Not open for further replies.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I was having some issues with my new GLV3 5v feeder that I received from Jay and called him about the fixes that I had done to resolve them. Jay thought that it would be a good idea if I posted them in order to help others who might be having the same issues, so here they are.

1) This fix is for the feeding systems where you push the bottle nipple into the flexable orange tube which connects it to the feed-line.

In my GLV3, when I would press the bottle to feed liquid to the atty, the bottle nipple kept on slipping out of the orange tubing. My solution was to first widen the feeding nipple of the bottle by inserting a small phillips head screwdriver into the hole and making it larger so that the liquid could come out more easily. I then used an exacto knife and carved a shallow channel completely around, toward the bottom of the nipple (towards the bottle), I then slipped the orange tubing back over the nipple to the base of the nipple and then used a piece of thin, flexible wire, like the kind that garbage bag twist ties are made from, and twisted it and tightened it over the orange tubing at the point where I had made the channel on the nipple of the bottle. (Sorry, I like saying the word nipple LOL!)

Since I have done this, the feeding has greatly improved and the bottle no longer pops off the feeding tube no matter how hard I squeeze on it.

2) I had a leakage problem on my GLV3 where I would find excessive amounts of e-liquid on the inside of the feeder attachment. The specific area was in the hollow where the feeding tube went (from the white needle attachment, where the feeding tube is plugged in) to the feeding bottle. I knew that the liquid was not coming from the bottle, because I had just implemented fix #1. Upon inspection, I found that the top of the rounded portion of the white needle attachment (where the metal feeding needle goes into the atty connector of the GLV3) was too small on top to make a snug fit with the bottom of the atty tube of the GLV3. To fix this I used an o-ring (I have a box with a huge assortment of o-rings) and slipped it over the needle and around the round plastic white portion of the connection, so that when I slipped the GLV3's atty tube over it, the atty tube made a snugger connection to the base.

Since I have made this fix, I no longer get an accumulation of e-liquid in the hollow and my GLV# is dry.

I made these fixes last week Wednesday for the bottle and last Sunday for the 0-ring and so far it has all been working out fine.

I hope that these fixes work for you if you are having the same issues. If I can be of any other help with these fixes please write in this thread or PM me.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
Hi Jay here is the pic i promised. I'll pm Aziffel, so he can tell us what the mod is he made to the connection to prevent leaks it's a small metal tube kinda like what the juice squeezes out through on top:

tubemod2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread