Battery help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayton Desa

Sep 24, 2017
Hey guys, I'm still relatively new and I apologise if this was answered in another post somewhere.

I currently own a Vaporesso revenger mod. I know it's designed for sub ohm vaping. My question is can anybody recommend me a good battery to use that'll last me vaping through the day etc and a have cooler operating temperature of the battery.

I have been looking at the Sony VTC5 & LG HG2 batteries which one would be better if anything.

Sorry for the long post. I'm truly grateful if someone could help me out with this.

Clayton Desa

Sep 24, 2017
Depending on your vape style even the highest rated battery may not get you through the day. You could always carry a spare (in a safe case) to switch out if needed. I guess this would depend on your vaping habits, if you chain vape or not, etc.

Anna
Ohhh thank you Anna much appreciated, I'm not a chain vaper, just on about when I need a few drags is all

Clayton Desa

Sep 24, 2017
50w - 60w per cell
3000mah
Samsung 30Q 20a CDR
LGHg2 18ish a CDR
Sony vtc6 19ish a CDR

60w - 75w per cell
25a cdr
Sony vtc5A must be 'A'
LGHD series

75w - 90w per cell
30a cdr
LGHB series.
50w - 60w per cell
3000mah
Samsung 30Q 20a CDR
LGHg2 18ish a CDR
Sony vtc6 19ish a CDR

60w - 75w per cell
25a cdr
Sony vtc5A must be 'A'
LGHD series

75w - 90w per cell
30a cdr
LGHB series.
Thank you so much Elvis I shall look into them now!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
HI and welcome. What battery I shall recommend is going to be greatly dependent upon what wattage you want to vape. This is also true regarding battery life; you have a much better chance of making it through the day at 13 watts than you do at 213 watts. Here's a copy of our resident Battery Jedi, Mooch, latest selection chart:

img_4813-jpg.643937

I won't get all technical regarding how to calculate the amp draw on a regulated mod, but a good rule of thumb 60 watts per cell for 20amp batteries. Your Revenger is a two-battery mod, so 20 amp batteries should allow you to safely vape up to 120 watts. On the chart, the battery with the greatest storage capacity is the Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA, but this is only a 10 amp battery. If you know you are never going to vape above 40-50 watts (never, never, never, ever, never; I promise. Cross my heart and hope to blow my face off with an exploding battery if I cheat. Seriously.) you can't beat those for battery life. Even then, I still don't recommend it, simply because you mod can be set above the max wattage and slips happen. Those Sanyos are for Old Skool Provaris that can't make over 15 watts on their best day. Under 120 watts I'd go with the Samsung 30Qs, which are solid 20A batteries and have 3000 mAh, the best 20A battery on the chart. If you can tolerate a bit less wattage-- say, under 100 watts-- then the LG HG2 (18A) and the Sony VTC6 (19A) are both sound cells with similar battery life characteristics; and which might be cheaper. I use the HG2 "poop stick" batteries in my 3-battery mods, of which I have several.

If you need more than 120 watts, the LG HD series (HD2, HD2C, HD4) are good for 25 amps and will take you into the 150 watt range. I use the HD2Cs and Sony VTC4s (getting hard to find) in my mech mods to provide better safety margin. Above that, I'd go with the LG HB series at 30A out to 180-200 watts. If you really need more than that, ditch the Revenger and get a 3-4 battery mod; possibly considering a 3S or 4S LiPo pack custom rig.

Finally, note the blue section at the bottom with "trusted vendors." Buy your batteries from one of them. There are counterfeits out there.

Last edited:

Clayton Desa

Sep 24, 2017
Omg man this is the best. I'm so solid grateful for this!!!! Thank you man
HI and welcome. What battery I shall recommend is going to be greatly dependent upon what wattage you want to vape. This is also true regarding battery life; you have a much better chance of making it through the day at 13 watts than you do at 213 watts. Here's a copy of our resident Battery Jedi, Mooch, latest selection chart:

img_4813-jpg.643937

I won't get all technical regarding how to calculate the amp draw on a regulated mod, but a good rule of thumb 60 watts per cell for 20amp batteries. Your Revenger is a two-battery mod, so 20 amp batteries should allow you to safely vape up to 120 watts. On the chart, the battery with the greatest storage capacity is the Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA, but this is only a 10 amp battery. If you know you are never going to vape above 40-50 watts (never, never, never, ever, never; I promise. Cross my heart and hope to blow my face off with an exploding battery if I cheat. Seriously.) you can't beat those for battery life. Even then, I still don't recommend it, simply because you mod can be set above the max wattage and slips happen. Those Sanyos are for Old Skool Provaris that can't make over 15 watts on their best day. Under 120 watts I'd go with the Samsung 30Qs, which are solid 20A batteries and have 3000 mAh, the best 20A battery on the chart. If you can tolerate a bit less wattage-- say, under 100 watts-- then the LG HG2 (18A) and the Sony VTC6 (19A) are both sound cells with similar battery life characteristics; and which might be cheaper. I use the HG2 "poop stick" batteries in my 3-battery mods, of which I have several.

If you need more than 120 watts, the LG HD series (HD2, HD2C, HD4) are good for 25 amps and will take you into the 150 watt range. I use the HD2Cs and Sony VTC4s (getting hard to find) in my mech mods to provide better safety margin.) Above that, I'd go with the LG HB series at 30A out to 180-200 watts. If you really need more than that, ditch the Revenger and get a 3-4 battery mod; possibly considering a 3S or 4S LiPo pack custom rig.

Finally, note the blue section at the bottom with "trusted vendors." Buy your batteries from one of them. There are counterfeits out there.

Omg thank you man you're the best, I'm solid grateful for this info! Bless you man!.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Omg man this is the best. I'm so solid grateful for this!!!! Thank you man

Omg thank you man you're the best, I'm solid grateful for this info! Bless you man!.
Lol, no prob dude. That's why we're here. Stay safe out there.

And a couple more thoughts: Batteries are expensive. It is in my judgement wise to take good care of them. It is in everybody's judgement much safer to take good care of them. Therefore you will want a good battery charger. I suggest Nitecore or Xtar. There are other good ones, of course, but I'd pop up a thread here asking about them before going all in on one. You can spend serious bucks for junk if you're not careful. The ones I recommend are not the best of the best, but they're solid and won't break the bank. If the budget will stretch, get a 4-cell digital readout model. If not, the 2-cell LED models all work as well, you just don't get as much information about your batteries.

And make sure about safe storage, especially in your pocket where batteries are likely to short out on keys or change or each other. Keep them in a plastic case or a battery sock when not in a mod or charger.

Last edited:

Clayton Desa

Sep 24, 2017
Lol, no prob dude. That's why we're here. Stay safe out there.

And a couple more thoughts: Batteries are expensive. It is in my judgement wise to take good care of them. It is in everybody's judgement much safer to take good care of them. Therefore you will want a good battery charger. I suggest Nitecore or Xtar. There are other good ones, of course, but I'd pop up a thread here asking about them before going all in on one. You can spend serious bucks for junk if you're not careful. The ones I recommend are not the best of the best, but they're solid and won't break the bank. If the budget will stretch, get a 4-cell digital readout model. If not, the 2-cell LED models all work as well, you just don't get as much information about your batteries.

And make sure about safe storage, especially in your pocket where batteries are likely to short out on keys or change or each other. Keep them in a plastic case or a battery sock when not in a mod or charger.

Yes yes, I've looked into getting a nitcore 4 slot charger and I'm pretty much super maintenance type on every gadget I own!. Man I'm really thankful for all this info you've given me, hopefully maybe someday I can give back to the community as you have. Thank you again supertrkr!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Yes yes, I've looked into getting a nitcore 4 slot charger and I'm pretty much super maintenance type on every gadget I own!. Man I'm really thankful for all this info you've given me, hopefully maybe someday I can give back to the community as you have. Thank you again supertrkr!
Any time. And remember, beginning tomorrow you'll be more knowledgeable than anybody starting vaping today. We can always use help right here in New Members keeping our n00bs on the straight and narrow, and I am not always here. Even if you don't know the answer, pop in and say hi, and maybe @ somebody who you think does know. (If you put the @ symbol in front of somebody's screen name the system will notify them to go look at the post, like this @Clayton Desa ) Over time, from reading the posts, you'll quickly see who does what.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

The advantage to buying a 4 battery rather than 2 battery charger is down the road you'll be replacing the 2 battery one with 4 battery anyway. Welcome to vaping, where you truly can never collect too much stuff.;)

Clayton Desa

Sep 24, 2017
The advantage to buying a 4 battery rather than 2 battery charger is down the road you'll be replacing the 2 battery one with 4 battery anyway. Welcome to vaping, where you truly can never collect too much stuff.;)

Haha yes! Making the investment long term beneficial from now!

Clayton Desa

Sep 24, 2017
Any time. And remember, beginning tomorrow you'll be more knowledgeable than anybody starting vaping today. We can always use help right here in New Members keeping our n00bs on the straight and narrow, and I am not always here. Even if you don't know the answer, pop in and say hi, and maybe @ somebody who you think does know. (If you put the @ symbol in front of somebody's screen name the system will notify them to go look at the post, like this @Clayton Desa ) Over time, from reading the posts, you'll quickly see who does what.

Definitely! I will help and contribute as much as I can. The pro stuff I will leave to the God's who run about this forum

Clayton Desa

Sep 24, 2017
I'm late to this, been in church.

I have a revenger, use 4 Samsung 25rs & an efest 4 bay charger. Works just fine.

Sure that's been covered but thought I'd weigh in while standing in line.
Hahaha your comment made my day!! Thank you so much I'll also try the Samsung 25's just to experiment diff tyoes! Ty truly!

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
For what it's worth, they're the only batteries I use specifically because I know they work well in both my revenger & drag.

I just ordered 5 from Liionwholesale.com. I have wismec gen 3 arriving tomorrow that needed 3 batteries unto itself, and the other two will be married to the revenger.

I looked at 30g, the brown LGs as well while they are larger capacity I really don't have a problem with the 25r lasting a day between 40-69 watts. Like I said, I know the 25 and know what to expect, if it ain't broke....

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
For what it's worth, they're the only batteries I use specifically because I know they work well in both my revenger & drag.

I just ordered 5 from Liionwholesale.com. I have wismec gen 3 arriving tomorrow that needed 3 batteries unto itself, and the other two will be married to the revenger.

I looked at 30g, the brown LGs as well while they are larger capacity I really don't have a problem with the 25r lasting a day between 40-69 watts. Like I said, I know the 25 and know what to expect, if it ain't broke....
Same here. I have 16 of'em. I also have four LG HE2's that are close competitors to the 25R.

I got the LG's because (A) they were on sale and (B) it's easier to remember that the two sets of red batteries are married for my dual cell device use.

Clayton Desa

Sep 24, 2017

I was just thinking the same thing if you're going to be running it from 40-70, thank you for thia. It's really helpful to know from another pov and experience!.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hey guys, I'm still relatively new and I apologise if this was answered in another post somewhere.

I currently own a Vaporesso revenger mod. I know it's designed for sub ohm vaping. My question is can anybody recommend me a good battery to use that'll last me vaping through the day etc and a have cooler operating temperature of the battery.

I have been looking at the Sony VTC5 & LG HG2 batteries which one would be better if anything.

Sorry for the long post. I'm truly grateful if someone could help me out with this.
The manufacturer publishes a recommended battery specifiction. Use that and try to buy from a source that's unlikely to sell you a counterfeit product. Do that until you can do a Watts law calculation from memory and understand how that applies to choice of battery. I use a battery with a somewhat lower amp rating than recommended for my mod. I'm comfortable doing that because I configured the mod with a hard limit on max watts that is much lower than the max watts allowed for the device. Instead of 75 watts I never go above 20 watts. So a 25 amp rated battery is overkill. A quality 20 amp batter will do just fine and I'm sure I could safely go lower. I think everybody who has a mod with replacable batteries should understand Watts law and how to apply it.

Clayton Desa

Sep 24, 2017
Yes ve
The manufacturer publishes a recommended battery specifiction. Use that and try to buy from a source that's unlikely to sell you a counterfeit product. Do that until you can do a Watts law calculation from memory and understand how that applies to choice of battery. I use a battery with a somewhat lower amp rating than recommended for my mod. I'm comfortable doing that because I configured the mod with a hard limit on max watts that is much lower than the max watts allowed for the device. Instead of 75 watts I never go above 20 watts. So a 25 amp rated battery is overkill. A quality 20 amp batter will do just fine and I'm sure I could safely go lower. I think everybody who has a mod with replacable batteries should understand Watts law and how to apply it.
Yes very true, I'm still learning and trying not to just be sure for safety, but also to be knowlegeble in all aspects concerning the technical side of vaping. Slowly but surely! Thank you for your experience and opinion. I hope it helps many newcomers into the related topic!.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread