Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
or just a faulty led. i had a battery whose led wouldnt turn off which also meant it was active and when i plugged it into the atomizer it would keep sizzling till it blinked and then automatically shut off. not good. but if it works fine otherwise i wouldnt worry too much about it. you can take off the plastic ash cap and have a look at it. maybe disable it if that suits you.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
It's probably a stuck switch. There are 4 things you can try; 2 out of the 4 are last-ditch efforts though (could also end it's life instead of either fixing it or keeping it the way it is).
- alternately suck and blow on the battery (do this on the side that get screwed onto atomizer; without having it screwed n there of course). Ik you see the switch starting to work well again (blow/suck sharply and strongly) then be ready to repeat this each time you start using that battery again for at least a few days (also repeat if it gets stuck again. With continued care in this way, you could end up with a normal battery after a few days... (could being keyword here).
- hold on to either end of the battery (most chance at tail-end though sometimes at top-end works too) and tap/hit it on the palm of the hand you aren't using to hold the battery; or alternatively try the movement when getting the mercurycolumn down in the old temp-meters. This is a pretty safe method, so try this first.
- if above doesn't help: hold batt in same way, then tap it sharply against a table-edge one or a few times (you could also put a cloth over the sink-edge and then hit it onto that)
- syringe a bit of alcohol into the small hole at the top of the battery; close off at both ends and try shaking/turning to get the liquid around inside; then try to get it out of there again . Let it dry well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread