Are you coming up on either 2 or 3 years at ECF? POST HERE:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
It was 2 years in May for me.

I stopped replying to the newbies who ask for an e-liquid, "something that tastes like a Marlboro". Not because I'm tired of seeing that or because I've lost patience in suggesting something but because I have realized I don't have a friggin' clue what a Marlboro tastes like anymore. =)

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
RiCHIE!!!!
KradamAnineGLOMP1.gif

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I'm just shy of 2-1/2 (I joined on Feb. 26th after lurking for 2 months, LOL)!

Still vaping away, quit for a year and a half... but since October I'm smoking a few (around 5 every day). *sighhh* It was a rough 1-1/2 years anyway (there never is a good time to quit) and the stress at the end of last year with both my parents illnesses/passing one right after the other kicked me to the edge and I decided I needed that MAOI factor from smoking back to preserve my sanity. I plan to kick them again soon... but feel ok about the little I do smoke. Without vaping and ECF, I would have been right back to a pack and a half a day.
:wub:
Richie... Since I'm still smoking I can answer the question about what liquid tastes exactly like a Marlboro. You can find it inside your toilet. LOL Cigarettes still taste like crap, and are even more craptastic when you go back to smoking them again.

I think I bought my first overpriced e-cig from a mall kiosk 3 over 3 years ago, but it was 25 months ago that I was about to go outside for a cigarette when my daughter (then 7) said, "Daddy, isn't that 'pretend cigarette' supposed to be better for you? You should use that instead." ...Out of the mouth of babes, huh? I realized she was right and started researching online when I found ECF and started with a 510 and experimenting with different flavors, atomizers and higher voltage. Within a few weeks I'd forgotten when I'd last bothered to try a cigarette. I held onto the last pack of American Spirits "just in case" but I was giving away more than I was smoking, and when a neighbor came by to bum another cigarette I just gave him the pack because I knew I'd never use it. I decided to bum one last cigarette at a New Years' Eve party so I could remember the date and haven't smoked a single cigarette since the start of this decade! :vapor::toast::vapor:

Last edited:

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
:2cool:July 20th will be my 2 years smoke free date. I didn't find the forum until August 2009.

No one, including me, thought that the high priced e-cig would help me quit smoking. It did and it led me to this forum the first part of August. I was on the hunt for something better than that "mall-expensive-piece-of-junk".

I've since spent just about the same amount as I would have saved had I stopped cold turkey. But, I've reached a happy point with a good bit of back up supplies. So, from here on out, cost will be minimal. I should be even and saving money next month!

jericoriver

Please support CASAA
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Midway,Ga.
One week shy of two years.Its been quite a trip,Started with a 801,then switched to a 808 when they came out,Then went to box mods,then vv box mods. I had no problem putting down the cigs,finally gave away the 8 packs I had when the 801 got here,and I had been a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker and had smoked 45 years. I started out on 36mg for a few months,then dropped to 24,about 3-4 ml/day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread