Status
Not open for further replies.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Hey guys. It's been awhile. The other thread is closed, and can't post to it. I've been using my AW 18650 1600mah and 2200mah for a long time. I meant to replace them last year, but never got around to it. Only vendor I trust at this point is RTDVapors. They have a good selection, and few new ones I've not noticed before. AW is certainly out of the question, and they're currently out of LG HG2. I could get the Sony VTC6 or Samsung 30T. I'm not sure. Are there any new 3000 - 5000mah batteries out there that has continuous discharge of 20amp?

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Hey guys. It's been awhile. The other thread is closed, and can't post to it. I've been using my AW 18650 1600mah and 2200mah for a long time. I meant to replace them last year, but never got around to it. Only vendor I trust at this point is RTDVapors. They have a good selection, and few new ones I've not noticed before. AW is certainly out of the question, and they're currently out of LG HG2. I could get the Sony VTC6 or Samsung 30T. I'm not sure. Are there any new 3000 - 5000mah batteries out there that has continuous discharge of 20amp?

I had these bookmarked, (I am not sure who originally recommended them) but I think the length is correct. I think they were using them in a Provari. I am not sure if this helps or not.:unsure:

3000mAh 18650 Battery 20A-35A Li-ion 3.7V Button Top Rechargeable High Drain H-IMR - Orbtronic

KAS

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Not familiar with the Reo Grand so unsure if it requires a button top battery or not. Regardless, you will never find a 5000mAh battery with a 20 amp CDR rating. The design just does not allow it. As mAh increases, CDR decreases. If looking for a 20 amp cell, 3000 mAh will be the maximum - anything rated higher is over rated. Choose your CDR rating according to the resistance you typically use.

If button top is required, 18650batterystore.com has a few – will let others recommended additional sites.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I'd rather have a button top AW, but can't find them anywhere. I usually make my coils at 1.10 ohms. Will 3000mah @ 20 amp be sufficient? It's been a long times since I shopped for batteries, and really didn't know 5000mah were out. Thanks for the info PID. I've seen Orbtronic and 18650batterystore.com, but have never ordered from them. Since I've ordered from RTDvapors.com, I figure I'll order from them.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I'd rather have a button top AW, but can't find them anywhere. I usually make my coils at 1.10 ohms. Will 3000mah @ 20 amp be sufficient? It's been a long times since I shopped for batteries, and really didn't know 5000mah were out. Thanks for the info PID. I've seen Orbtronic and 18650batterystore.com, but have never ordered from them. Since I've ordered from RTDvapors.com, I figure I'll order from them.

1.1 ohm coil will draw < 4amps so a 20 amp cell will be more than sufficient.

Tagging @Baditude – he knows more about AW than I care to. But I believe they are no longer in business which means anything you find now are either fakes or old stock. Not trying to imply RDTVapor is selling fake batteries, but something to keep in mind. AW are the only button tops I see on RDT. 18650batterystore has Samsung 30Q with a button top – would be an excellent choice for your needs. Just ensure you are not purchasing a “Protected” button top battery. Protected batteries are longer in size and most likely will not fit your device. They also limit current draw.

Reactions: ed101z

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Tagging @Baditude – he knows more about AW than I care to. But I believe they are no longer in business which means anything you find now are either fakes or old stock. Not trying to imply RDTVapor is selling fake batteries, but something to keep in mind. AW are the only button tops I see on RDT.
AW batteries haven't been available for about 2 - 3 years now, since the manufacturing plant in China shut down allegedly from a flood. Any AW batteries that you see advertised for sale ANYWHERE are either 3 years old, or counterfeits. (All AW batteries sold on AliBaba or AliExpress are counterfeit junk.)

RTD Vapor "lists" AW batteries on their website, but when you attempt to order them it says, "Enter your email address to be notified when this item is back in stock." Don't hold your breath for that. ;)

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
AW batteries haven't been available for about 2 - 3 years now, since the manufacturing plant in China shut down allegedly from a flood. Any AW batteries that you see advertised for sale ANYWHERE are either 3 years old, or counterfeits. (All AW batteries sold on AliBaba or AliExpress are counterfeit junk.)

RTD Vapor "lists" AW batteries on their website, but when you attempt to order them it says, "Enter your email address to be notified when this item is back in stock." Don't hold your breath for that. ;)

Thanks Bad – Couldn’t remember the details behind AW. Was early, still working on my morning coffee and not quite firing on all cylinders. Haven’t chatted in a while – hope all is well and you enjoyed the holidays.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
If you are vaping above 1ohm there is no reason to keyhole yourself into a battery with 20A CDR. This limits the choices and moreso the option of having greater capacity (mAh). Why not shop-out 10A CDR batts with >3000mah?

Stick to Sony, Sanyo, Panasonic, LG. While there are rewraps of good cells, why trust a middleman who alters a battery and possibly exaggerated capacity??

Reactions: ed101z

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
If you are vaping above 1ohm there is no reason to keyhole yourself into a battery with 20A CDR. This limits the choices and moreso the option of having greater capacity (mAh). Why not shop-out 10A CDR batts with >3000mah?

Because a 15 to 20 amp cell will just perform better and may even give longer run time. Higher mAh batteries will have a higher internal resistance which will result in a higher voltage sag. Also, mAh is measured down to the cells cut off, 2.5 volts and with a Milliamp load. We do not vape down to 2.5 volts so we have to analyze how much Amp Hours the battery is able to achieve for our given current draw down to our typical cut off voltage.

Mooch has not tested a lot of legit high capacity batteries (few exaggerated re-wraps). 3500mAh Samsung 35E, 3400mAh LG MJ1 and a 3500mAh Sony VTC 7, all give an approx. 1.4 AmpHrs with a 5 amp draw down to 3.4 volts (which maybe low for a mech)

The popular 3, Sony VTC 6, Sam 30Q and LG HG2 all give an approx. 1.5 AmpHrs down to 3.4 volts with a 10 amp draw – 5 amp draw will definitely yield longer runtime but Mooch has not plotted 5 amp discharge with these cells.

The Sanyo NCR18650GA, 3300mAh shows an approx. 1.6 AmpHrs with a 5 amp draw down to 3.4 volts, but willing to bet the VTC 6, 30Q and HG2 are still able to exceed this with a 5 amp draw.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I've been using LG 18650 HG2 3000mah 20a batteries for years now. Pull them at around 4v when I refill the bottle when it reaches half empty.

Always bought them at rtd vapor but looks like they dont carry them anymore.

That is weird, maybe they are just out of stock. :unsure: I just bought 8 of them roughly a month ago from them. :?: They are what I use when I don't need a button top. :|

KAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread