Batteries and charger for smoking alien al85

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Hi, I've never dealt with batteries just built in on my eleaf. I'm wondering what kind of 18650 battery to get for the smok alien al85 , I see there are all different types like 20a 35a ECT. And really don't know the difference. Also does it matter what kind of charger I get for them and can you recommend a solid seller?

Thanks

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
For single 18650 devices, I feel it's acceptable to charge in device. For long battery life, go with Samsung 30Q. For max power, but shorter battery life, go with LG HB4. For a good mix of power and life, Sony VTC5A.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hi, I've never dealt with batteries just built in on my Eleaf. I'm wondering what kind of 18650 battery to get for the smok alien al85 , I see there are all different types like 20a 35a ECT. And really don't know the difference. Also does it matter what kind of charger I get for them and can you recommend a solid seller?

Thanks
For the full 85w you'll need a true 30-amp battery such as the LG hb2, 4, or 6 (if the al85 is like the Smok Alien though the amp rating will be exceeded a bit). Note that the battery capacity is very low on such high amp batteries. The 25-amp Sony vtc5a (not vtc5) is good up to about 65w (assuming that the al85 has the same low voltage cutoff as the Alien), and 20-amp batteries good up to about 55w. There are no 18650s that are over 30-amps. Buy only authentic Sony, LG, and Samsung batteries, all others are lower quality rewraps and you can't trust them, and buy them from a trusted seller (there are a lot of fakes out there).

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaveP

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
It all boils down to what wattage you intend to vape at. For anything above around 58W you will need more than a 20A battery. For 58W and lower you can do very well with 20A cells. Have a look at Moochs recommended batteries to find the appropriate cells for your purposes.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/image-jpeg.600623/

Also might be useful to check out his blog:
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

As well as Baditudes Blog on Ohms Law and battery safety:
Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread