Available Now! UD AGT Titanium RBA - Rebuildable Atomizer with THICK Pyrex Glass Tank - Great Youde Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwbard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
Florida
Thanks for d infos.. Can't wait for the weekend and try to perfect it! Especially that my precise simplicity has just arrived.. Anyways what's best site to get ss ropes and silicas?

@gwbard cool setup there!
I got the 7x7 1/16 37mm Wire Rope Wick and the XS-116 Silica Sleeving from (vendor link removed)

(not my intention to hijack this thread, but since GV does not carry these items I'll assume it's ok)

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
Well I got mine in and once you get it to wick, this thing hits pretty good. It is my first rba and I can't run SS right now. I don't have access to a torch and can't get the pusle method to work with my Provari. I'm running it a 5.5v on a 3.2 ohm coil made 7 wraps of .16mm Kanthal coming out to 3.2 ohms. The wick is 2mm silica wick with 2 of the 4 strands removed going to the tank and a second 2mm wick in the coil. I will say this thing eats my liquid way faster than a air way modded Vivi Nova, but produces a lot more vapor and flavour.

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
Round two, just learned how to make a micro coil so I can make a 1.6ohm coil on about a 1mm-1.5mm SS wick. It took about 4 inch of 0.32mm Kanthal wrapped 10/11 times. This thing is hitting like a freight train now, in fact I'm kinda crosseyed right now, wicking great. I haven't tried to chain vape it, but really don't think I want to, 3 drags and I'm buzzing, 4 and my head is spinning. Thank you GotVapes on the great product, it looks killer on my Provari mini.

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
Thought I would give this a bump with some pics :)

goodink-albums-my-gear-picture237396-caption.jpg

goodink-albums-my-gear-picture241681-agt.jpg

BTW if you want to use silica be careful, I burned my center post insulator because my coil was too big :blush:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thanks, there isn't a lot of working room in there. This is my first genny and if I can do it on a VV, anyone can make it work on a mech.

There is no difference in how you build a coil for a VV, VW, mechanical or any other mod... The only thing to consider on any of them is what ohms you are building for so you don't exceed the amperage rating of the mod or the battery it is using.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Shorts are more of a pain to work out on a VV because of the amp limits, error codes, at least that is what I have read.

I believe you have misunderstood what you read or what you read was misleading...

Most VV / VW devices have a built in tester that shows the ohms resistance... a non-VV or non-VW device doesn't so it will require a different tester ( like a multimeter ) to test with. With the built in tester, it makes it easier to test resistance.

Error codes are also not hard... usually a device only has 2 of them, one for low resistance ( short ) and one for low battery. The only "tough" part is remembering what they code means... many people throw away or forget where the manual is.

A short on an RBA or RDA is not going to be any easier or any harder to work out no matter what device you have. These devices do have a slight learning curve and can usually be "built" using several configurations... that is part of why they are only recommended for more advanced users that have some experience.

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
League City, Texas
GoodInk...
Dude! You are telling me you are a flyboy and you cant find anything to scorch your wicks with?

Anyhow if you can't find a gas fired plumbers torch, welding torch, electric furnace, gas turbine and long long stick, campfire, bunsen burner or etc... Or have a buddy who is a mechanic...

Go over to the BX and get yourself a jet type cigar ilghter.

Heck, if you are on deployment, hook up with a Marine, those guys can find a way to get stuff cooking....

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
LOL, you are lucky to find a normal type lighter where I'm at. I did happen to find a torch.

I should state am having some problems with the center pin spinning when putting this on my PV. It causes the top coil to tighten and creats a short and hot spot. I haven't had time to mess with it too much, but I'm hoping if I hold the nuts and the deck while I screw it on it might keep it from happening.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
forgive my ignorance and being too lazy to read the whole thread...but I just spent 4 hours on a tattoo table and I'm exhausted. What is that mod/battery holder that the tank is on? I want need one.

There are two different mod's in this thread... In Danno's OP post... it's the SmokTek Natural which is a mechanical mod. If that's the one... make sure to look through all of GV's mech mods... there are probably a couple that would catch your eye beyond that one.

The other is just a Provari Mini... which of course GotVapes doesn't carry.

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
There are two different mod's in this thread... In Danno's OP post... it's the SmokTek Natural which is a mechanical mod. If that's the one... make sure to look through all of GV's mech mods... there are probably a couple that would catch your eye beyond that one.

The other is just a Provari Mini... which of course GotVapes doesn't carry.

Just!!!! I'll take my mini over my Natural any day of the week ;)

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Just!!!! I'll take my mini over my Natural any day of the week ;)

Yes I said "just"... While the Provari's are certainly well built and has a nice smooth output... I'm not a fanboy of them and consider any comments on them other than that to be a bit exaggerated. As many, including myself, have said... they need to get up to date and include VW along with their VV option.

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
Yes I said "just"... While the Provari's are certainly well built and has a nice smooth output... I'm not a fanboy of them and consider any comments on them other than that to be a bit exaggerated. As many, including myself, have said... they need to get up to date and include VW along with their VV option.

I agree, I was just making fun, atleast they are looking in to a flat top for it finally. I got mine because it is well built, when deployed you can just run to a B&M store or order something and it will be there in a week.

But back on topic, I love this little atty, the flavour is just the best. Blows away my Vivi's, and RSST, and is beeter than my Oddy clone. It's my goto right now, and is very pocketable, atleast with the VG based juice that I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread