Back from another extremely long hiatus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX
I just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone because I haven't been around in a while. I'm about to post my first treasure chest (or PIF or something if TC isn't still around) in the past 1.5 years, maybe?

It's time for me to give back because a sweet little angel :wub:coughcoughLOXMYTHEcoughcough:wub: helped me out not too long ago when I was in dire need of some help.

I don't know if many of my friends from back in the day are still around on here, but here's a run down of my life in the past year:

• Extremely close to graduating with my BFA in sculpture (and an associates in I.T., gotta have something to fall back onto)
  • I got a promotion at work! Wooo!
  • I got together with a friend of mine who graduated not too long ago and we opened up a business! It's a vintage arcade. We took a bunch of old broken down video arcade machines and restored them ourselves. It took me all summer and a good part of this semester to do it. I'm working 80 hour weeks between my job, the arcade and school, but it's totally worth it.
  • I grew a beard. It itches really bad.
  • My grandmother passed away recently and I took a road trip up to Illinois so I could make sure to put flowers on her grave since I wasn't able to make it to her funeral.

Those are the most important things that have happened in the past year-ish.

Now PIF'ers.
It's your turn.

Tell me your stories. :)

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
Hey POP! Glad you're back!

So sorry about your grandmother. I could attend my grandfather's funeral 12.5 years ago...it meant a lot to me to finally see his grave for some strange reason lol.

Wow - so close to graduating!!!! I'm so proud of you. And a business!! Too cool! (grab some accounting classes while you still can! ;-) )

ummm, and you can shave at any time. (And when you do, will you call DS#1 and suggest he does too?!) ( I know, I know, it's just hair.)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
[*]I got together with a friend of mine who graduated not too long ago and we opened up a business! It's a vintage arcade. We took a bunch of old broken down video arcade machines and restored them ourselves. It took me all summer and a good part of this semester to do it. I'm working 80 hour weeks between my job, the arcade and school, but it's totally worth it.

That is so cool! You are so enterprising, young man. :)

GL to you going forward!

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX
Hey POP! Glad you're back!

So sorry about your grandmother. I could attend my grandfather's funeral 12.5 years ago...it meant a lot to me to finally see his grave for some strange reason lol.

Wow - so close to graduating!!!! I'm so proud of you. And a business!! Too cool! (grab some accounting classes while you still can! ;-) )

ummm, and you can shave at any time. (And when you do, will you call DS#1 and suggest he does too?!) ( I know, I know, it's just hair.)

I will probably shave it sometime soon. It itches so bad I can't stand it. I'm mostly only doing it because my boyfriend likes it. :p

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
Pop! Welcome back!! I've seen ya on FB, so it's kind of cheating, but congrats on your new venture! My story, I've started on a new venture, too.. I "opened" my own business, too.. photography.. something I love, love, love.. been busy learning tons and starting things up.. had to come back this time of year so that I could get a little "feel good" spirit, I can't seem to even fake it this year, but PIF always helps that.. so here's to hoping! Congrats again and welcome back!!

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
I missed you, PoP! nice to see you around :)

The arcade sounds like fantastic idea. I'd definitely go to that. I'd love to see a pic of the arcade, as a gaming nerd... that just sounds so cool.

I will probably shave it sometime soon. It itches so bad I can't stand it. I'm mostly only doing it because my boyfriend likes it. :p

All the good ones...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread