Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
I just doubled checked the charger it is 4.2V rated.

I will have to double check on the batteries.

I'm curious about the battery voltage itself, before any VV technology occurs. The reason being that operating a device at a higher voltage than the battery produces introduces a certain level on inefficiency which will reduce the useable time available from each charge. Operating at a lower voltage is pretty efficient and doesn't have the same "overhead" that higher voltages require.

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
well i guess i will not buying the spinner right now,,maybe in march.

i just pulled the trigger on 2 VV passthru 650's .

3.3 to 6.0 volt,,,,been looking for some thing like this for a while ,it has led read out,of course it is ego 510 threading.

that was a quick 60.00,,my finger still is throbbing .

i will never quit buying toys i guess,,shame on me.

i like the passthru on my X2,,but wanted the VV and LCD readout,,,it should be better them my ego twists,,i hope.

OH MAN,,,,,,, I JUST CAN'T HELP MY SELF !:):ohmy::unsure::blush::toast:

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Know that feeling well, Larry. Now I'm vacillating between an SI VV or going for something significantly more advanced, trying hard to justify it...LOL

Thanks, Imagine. Well, 4.2 volts is a little low for a device that's physically configured for USB which is 5.0 volts, industry standard. If that's going to present a problem for someone who plugs it into a computer USB port or other 5.0 volt supply port maybe a strong caution would be in order or maybe just configure it with a different, other than USB connection. Personally, I don't think it'll make any difference at all.

That also suggests that the battery will be at 3.7 volts given the "head room" needed for charging which means a voltage boost to go over 3.7 volts.

Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it. Your results and mileage may vary. No warranty or guarantee is expressed or implied.

Last edited:

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
ya i was getting ready to jump on 2 volt spinners,but i got to browsing the other vendors toys,and i got hooked on a page that i could not pull myself away from,,i did spend a whole hour debating , should i or should i not,should i or should i not,,since i have the will power of a worm and a spine to match,,i jumped on them with out looking and got nailed.

CGlassford

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
I just gotta make my mind up between the 650 or the 900.

My 650 X2's last a good long time, but I know I'll be vapin the beejaysus outta this thing when I get it and I'm not gonna wanna keep switching over so it can charge.

I would get the 1300, but those just don't hang that well from the lanyard. I mean, they hang fine but they tend to get caught on stuff because of the length. Now that I have the T3 working to my satisfaction, it would be even longer.

I've never had a 900 but I'm guessing, with a T3 attached, it would be about the same length as the 1300 with the X2 clearo.

So.....I have pro's and con's with both the 650 and the 900. Hmmmmmmm

Maybe I'll get the 650 this week and then order the 900 next week hehehehe I already warned the Hubby that things were about to get expensive when I saw that SI was bringing out the Spinner. :p

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
The spinner charger has a USB connection as the plug so it can plug into any USB adapter including the .5a, 1.5a, car charger, fist power pack etc.

I'm not clear on one point. Can this charger be plugged into the Volt usb wall plug 1.5A... the one that can be used for charging the X2? Also, can the volt spinners be charged on the SI power pack? I don't like charging anything on my computer.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
The spinner charger has a USB connection as the plug so it can plug into any USB adapter including the .5a, 1.5a, car charger, fist power pack etc.

Thanks Imagine! I thought so but this is the time to ask questions before they make their debut. Getting ready for the big release day!

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
it is 3.7v
I'm curious about the battery voltage itself, before any VV technology occurs. The reason being that operating a device at a higher voltage than the battery produces introduces a certain level on inefficiency which will reduce the useable time available from each charge. Operating at a lower voltage is pretty efficient and doesn't have the same "overhead" that higher voltages require.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
we just feel that the 650/900/1300 seems to be a good variety.

Imagine,

Awesome news!! I can't wait to grab a couple. They will be perfect with the T3s. I can't decide between the 900 and the 1300. I'm surprised that there isn't an 1100 version though.

You can never have too many batteries :)

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
we just feel that the 650/900/1300 seems to be a good variety.

I agree...
However, I saw a pic for a little 400 stubby battery.. Thought it was cute and very short. I know it starts to overlap with the smaller batteries, but thought I would just mention it. At the other end, I am very happy with both my manuals... 650 & 900. The 900 is just about perfect, 1 full day for me. Part of me wants to have 1 1300, just to say I have it, lol.

Back on track..... I'M WAITING!!!! I have my order all mapped out, waiting for the spinner to show up in stock. :)

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
I had to read that three times. Hey, try to understand my perspective - at a bar on the floor under the table. jk. :party:

six outlet electrical bar,,can't think of the proper name for it,,sorry.

i don't drink so don't need that kind of a bar,,but if i did,i would be under the table instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread