are enook batteries safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
I can say for sure they are not 3600mAh and 35a CDR. I'm sure Mooch mentioned testing theese soon.

I'd wait for his results.

Here's his list of recommended batterys

Attachments

• downloadfile-14.jpeg
    downloadfile-14.jpeg
    640.5 KB · Views: 605

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Didn't explode, however when I first started sub-ohming, I used a battery I had never heard of at the recommendation of purchasers on scamazon, and my Sigelei TC150's regulator burned up, as the batteries could not even come close to supplying the 35a (dare I say it was a 10a battery) they were displaying on the wrapper.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
How about my build? Am I at a safe margin? Even though I use a regulated mod, and I have never heard of regulated mods exploding, I want to make sure that mine won't be the first one.

On a regulated mod resistance doesnt come into play at-all (that only applyes to mech-mods). Batterys can (and will!), vent in a regulated mod.

Its the amount of watts on a regulated device that is straining a battery.

Noobvaper1427

Dec 8, 2016
On a regulated mod resistance doesnt come into play at-all (that only applyes to mech-mods). Batterys can (and will!), vent in a regulated mod.

Its the amount of watts on a regulated device that is straining a battery.

So unless I am using a safe battery, my mod and I are still in danger? Noted. Thanks for the advices there.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
So unless I am using a safe battery, my mod and I are still in danger? Noted. Thanks for the advices there.

As long as you keep the watts within the CDR of a battery your fine. The problem with your current batterys is because they are fake there is no way of knowing the CDR of them (it could be 1A or 10A).

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
I bought my lg hg2 at my local vape shop. They guaranteed they were legit and gave a 2 weeks warranty. I only found out that they were fake after a month when I saw a forum about fake lg hg2s. The owner kept on insisting that he sold me legit batteries that's why I gave up on him. I could buy samsung 25r. Thanks there.

The Samsung 25r (green or blue), are a good battery I'd suggest you go with those. Which mod are you using? I can calculate the amp draw for you.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm planning on disposing these batteries and replace them with new ones. I hope the next batteries I will buy won't be fake. Thanks opticruby
Buy the proper, high drain batteries (LG, Sony, or Samsung) from a trusted vendor and you won't have a problem. If you'd happen to get fakes (any vendor may get fakes from their supplier) a good vendor will make it right if you contact them. Don't buy from Amazon or ebay.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread