Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
So I sat down to tinker today with the goal of switching out the cap of one of my old style bottles (not a fan of the Italian bottles, to soft) with a nipple top. I cut the top of the nipple off and got the tube through, then cut the tube to the right length and added a v cut at the bottom of the tube to prevent suction. When I snapped the nipple into place on the bottle it immediately began auto feeding. Adding a reducer made it worse.

It's not hot here, not by a long shot and my juice is a 50/50 blend, so not to thin. The only thing I can think to do is cut a bit more off the top of the nipple, maybe it's just tight around the tube. Any ideas?

I don't have to use this nipple, I can go back to using the cap on this bottle but this is just irking me to no end. I have to know *why* lol!

Reactions: Asbestos4004

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I just did all of this to another bottle and nipple and no auto feeding! Haha! So it seems to be just a finicky tube or something. Very weird. :blink:

Asbestos, it wasn't my sucky atty lol! I didn't even have the tube/bottle installed into the Reo yet, it just auto fed right out the top of the tube. And this bottle mod has been around for quite some time, I'm just now getting around to trying it so I can't take credit for it.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have almost no experience with this mod. I just tried it maybe a month or two ago. In my case I drilled the nipple out to the recommended size before cutting some of it off. I didn't find it easier to refill the bottle with at all and went back to the cap. So the only thing I can think of off hand is if the bottle was so full of joose that when you snapped the nipple on it created enough pressure with joose being displaced by the tube that it over filled the tube?

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Hey Spydro, the juice level in that bottle is just over half full. I've pulled the tube up a bit and it seems to have stopped. I made sure it wasn't touching bottom before too. Maybe it just needed time like Asbestos said. I'm not sure yet if I'll like the nipple top better or not, I'll have to try it out for a while and see how it goes.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Hmmm... well, it would pretty much have to be a pressure differential between the interior of the bottle and the atmosphere (I doubt it's wicking out). Perhaps snapping the nipple on captured enough air inside the bottle to create this differential.

Try squeezing the bottle slightly as you snap the nipple on. Releasing the bottle afterwards will draw air into it through the tube to normalize the pressure.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
So far no more auto feeding, I'm not sure what the problem was with that first attempt on the first bottle. I did take a bit more off the top of the nipple and haven't had a problem since. I will say I think I like this nipple top a tad better but only because I don't have to worry about O-rings. I have had a few O-rings go wonky on me and not want to line up just right. Not a huge problem or anything just one less thing to worry about.

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread