them together earlier today. horrible quality but good enough to show the love
View attachment 496206 View attachment 496207
he just let that baby do ANYTHING he wanted to him lol. theres another pic where the baby is carrying him upside down and fati is just hanging there calm as can be
Ahhh, that is so adorable!!! What a good kitty, and what a cute baby!! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Here ya go...I left the patio for a smoke break, and they snapped this...Max on the left. A normal female wooly in the middle, and a normal male wooly on the right. Just for comparison...that's an average View attachment 496211 sized table, too
OMG that makes me miss Virgil sooo much! We have pictures of him around normals-sized Goldens that look just like this. I could just see you and me, Max and Virgil out for a stroll. The looks we would get with our ginormous doggies!! :)

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Ahhh, that is so adorable!!! What a good kitty, and what a cute baby!! :)
thank you on both accounts! the kitty has unfortunately passed on but the baby is now an adorable toddler who enjoys our new kitty...even if he wont play like old fati would

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Both of my dogs are rescues.....sort of [emoji14]
People seem to think it's ok to dump dogs off in the desert.....these were both dumped near my place, they both (independently, years apart) made their way to my property, and I just kept em.....both have been some of the best dogs ever.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
OMG that makes me miss Virgil sooo much! We have pictures of him around normals-sized Goldens that look just like this. I could just see you and me, Max and Virgil out for a stroll. The looks we would get with our ginormous doggies!! :)
Lmaoooo...people who don't know what a wuss Max is cross the street when they see us out walking...they're afraid just because of his size.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
The one time we got a dog from a rescue was when we got a Chow. Got her as a puppy and she was huge.....100% pure chow but definitely not breed standard. She was the size of a German Shepherd. We ended up having to return her to the rescue at 4 or 5 years old because she became very aggressive. She bit my MIL's hand (maybe she was a good judge of character?) and then bit my son's face. He still has the scratch on his face to this day and it was just an inch or two away from his eye.

If you read back a page or two you will see I said even with proper upbringing a Chow is the only dog I don't like, this story is exactly why.

Sorry you had to give up your friend.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Both of my dogs are rescues.....sort of [emoji14]
People seem to think it's ok to dump dogs off in the desert.....these were both dumped near my place, they both (independently, years apart) made their way to my property, and I just kept em.....both have been some of the best dogs ever.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping
I swear...rescues know and respond to love so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread