Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hi all,

It's about time to buy some fresh batteries for my Grands and P-67. I've always been pleased with the AW 18650 but I see there are 2 options: 2200mAh or 1600mAh. I know I could do the research but, hey, there are so many wise folks here. So how about I pass this quandary to you What should I get? I normally (always) vape above 1, if that is a consideration.....

Thank you in advance wise ones.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
image-jpeg.535619

18650 Battery Ratings -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
With the AW button tops, I find almost no difference in terms of usable charge time (that is, the duration that they hold a 4.2 - 3.7 V charge) between the 1600 and 2200's. The 1600's have a higher C rating, so more headroom with lower ohm builds - prolly a moot point for your build preferences, but it's the determining factor for me, and so I roll with the 1600's.

Also because I tend to favour builds in the .3 - .5 ohm range, I find button tops preferable to flat tops in the grands due to some pitting (from arcing) I experienced with the latter.

For the P67, pitting should not be exacerbated with flat tops as the switch works differently (just as with the 2015 woodies). For flat tops, I like the samsung and LG's mentioned above.

Now, do you want to manage two different battery types for different mods? Maybe. Maybe not. Button tops should work just fine in the P67's and, IMHO, are preferred for grands, so really all you're getting with the flat tops is some longer usage cycles. That might be desirable enough for you (it is for me), but it might not be.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Thank you all for your replies and wisdom. Sorry I didn't reply earlier as work got the best of my time today. It helped to clarify the difference in the 2 AW's I was considering in terms of ohms. Perhaps I can pass this on someone in the future. Since I already have some AW's (button tops), I'll just get some more and choose whichever Mah is less expensive (not being a sub-ohmer). Unless of course, the flat tops mentioned would go better with my purple SL door on the P-67 . Easy peezy!

Thanks wise ones!

Now, that I'm looking more at the table supplied by Sonic, I notice that AW doesn't seem to have made the cut in this test...interesting.... Hmmmm, any more thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread