Baby Alien AL85 charging problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeelio

Apr 18, 2017
Hi!

I replaces my coolfire 4 for a smoke al85 bandy alien, loved the upgrade!

Two days ago the battery was showing as low evem though when I had around 25% charge left. It also never fired from.time to time, took it to a local shop who recommended a new battery as it wouldn't charge properly neither.

Anyways changed battery and still doesn't charge! What happens is when I plug a a usb charger it moves the battery charge sign up slightly then back down, can't seem to find an answer!

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Reactions: Cf11

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Can a too powerful charger damage the mod?
Definitely yes(maybe not the mod but damage can be caused to the battery as well).

Please abstain from using the samsung chargers as they're usually very high output.
The safest bet is to plug it via the usb into a PC port.

Most of the people here including me would suggest you to get an external charger to charge the batteries.

Now in your case if the battery doesn't charge even when you have plugged it in the pc and left it for a few hours then you might have a defective piece and you should contact the seller for the warranty.
But first as i mentioned try to charge it with PC port and leave it for a couple of hours(not unattended though, can be risky in case your mod is defective)

Reactions: Adeelio

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Also these external chargers, are there are recommended ones to get/ not to get?

Thanks again!
A few good ones are nitecore and xtar.
The nitecore i2 and d2 are pretty good. Xtar vc2 is also really good.
These are just a few good ones to get. I'm sure there is a separate thread about it on the forum.
You could check that out for further details.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi!
I replaces my coolfire 4 for a smoke al85 bandy alien, loved the upgrade!
Two days ago the battery was showing as low evem though when I had around 25% charge left. It also never fired from.time to time, took it to a local shop who recommended a new battery as it wouldn't charge properly neither.
Anyways changed battery and still doesn't charge! What happens is when I plug a a usb charger it moves the battery charge sign up slightly then back down, can't seem to find an answer!
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Could check:
Guide to Choosing a Battery Charger | E-Cigarette Forum
Might be a good idea to fill in your location so we know which part of the world you are located in order to tailor some replies. Location can be found in your personal profile by clicking your name next to inbox, upper rt. hand corner, then personal details.

Reactions: Cf11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread