Aspire Cleito Spit Hot Burning Liquid - Burned Tonsil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I've googled until I can't google anymore. I don't want to go to the doctor, so here I am. Asking for advice on the internet...like an idiot.

I've been vaping for about 7 years. I've had tanks spit hot juice in my throat, but I've never experienced what I experienced the other day and since then. What felt like a flaming hot ball of fire spit out of my tank and into the back of my throat. Three days later, it is swollen, red and sore andd I have a pretty decent-sized what must be a blister sore back there, right in front of my tonsil. I can't sleep because it hurts (think a really bad sore throat).

So what's the worse case scenario, here. I want to know. I'm concerned that there was a chunk of residue on the coil that shot into the back of my throat and now it's lodged in my throat, but then again it could just be a burn from said residue fireball that is running its healing course. Anyone else have this happen?

I know most of you will tell me to go see my doc or dentist...and I will if I believe it gets to the point where I must. Right now I'm gargling coconut oil, hoping for the best.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Bloody hell, I can honestly say that's never happened to me but it's probably just a blister that will reduce in time :)
Thanks, Skold. I hope so. I would think if it were a chunk of eliquid residue/gunk lodged back there it would be a lot more inflamed and a lot more angry and painful. I mean, don't get me wrong...it hurts pretty bad, but not to the point where I'm crying or anything.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
It won't be eliquid residue don't worry, it will just be blistered from where it burnt you. I get it from even eating hot food, will just be like that but maybe a bit worse. Sure the swelling will reduce don't worry :)
Thank you so much, that makes me feel better. I didn't sleep at all last night and it still hurts pretty bad today. It feels fine until I eat something and then it hurts again. I think I need to stick with Jello for a couple of days. Gross.

Reactions: Skold

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Where abouts?

oropharynx_P2253089_lbd.JPG

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Where abouts?

oropharynx_P2253089_lbd.JPG
To the right of my soft palate, where my tongue hits it. Perfect, right? I'm stuck eating bananas and Jello. Ibuprofen helps, tho. I was avoiding it because I hate taking anything, but I finally broke down and am glad that I did. It's making a huge difference.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
You'll be fine then. In discomfort for a while, but fine.

Out of interest, what are you using? Might be an idea to change tank / coil, wattage, temp, drip tip, a combination of the above? If a juice spit has caused you that much bother & has the potential to do so again, it might be wise to change the circumstances that caused it.

I had a particularly spitty Joyetech tank / coil combination, I put a narrow bore tip on it & the problem went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread